Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 45795 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: Feedback
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2015, 03:15:46 pm »
I had that a few times. I forgot how to bypass it, though. There should be something to click somewhere.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2016, 11:19:48 am »
Help, Norton Antivirus thinks Blood_And_Iron.exe is unsafe, so I'm unable to download this glorious mod,

what do?
Perhaps this helps. For future reference and especially relevant with the soon upcoming release of Blood & Iron: Age of Imperialism.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v80629965_EndUserProfile_en_us
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline wiener_snitzel

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_Wiener_Snitzel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2016, 02:28:58 pm »
Really enjoying the mod, but one thing i would like to see changed hopefully in future patch is the preseting animation. Its rather awkward, your guy holds his hand too high at trigger and raps his other hand around the barrel of the rifel. And considering this is a rifel that u can actually aim down sight with holding your hand around the barrel makes u unable to aim proberly realistically .

I understand is this Mount and Blade so getting animations perfect is impossible especially with the amount of different rifels and carbines, but it seems like the current animation makes every faction hold every rifel consistently too high on trigger and raps the other hand around the barrel.

One solution to this could simply be to make the rifel sit higher in the animation and bringing the rifel a bit closer to the chest making your guy actually aim down sight.

Top is current animation, bottom is photo shop.

I know this is me just being pissy about such a small thing, but the rest of the mod is so god damn polished this is the only thing bothering me :)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:33:48 pm by wiener_snitzel »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »
Does anyone know how to enable ragdolls on this? I have em set to 'Unlimited' but that doesnt seem to work.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2016, 06:36:08 pm »
Really enjoying the mod, but one thing i would like to see changed hopefully in future patch is the preseting animation. Its rather awkward, your guy holds his hand too high at trigger and raps his other hand around the barrel of the rifel. And considering this is a rifel that u can actually aim down sight with holding your hand around the barrel makes u unable to aim proberly realistically .

I understand is this Mount and Blade so getting animations perfect is impossible especially with the amount of different rifels and carbines, but it seems like the current animation makes every faction hold every rifel consistently too high on trigger and raps the other hand around the barrel.

One solution to this could simply be to make the rifel sit higher in the animation and bringing the rifel a bit closer to the chest making your guy actually aim down sight.

I know this is me just being pissy about such a small thing, but the rest of the mod is so god damn polished this is the only thing bothering me :)
All the different factions use different rifle models. Therefore it's very very hard to make an animation that looks good for every rifle. For having such a high variety of rifles in the game, I think that Parrot has done a good job on fixing an aiming animation.

Offline Eldred

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2016, 10:47:16 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this already in the thread, so sorry if I'm just repeating things, but I do believe the main rifles accuracy is too high. I understand that they are rifled barrels and far more technologically advanced, but a soldier just couldn't hold a gun just as steady and accurately as that in combat. Mount&Blade characters just turn into statues when you hold a thing, so you sorta have to take it into account, and at least make that reticle a small triangle instead of a perfect dot.

Offline Eraamion

• Sergeant
  • Acting Corporal
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
  • Nick: Eraamion
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2016, 01:33:06 am »
The constant crashing that happens when a new map loads is rather aggravating

Offline Painmace

• Donator
  • I'm not active in Mount & Blade related stuff
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Black Legion Homepage
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2016, 11:36:11 am »
The bow units should have more weapon points in archery. They are way to inaccurate, no real bowman is that shiet  ;D really like the mod but id like those people to get a tiny buff.
Also, the animation where cav holds their right hand above their heads look kinda dump... If there was a proper way to toggle it, it be nice.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:15:05 pm by Painmace »

Offline wiener_snitzel

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_Wiener_Snitzel
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »
Please remove this red thingy above Gatling gun, it makes it impossible to see that u are shooting at

Offline DrTaco

• Private
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:48 pm »
I have serious problems with melee in Napoleonic Wars anyway, but the added randomness to the animations on the downstab on the bayonet make this even worse.
Video to help explain my point

Combat animations should NEVER be randomized in any meaningful way.
Currently there are 3 animations for downstab. A lunge, the normal downstab, and a rifle butt. The ranges for all three of these animations are entirely different and the most infuriating fucking thing in the world. You don't know what attack will happen, and it's impossible to judge the range when it does because you can't guess where the hit will even land! That adds nothing but frustration and randomness to the already random-feeling combat that NW gives.

Combat animations need to properly be telegraphed in Mount & Blade, and this clearly isn't. L'aigle suffered from this problem too (And I believe it still does). I know this and most games that involve muskets are almost entirely shooting oriented, but that's no excuse to make melee worse from the base game.

Bleed adds nothing meaningful to the game and discourages melee.
I'm not sure if I need to say anything here. Medics are always in short supply and from my brief experience not very fun to play. I'm encouraged to avoid melee even more because getting hit even once (And you will get hit by something), you're going to die. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2016, 12:50:53 am »
melee hits are based on the end of the weapon (judged by the weapon length) making contact with the hit boxes, as far as i've seen there's not much wrong with it. the two regular stabs have a much greater chance in playing than the rifle butt hit, which has a 1 in 10 chance of playing.

medics restore health, this resolves the problems that the mod (and nas) had/have of being hit and being on low health after bleeding for a bit. the system is now arguably better than nw in that you now have an option of restoring lost health, otherwise you were probably going to die anyway
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline DrTaco

• Private
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2016, 04:27:39 am »
melee hits are based on the end of the weapon (judged by the weapon length) making contact with the hit boxes, as far as i've seen there's not much wrong with it. the two regular stabs have a much greater chance in playing than the rifle butt hit, which has a 1 in 10 chance of playing.

medics restore health, this resolves the problems that the mod (and nas) had/have of being hit and being on low health after bleeding for a bit. the system is now arguably better than nw in that you now have an option of restoring lost health, otherwise you were probably going to die anyway

Just because the chance is low doesn't mean it's a good thing - it isn't. You're adding randomness to a system that absolutely should not have randomness in it - no exceptions. Your handling of your character's melee attacks should NOT BE UP TO CHANCE. AT ALL. If I want a stab, I don't want to have a chance of absolutely whiffing because the RNG chose a rifle butt.

The medics help, yes. The medics are good. But, and I think most of us will agree, the chance of someone bothering to play medic on the public server is low. Incredibly low. But if you're balancing this for events then fine, but as soon as the medic dies (And they will because everything is so damn accurate), the system will just piss people off because they'll be bleed out with no way to stop it.

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Pfd_Lt_McMoldy
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2016, 06:30:36 am »
Mod is pretty good, though I would like to make two requests,

The first is to give the cavalry more carbines and ranged weapons where historically accurate. I do believe this period saw an increased use of carbines amongst cavalry due to the firepower now found in the infantry. The carbines would give cavalry an increased ability to combat infantry, especially since right  now they have difficulties fighting infantry unless they are taken by surprise. It would also be interesting to see how it works in events which would allow the cavalry to act as a rapid response force, able to take strong points quickly.

Secondly, it would be pretty cool to see the mitrailleuse in action. :P

Thanks!
Gott damnit moldy, my history page is never safe - 19te_Aussie

Offline Painmace

• Donator
  • I'm not active in Mount & Blade related stuff
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Black Legion Homepage
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »
Mod is pretty good, though I would like to make two requests,

The first is to give the cavalry more carbines and ranged weapons where historically accurate. I do believe this period saw an increased use of carbines amongst cavalry due to the firepower now found in the infantry. The carbines would give cavalry an increased ability to combat infantry, especially since right  now they have difficulties fighting infantry unless they are taken by surprise. It would also be interesting to see how it works in events which would allow the cavalry to act as a rapid response force, able to take strong points quickly.

Secondly, it would be pretty cool to see the mitrailleuse in action. :P

Thanks!

You mean hussars/heavy should also have carbines?

Havnt been able to see a cav reg in an event yet. So i cant give full comment to it but, from what iv seen i think cav is fine. In an event NW aswell, cav rarley go for a regiment looking at them or who arent busy yet, maybe heavy cav would.
So in my opinion cav is fine as is, dont know about the carbine accuracy. Also you cant judge cav on 1 regiment or few people as skill have to be put in mind

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Pfd_Lt_McMoldy
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2016, 07:33:34 pm »
Good points. Don't know about what the French/British/Japanese did with their cavalry, but I do know that the heavy Prussian cavalry and the uhlans carried single shot percussion cap pistols, while the dragoons and hussars carried carbies. I assume it would be similar to the other factions. And I admit I have not seen them in action in a event either, so this is just me guessing here. :P
Gott damnit moldy, my history page is never safe - 19te_Aussie