Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 5 | Finals  (Read 49338 times)

Offline Ipoa

• First Lieutenant
  • Wenn die guten nicht Fechten, siegen die Schlechte
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Oberst_Ipoa
  • Side: Union
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Starting 28th February!
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2022, 11:07:34 am »
Match week: 1
Participants: Team 9 vs Gardekorps
Date/Time: I haven't gotten an answer from wolffe yet, I asked him on Saturday, but..... yeah. We want to play on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 8 p.m. German time. IF yes, do we have admins for it?
Referee #1:
Referee #2:
Referee #3:

Sorry to post here, maybe wrong place for this but it's late to organize things, I wanted to start early and I've messaged all my opponents but it's hard to get answers these days.
Also organizing a game a week in the future doesn't seem possible.
I'm a bit disappointed with how things are going, hope it gets better in the end. I didn't want the whole NWBC to be delayed, but maybe that's just me.
If no one has a problem with postponing the NWBC for a week, then I haven't written anything and you can delete this post from me, thanks.
gezeichnet:

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2022, 12:04:17 pm »
I think a week might be needed tbh, getting the matches monday takes 1-2 days of the start that games could be played (no offence im just beeing pragmatic) also having a real life, many of the regiments also host weekly events, a good 4-5 regiments of the tournament, have people in active warzones, lets give some understanding and dont expect to organise matches 1 month ahead ipoa.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2022, 12:09:39 pm »
Wolffe is on holiday. Please communicate with myself.

Steam Link Here

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2022, 12:26:50 pm »
Bottom line is all teams need to have at the very least 2-3 days for which they are happy to compromise on, otherwise as has been alluded to we'll end up falling behind. Everyone does however have the huge benefit of being able to organise any of their group-stage matches in any order, so if your current/next match week is proving difficult then move on to the next.

Also apologies for the delay; steam chat invites and servers WILL be made available to tonight - I promise!!

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2022, 02:13:04 pm »
I think a week might be needed tbh, getting the matches monday takes 1-2 days of the start that games could be played (no offence im just beeing pragmatic) also having a real life, many of the regiments also host weekly events, a good 4-5 regiments of the tournament, have people in active warzones, lets give some understanding and dont expect to organise matches 1 month ahead ipoa.
I would just say add a week onto the end of the group stage time to allow for this week. But I don't see why Ipoa shouldn't be able to schedule matches in advance. Its a very reasonable expectation especially for a league like this where a lot of matches will be 4v4.

I do want to reitterate, I don't know why everyone waited days for Kincaid to post the match weeks. Its a group stage and if you would have just messaged Kincaid like I did, he would have told you he doesn't really care what order you do them in, as long as they are done.

and also, how are we in 2022 and regiments still don't understand that a competitive tournament should be more important than a linebattle thats hosted every week anyway...Just go the week after (Not so much aimed at you Art, ik you host the events you mean).
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2022, 02:20:32 pm »
Try not to sweat it guys, if in a few weeks time you find you are struggling just drop me a message - will see if I can help in any way x

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2022, 02:45:44 pm »
I would just say add a week onto the end of the group stage time to allow for this week. But I don't see why Ipoa shouldn't be able to schedule matches in advance. Its a very reasonable expectation especially for a league like this where a lot of matches will be 4v4.

I do want to reitterate, I don't know why everyone waited days for Kincaid to post the match weeks. Its a group stage and if you would have just messaged Kincaid like I did, he would have told you he doesn't really care what order you do them in, as long as they are done.

and also, how are we in 2022 and regiments still don't understand that a competitive tournament should be more important than a linebattle thats hosted every week anyway...Just go the week after (Not so much aimed at you Art, ik you host the events you mean).
how are we in 2022 and you cant understand that this is the least competitive tournament that exists. Asside that, when you trying to scedule a match and you got for example: 78th hosting tuesday and saturday, 16th hosting friday and 19th hosting saturday and sunday (16th brings 50 each sunday to the same event) these days probably get thrown away cause said casual regiments care more for their hosted events. Ofc compromises need to be made and thats what im doing, in fact i didnt complain about that, there are more important reasons though that arent in our hand, but i guess you live under a rock. (about ipoa, i was beeing sarcastic cause he tried to scedule with us 1 month early, sorry that we dont know our real life avaliabilities till then, the date is not bad for the match it should suit us, but we would have to check again 1 week prior)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2022, 02:47:01 pm »
John Price logged into the forums just to get ratio'd. Would never be me.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2022, 04:00:15 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
how are we in 2022 and you cant understand that this is the least competitive tournament that exists. Asside that, when you trying to scedule a match and you got for example: 78th hosting tuesday and saturday, 16th hosting friday and 19th hosting saturday and sunday (16th brings 50 each sunday to the same event) these days probably get thrown away cause said casual regiments care more for their hosted events. Ofc compromises need to be made and thats what im doing, in fact i didnt complain about that, there are more important reasons though that arent in our hand, but i guess you live under a rock. (about ipoa, i was beeing sarcastic cause he tried to scedule with us 1 month early, sorry that we dont know our real life avaliabilities till then, the date is not bad for the match it should suit us, but we would have to check again 1 week prior)
So you have chosen to interpret what I actually said, as something differen't and then you write this bullshit?

I literally said the point about match scheduling, was NOT AIMED AT YOU. I was talking more about regiments like the 25pp that only have 1-2 days to play NWBC despite hosting nothing. Even if it is the least competitive tournament, thats still what it is. If you don't put at least some priority on these matches they will never get done.

"in fact i didnt complain about that, there are more important reasons though that arent in our hand, but i guess you live under a rock." Are you talking about whats happening in Ukraine? I sincerely hope not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 04:07:06 pm by John Price »

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2022, 04:58:46 pm »
Yeah i missinterpreted it, thats on me. Reading it again shouldnt have been as hostile.

Just wanted to show that we are a bit stressed out with the hole situation and the many responcibilities and issues of everyone in generall. An extra week before brackets might be needed.

THe point about not sceduling a month ahead stands though (and ofc that wasnt targeted towards you)

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2022, 05:05:28 pm »
Yeah i missinterpreted it, thats on me. Reading it again shouldnt have been as hostile.

Just wanted to show that we are a bit stressed out with the hole situation and the many responcibilities and issues of everyone in generall. An extra week before brackets might be needed.

THe point about not sceduling a month ahead stands though (and ofc that wasnt targeted towards you)
Hahaha no worries its no threat. Was just a little aggressive and left me a bit baffled xD

We are agreed either way.

EDIT: Spelling REE phone!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 05:08:15 pm by John Price »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2022, 10:04:34 pm »
Match week: 5 (We agreed to do it next week before brackets released)
Participants: Team BLOCK vs Kebab in EU
Date/Time: Sunday 13/03 7pm UK
Referee #1: TBA
Referee #2: TBA
Referee #3: TBA

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2022, 12:03:33 pm »
I've now setup all 3 servers (checking those damage reduction scripts aren't on there before anyone asks!!) ;D

Admin is white-listed so if you don't have admin and you need it (I think I got all the refs but am definitely missing some reg leaders) please message me with your ID. Refs and Reg leaders please review the rules so you are familiar with them, any questions please air them now or PM me. Steam chat invites have also gone out so if I missed anyone let me know!

I've added some strings so the customs are more easily found - as the first post states customs 1-16 are variations on large maps (600x600) whilst 17-20 are smaller (400x400).

Now that we are starting I have highlighted on the main post any rules which differ from last season, see below:

Spoiler
1.1 This tournament will not be using GUID's, we do however reserve the right to disqualify the offending coalition if double regging is discovered. Periodic checks of the logs will be made to look for duplicate ID's joining matches, any found will be investigated. Likewise if any participants suspect another team they may contact the host for clarification. Inviting from other regiments which are also participating in the tournament will not be tolerated and may result in an auto-win for the opposing team. This change in rule has been introduced for a number of reasons but primarily to make this tournament less work for every regiment participating, do not abuse this freedom.

1.2  Minimum attendance to matches is 50 players, should one team bring less, the opposition may still field at least 50. If teams bring greater than 50 players, the maximum one team can outnumber the other is dependant on the number of players the smallest team has:
-  50-59 (+1)  (max specials 10)
-  60-69 (+2)  (max specials raised to 12)
-  70+   (+3)  (max specials raised to 14)
[close]

Again goodluck everyone!

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2022, 12:23:54 pm »
Participants: IVe Corps Vs Slavic Legions
Date/Time: 02 / 03 at 19:15 GMT ( 20h15 french time)
Referee #1: needed
Referee #2: needed
Referee #3: needed

Match week: 5 (We agreed to do it next week before brackets released)
Participants: Team BLOCK vs Kebab in EU
Date/Time: Sunday 13/03 7pm UK
Referee #1: TBA
Referee #2: TBA
Referee #3: TBA

Recap of currently arranged matches.

Offline Powerfighter2

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Forum des 2 Leibregiments
  • Nick: Powerfighter2
« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2022, 01:22:50 pm »
Participants: IVe Corps Vs Slavic Legions
Date/Time: 02 / 03 at 8:15 GMT ( 20h15 french time)
Referee #1: needed
Referee #2: needed
Referee #3: needed

I will reff this first Match, but I hope that it will be not like last season where I had to reff almost all Matches with just a few other guys. I hope that more people will reff Matches this season.

Give reffing a try Guys ;D