Author Topic: NW Community Representative Applications  (Read 54148 times)

Offline Ste

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ste
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Community Representative Applications
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »
Username: Ste
Steamname: stedarcy12
Why do you think you can speak for the community? I am very logical and in favor of the people not the admins and other such high power people I think before I make decisions
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:53:30 pm by Ste »

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 10:43:23 pm »
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:35:03 am by sleekcrush »
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 10:43:25 pm »
Username: James Grant
Steamname: Jez93
Why do you think you can speak for the community?
Although I have on occasion referred to the more dramatic aspect of the community after my recent ban I do feel that watching everything without getting involved has allowed me to mature substantially. I also feel that given the right amount of responsibility I will do my best for the community, I know alot of the regiment leaders but am largely impartial nowadays. I feel this is a vain attempt but I do feel I would be able to do some good. Many thanks, a very quiet James Grant.

I'm posting for him since he is muted. he has told me what to say.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:46:39 pm by Thomas_The_Mighty »

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:00 pm »
IMO, the Community reps should be of a smaller number, say 5 or so. They should also not be administrators of the official servers and/or these forums. They should also not be high ranking officers in regiments (preferably not in regiments at all). Just my 2 pence.

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:11 pm »
I hate to burst the bubble, but for any kind of admin application, it needs to be a lot more comprehensive making people actually think about what they're applying for and whether or not they have the time needed to contribute. Allowing a community vote for admins will not end well.

This is not for administrators, it is for representatives of the community. It is entirely different from our Server Administration.

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:15 pm »
Will there be any veto power? I believe that the populist choices may not necessarily be the best; some people seem to be blinded by rage...

Yes, no 51st should get it (or ex-51st).
Why's that?

Far too biased, Vincenzo obviously liked you a lot to reserve your regiment even though he knew how much turbulence it was causing. You are by de-facto enemies of the community rather than standing for it, and that is the truth of the matter. You would vote against things out of loyalty to Del boy Trotter (Vincenzo).

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline hypern

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:46 pm »
Username: Hypern
Steamname: https://steamcommunity.com/id/hypern/
Why do I believe that I can speak for the community?

My involvement in communities has been wide and gone on for years. I believe that with my previous work in the past 3 years in this community, I have significant experience to communicate, manage, and coordinate the community on a professional level.

- I started out in 2010, in the HM. I ended up becoming a community manager. This involved ironing out disagreements between regiments, community members, Significant leaders, helping with events and external public relations.
I was also heavily involved in aiding The first EC, which was a break off from the HM which  in community building, Helping in event organization, teaching them how to strengthen, grow and develop their regiments.

-I moved from the HM to aid a new community 'Tactical Carnage' in mid 2011, where I helped their Mount & Musket community develop as it was transferring to Napoleonic Wars; where I was a public speaker for the regiments in the community. I Provided fledgling regiments a home in Tactical Carnage, where I was also able to provide these regiments with experienced players to aid, and train in the building of their regiments.

I'm already well known for aiding, and offering help to communities and regiments.

Communities
Pyrots gaming
Darkstar Gaming
Scottish army
PBI community
A new hope gaming
Regimental Gaming
KRB
1st EC
CWD
TC
HM
[close]

Regiments
4e
2nd CS
1st Yorks
58th RUT
1ST CI
2nd CS
Asian P's regiment
29th
13th
90th
3rd regiment of foot
1st MD
3rd Royal
10TH BI
36TH
3rdCS
21st Brit
48th advisor
51st
Marines de linge
00th
Marins
8th
9e
1st BE
K1
1st SD
[close]

As I am not a member of any kind of regiment or community, I therfore do not have a Regimental Agenda. I act on what I believe is best for the community entirely and do not keep the interests of a single regiment at heart as I fear will happen with a lot of other people that came forward.
This I believe to be essential to be appointed to a community representative as you are supposed to represent the entire community without benefiting any party or handicap and ignore the rest of the community who needs me the most.

Therefore why do I believe that I should speak for the community?
My overall goal, is for this great game to last as long as possible. The way to do this was to develop and maintain, in ways I can and have done, a strong community. A community I then came to love.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:32:10 am by hypern »

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:39 pm »
I hate to burst the bubble, but for any kind of admin application, it needs to be a lot more comprehensive making people actually think about what they're applying for and whether or not they have the time needed to contribute. Allowing a community vote for admins will not end well.

I agree with this, how will the community voting work? Keeping the "Champions of Europe" dilemma in mind.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:54 pm »
 Why the bleeding hell not...

Username: Audiate
Steam name: McMack Audiate
Why do you think you can speak for the community? I hold no personal grudges as this community has taught me that it leads to no success or gain. I also find this position to be much better suiting for me than administrating in-game, as decisions that tend to require more in-depth thought is my forte. EDIT (for elaboration): I've been a part of this community for a little while now, and for quite some time, have been involved in improving the community in the ways of their personal interests (for the better, and not the worse), and this position would be the perfect opportunity to express my devotion to the community in the respect of moving it forward, not letting it stop its improvement, and--Buddha forbid if it ever begins to--stopping it from moving backwards.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:54:05 pm by Sir Audiate »

Offline Skittles

• Sergeant Major
  • Protector of Virginity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »
Popularity contest imo.  Whoever has the most friends will win the vote.  Won't really work i think :/

Offline Harbinger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 10:47:10 pm »
Will there be any veto power? I believe that the populist choices may not necessarily be the best; some people seem to be blinded by rage...

Yes, no 51st should get it (or ex-51st).
Why's that?

Far too biased, Vincenzo obviously liked you a lot to reserve your regiment even though he knew how much turbulence it was causing. You are by de-facto enemies of the community rather than standing for it, and that is the truth of the matter. You would vote against things out of loyalty to Del boy Trotter (Vincenzo).
The 51st never asked for their name to be locked, it was done by the devs to cease the shit that was stirring around the name. We hold no particular loyalty to Vincenzo, we don't even speak very often. Please, stop making ignorant statements about something you know nothing about.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 10:47:44 pm »
Username: Jacob

Steamname: 5Brg_Jacob

Why do you think you can speak for the community? Well, I have been a member of the community for a heck of a long time now, Seen it go from a small little mod to a paid DLC which became a springboard for a new game, I know a lot of the people in the community and what their views are in terms on what should be done about certain things, and if they are rational, irrational, harsh, strict, soft or rude. I think I should be considered for the role because of a few very simple reasons, the first of these reasons is that I am not one to lash out, I think you would be hard pressed to find many arguments where I come out insults blazing, I like to approach every situation with a level head, looking at both sides of the argument and deciding for myself what is best for the grand scheme of things. Of course I am not perfect so you can probably find instances of me losing it sometimes, but obviously, nobody is perfect. The second reason is because I believe that I can reach out to many different groups of the community to get their views on any serious situation before making a post about it. I feel that I should always take a few opinions of different people and weigh them up, taking the best of them and trying to work out a solution that works for all of the people involved. The third and final reason that I feel I should be considered is because I have done this sort of thing before, in smaller communities of course with a lot less arguing, mainly stuff like  multi server minecraft networks that needed people to go to the owners telling them if particular servers had issues, or if the community wanted something added to a server like a plugin, so I have experience in this sort of thing and i hope you take me into consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Yours Sincerely: Jacob

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 10:48:49 pm »
Popularity contest imo.  Whoever has the most friends will win the vote.  Won't really work i think :/

My epeen is this big
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:06 pm »
My peen is this big
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Corrected. :-*

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:23 pm »
EDIT: Withdrawn.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:45:33 pm by Windbusche »