Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Campaign - Sign-up/Rules thread [Complete]  (Read 15113 times)

Offline AggofanCZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • 56e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne CZ/SK
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars Campaign - Sign-up/Rules thread [STARTS 04/06/18]
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 06:37:12 pm »
I think that rule 6.4.
6.4 - In a 3 server battle the victor of the centre (1 server as centre, 2 as flanks) always wins the battle outright, therefore their is a limit of how many troops can be deployed to the centre - 30 per team.

Should be a bit modified. There could be some advantages when one side wins the center, for example, they will know placement of enemy soldiers on flanks and could choose to which flank join, or split and join both. But outright win of whole battle, if only center wins is a bit OP a think.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 06:56:13 pm »
I think that rule 6.4.
6.4 - In a 3 server battle the victor of the centre (1 server as centre, 2 as flanks) always wins the battle outright, therefore their is a limit of how many troops can be deployed to the centre - 30 per team.

Should be a bit modified. There could be some advantages when one side wins the center, for example, they will know placement of enemy soldiers on flanks and could choose to which flank join, or split and join both. But outright win of whole battle, if only center wins is a bit OP a think.

Yeah you've got a point - perhaps we could leave this rule open until we have a match that needs 3 servers and the discuss amongst the participants over what we should try out?

Offline Diamond63

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diamond63
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2018, 12:54:36 am »
CO Name: 32nd_Chsn_Diamond63
CO Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Diamond63/
Regiment: 32nd Regiment of Foot
Class: Infantry (Line and Light/Skirms)
Number of Companies: 5-6
Faction: United Kingdom

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2018, 11:07:54 am »
CO Name: 32nd_Chsn_Diamond63
CO Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Diamond63/
Regiment: 32nd Regiment of Foot
Class: Infantry (Line and Light/Skirms)
Number of Companies: 5-6
Faction: United Kingdom

Accepted - added to the Allied I Corps!

I can still accept sign-ups as long as they don't imbalance the current starting positions and it's before Sunday.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2018, 04:25:01 pm »
*Victory Conditions added*

8.1 - Victory when the Campaign comes to a close will be based on Territory ownership, some territories being worth more points than others:
  -  Basic Territory (1 points)
  -  Garrison Territory (2 points)
  -  Fort Territory (3 points)
  -  Home Territory (5 points)

8.2 - The Campaign can come to a close upon an agreed point by the participants, but we estimate it lasting around 3 months (roughly 12 turns).

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »
8.2 - The Campaign can come to a close upon an agreed point by the participants, but we estimate it lasting around 3 months (roughly 12 turns).

We'll be marching in Lisbon by then! :P

Joking, good luck everyone!

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2018, 11:15:50 pm »
Updated some sign-ups; numbers now stand at 122 for the Allies and 127 for the French!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:44:17 pm by 33rdKincaid »

Offline King_George

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: king_george
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars Campaign - Sign-up/Rules thread [IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 10:37:57 pm »
Just a few skins to make the Spanish a bit more hyped ;)

-Spanish skirmishers
-Spanish hussars
-Spanish Bourbon line infantry

Spoiler

[close]

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2018, 10:51:35 am »

-Spanish skirmishers
-Spanish hussars

Spoiler

[close]

Beautiful!! - bet the Spanish divisions can't wait to start using them this week :D

Offline Kostis21

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th_Lights_Lieut_Kostis21
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2018, 10:17:24 pm »
Hello, first of all i have to say i really like the idea and the way that it is implemented is amazing and appreciate the work you have put into it Kincaid.

Im playing as a french artillery with the 1st Corps and i noticed some issues on the defender's side on the Badajoz map. Specifically the cannons that overlooked the flanks on both sides from the wall's stars have their ammo box bugged meaning you'd have to pick ammo from another cannon and bring it there to load it. Secondly all the already placed cannons have a limited vertical range. The shots are not going through the wall of course and that means that you cant shoot anything above ~45 degrees. That made impossible to shoot people at the start of the breaches or advancing near the wall. The only option was to lob shots before they get close to the entry points. Overall though the map design is pretty awesome but with that situation playing as arty was really difficult.

Kostis

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2018, 04:04:38 pm »
Hello, first of all i have to say i really like the idea and the way that it is implemented is amazing and appreciate the work you have put into it Kincaid.

Im playing as a french artillery with the 1st Corps and i noticed some issues on the defender's side on the Badajoz map. Specifically the cannons that overlooked the flanks on both sides from the wall's stars have their ammo box bugged meaning you'd have to pick ammo from another cannon and bring it there to load it. Secondly all the already placed cannons have a limited vertical range. The shots are not going through the wall of course and that means that you cant shoot anything above ~45 degrees. That made impossible to shoot people at the start of the breaches or advancing near the wall. The only option was to lob shots before they get close to the entry points. Overall though the map design is pretty awesome but with that situation playing as arty was really difficult.

Kostis

Thanks for the feedback mate, it is one of the issues with the fort guns that they have limited elevation and arc - we could potentially opt for swivels in the future for these battles if people would prefer? After all this whole first campaign is in a way a form of 'test' so we can refine future versions.

Please do keep the feedback coming and thank you for mixing in the positive as well which I really appreciate! :)

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2018, 04:21:21 pm »
Spoiler

Kostis

Thanks for the feedback mate, it is one of the issues with the fort guns that they have limited elevation and arc - we could potentially opt for swivels in the future for these battles if people would prefer? After all this whole first campaign is in a way a form of 'test' so we can refine future versions.

Please do keep the feedback coming and thank you for mixing in the positive as well which I really appreciate! :)
[close]

Hmm dont forget about the fact that attackers wont have artillery at all. I think we need to look for the disadvantages beeing not to heavy tbh

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2018, 05:36:23 pm »
Spoiler

Kostis

[close]

Hmm dont forget about the fact that attackers wont have artillery at all. I think we need to look for the disadvantages beeing not to heavy tbh

That is a valid point, but then again our thinking was that was fairly balanced anyways since if you have arty in a territory you get to play on a map with a breach + instead of having the puny bot squads that arty usually get they get to spawn in as Line. It is tricky to say what is fair and balanced, maybe when the campaign is over we'll get some polls going on all the major issues before we start the next one.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:26 am »
Rule amendment up for discussion...

7.1 - Casualties in engagements are determined by entire 'battle groups' (battalions/squadrons/batteries) so individual companies can not be considered casualties; If half of a battle groups' companies have lost all their men then that group is considered a casualty and will respawn a turn later (they will take a week out of play) at a friendly fort of their choice.

As there were a significant amount of casualties were sustained by both sides on turn 2 these will all be spawning by turn 4 (so next week), please could all attendees who have an opinion on the matter please respond as to whether they approve of the following additional rule:

7.2 - Respawning troops may restart on the campaign map with existing troops from their division (assuming any are present), providing the territory those troops are in is connected to a friendly fort by friendly territories (not cut-off). If this is not possible then respawns must pick a fort to restart in as normal.

I hope this will allow play to continue more smoothly and also add an element of authenticity; divisions that have suffered casualties will need to maintain 'lines of supply & communication' if they wish to replenish as quickly as possible. Thoughts??

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 12:13:32 pm »

-Spanish skirmishers
-Spanish hussars

Spoiler

[close]

That hussar skin looks lovely