Author Topic: ♜ Minisiege & EU_Commander  (Read 155851 times)

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♜ Minisiege
« Reply #525 on: October 04, 2015, 07:51:19 pm »
So today, I made the fatal decision to play as an arty ranker on the Minisiege server, only to get my cannon stolen by fellow teammates and to be trolled by a guy with the name of "Adolf Hitleru" for a couple of rounds, while seemingly no admin was online (I wish that was in fact the case). I then scroll the game down for a couple of minutes and open it again, then I type "Heil Hitler" (a comment mainly intended as a pun directed towards the troll with the corresponding name), only to find that an admin suddenly appeared out of nowhere and he decides to ban me for this little joke of mine (no explanation or warning was ever given to me).

When I come back to the server one hour later it appears to be a temporary ban, which may still seem too harsh for most people for a simple joke, but I could ignore this episode. What I can't ignore, however, is the particular admin(s) impudence and inability to maintain justice on the server, as clearly demonstrated by this admin when I decided to come back to the server to try and clear things up - explaining why you decided to ban a person is the least a mature admin can do to show respect for players. I then decide to inform on the public chat that I've been banned for saying "Heil Hitler", while a teamhitting arty troll under the name of "Adolf Hitler" was left completely unpunished, amongst other trolls - which again, I could live with, but it was insulting there and then that I haven't received any explanation for my ban. Then the admin "UK Dan" proceeds to call me an idiot and state that the ban was because of my name, which was "Progressive_Antifaggot". My answer was "My name is clearly worse than Adolf Hitler indeed". Shortly, an admin with the name "1stEB_Mts_Elric_Ackbar" which have kept quiet until then, proceeds to give me a permanent ban, again without an explanation or warning, in the very same manner as in the previous time.

You could argue whether I deserve my permanent ban for having the name "Progressive_Antifaggot" and whether "Adolf Hitleru" and teamhitting arty trolls don't, but you can't argue about whether the particular admins of your server have acted immaturely and shown themselves as incompetent. You cannot argue that on other servers my "extremely offensive" rather oxymoronic pun name have never been an issue, and that I haven't received a single warning, explanation or a request by an admin on your uniquely selectively-sensitive server to change my name if it really offends him to the point that he decides to give me a permanent ban. I am not going to degrade my dignity by writing an "apology" to an admin that have acted in such a manner and demonstrated his impudence against me.

Spoiler
[close]

Following this episode, I was informed by one of the players who witnessed the whole thing that presumably the same admin "1stEB_Mts_Elric_Ackbar" have stated that "It's his right to be anti-gay, and it's our right to ban him from this server". This player also said that he also banned a couple of other people for teamhitting just after he decided to temporarily ban me, and even the admin of the Battle RP server who heard this was shocked and asked on what server this is going on.

If your choice after reading this post is to try and administrate the server in a fair manner rather than resorting to what basically is to let your admins act like bitchy 12-year-olds who just got a banhammer, you would deserve respect from players. If your choice is to defend Elric Ackbar's abuse of adminship and lack of competency rather than attempting to be accommodating and wish to clear things up, then so be it and I sincerely wish for your server to die and rot in hell along with the shitty community these sort of actions would lead to.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:56:12 pm by Danik »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2015, 08:36:34 pm »
So today, I made the fatal decision to play as an arty ranker on the Minisiege server, only to get my cannon stolen by fellow teammates and to be trolled by a guy with the name of "Adolf Hitleru" for a couple of rounds, while seemingly no admin was online (I wish that was in fact the case). I then scroll the game down for a couple of minutes and open it again, then I type "Heil Hitler" (a comment mainly intended as a pun directed towards the troll with the corresponding name), only to find that an admin suddenly appeared out of nowhere and he decides to ban me for this little joke of mine (no explanation or warning was ever given to me).

When I come back to the server one hour later it appears to be a temporary ban, which may still seem too harsh for most people for a simple joke, but I could ignore this episode. What I can't ignore, however, is the particular admin(s) impudence and inability to maintain justice on the server, as clearly demonstrated by this admin when I decided to come back to the server to try and clear things up - explaining why you decided to ban a person is the least a mature admin can do to show respect for players. I then decide to inform on the public chat that I've been banned for saying "Heil Hitler", while a teamhitting arty troll under the name of "Adolf Hitler" was left completely unpunished, amongst other trolls - which again, I could live with, but it was insulting there and then that I haven't received any explanation for my ban. Then the admin "UK Dan" proceeds to call me an idiot and state that the ban was because of my name, which was "Progressive_Antifaggot". My answer was "My name is clearly worse than Adolf Hitler indeed". Shortly, an admin with the name "1stEB_Mts_Elric_Ackbar" which have kept quiet until then, proceeds to give me a permanent ban, again without an explanation or warning, in the very same manner as in the previous time.

You could argue whether I deserve my permanent ban for having the name "Progressive_Antifaggot" and whether "Adolf Hitleru" and teamhitting arty trolls don't, but you can't argue about whether the particular admins of your server have acted immaturely and shown themselves as incompetent. You cannot argue that on other servers my "extremely offensive" rather oxymoronic pun name have never been an issue, and that I haven't received a single warning, explanation or a request by an admin on your uniquely selectively-sensitive server to change my name if it really offends him to the point that he decides to give me a permanent ban. I am not going to degrade my dignity by writing an "apology" to an admin that have acted in such a manner and demonstrated his impudence against me.

Spoiler
[close]

Following this episode, I was informed by one of the players who witnessed the whole thing that presumably the same admin "1stEB_Mts_Elric_Ackbar" have stated that "It's his right to be anti-gay, and it's our right to ban him from this server". This player also said that he also banned a couple of other people for teamhitting just after he decided to temporarily ban me, and even the admin of the Battle RP server who heard this was shocked and asked on what server this is going on.

If your choice after reading this post is to try and administrate the server in a fair manner rather than resorting to what basically is to let your admins act like bitchy 12-year-olds who just got a banhammer, you would deserve respect from players. If your choice is to defend Elric Ackbar's abuse of adminship and lack of competency rather than attempting to be accommodating and wish to clear things up, then so be it and I sincerely wish for your server to die and rot in hell along with the shitty community these sort of actions would lead to.
I haven't checked the logs, but I don't see how it's mature to write "Heil Hitler" in the chat instead of kindly pointing out that a player is called Hitler. We have plenty of Hitlers on the banlist. I also don't see what is mature in being called "progressive antifaggot", neither can I understand why you would need a warning. Are you too stupid or too young to understand that such behaviour is against the rules?

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #527 on: October 04, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »
After reading some of your comments I have noticed that you're stating that your server doesn't tolerate any reference to Nazi Germany. Right, only with a small, insignificant exception - your decision to arrange a Gestapo-style-run server Heinrich Himmler only could dream off with a "political correct"-or-whatever-you-want-it-to-be twist where players are supposed to be in fear of being temporarily banned, simply because of the pathetic fact that their name of choice might fall in distaste by some selectively-sensitive admins (you don't see why the players need to be given warnings as you say).

Why do I have to kindly point out that his name is Hitler? It doesn't even matter that much to me what name this player has, what really matters to me and would do to most normal, adequate admins is that he was arty trolling and teamhitting. What really is the case on your server however is that the admins don't care when players are opening gates and teamhitting other players, but a name which may fall in a particular admin's distaste will get him permanently banned without a warning. Well guess what, it doesn't even matter whether you want to question the maturity of my username or if you don't like it, or my intellectual level or my age, because I'm not applying to be an admin on your server, what should matter to you as an admin who consider himself mature and fair is whether a player have committed an offense against server rules or not, and whether your punishment against players are fair.

I have read that a player who named himself "12_Years_a_Slavetrader" have been perm-banned from server simply for his name because it "offended" one particular admin. This guy haven't had an issue with his name after 1600 hours because everyone took it as a joke until he was banned on your server, and you called this name on borderline because it might seem as mocking of slavery which happened in the 1860's America. He surely had the authority to ban people given by you, but even if you wish so, the simple fact that an admin dislike a certain name doesn't give him the moral justification of banning that person without a warning or explanation. Do you know what I think? That you and your admins are just enjoying being trigger-happy power abusers, well then have fun being gods on your little server if that really is your wish.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:54:40 pm by Danik »

Offline To_be_determined

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 68th_Rifles_Chn_USUX
« Reply #528 on: October 04, 2015, 10:11:45 pm »

Sni sna snappy, snappy snappy snip

Only the banned can know peace from this fea... fun.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #529 on: October 04, 2015, 10:14:28 pm »
When I finished reading your answer I had forgotten the beginning, and was therefore unable to understand the conclusion.

Offline Serraseen

• Sergeant
  • Bronies for the Denunciation of Online Bigotry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Horsie_Goes_Clip-Clop
  • Side: Union
« Reply #530 on: October 05, 2015, 01:11:29 am »
Ban Request

Reason: Racism / Homophobia
Name: Allahu_Akbar
Time and Date: 23:12 04/10 UK
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
The Bronies for the Denunciation of Online Bigotry ("B-dob") was created to combat the racism, sexism, and homophobia that permeates the M&B: Napoleonic Wars community.

Unless bigotry is called out, and the bigots shamed, their beliefs become normalized (see Reddit & 4chan for examples of this) and the minds of the playerbase are warped and the more naive players are drawn into their perverse ideology. We provide this alternative voice.

We will not be bullied. We will not be silenced.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 05, 2015, 06:41:12 am »
When I finished reading your answer I had forgotten the beginning, and was therefore unable to understand the conclusion.

^ This....
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #532 on: October 05, 2015, 01:39:10 pm »
Ban Request

Reason: Name Stealing / Bullying / Harassment
Name: Horsie_Goes_Clip-Clop
Time and Date: 17:37 03/10 UK
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

After the server wouldn't let me join (because someone was using my name) I joined as "Doris_Day_As_Calamity_Jane" so you can check my ID number against that. I was on yesterday with my normal name.

I think my ID is: 372861

I posted about a month ago about someone using my name but I got no reply. I don't know if it's the same person but they are clearly using my name to troll with.

Previous post: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg1138227#msg1138227
3 fake Horsie banned.

Offline QuBeZ

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired oldfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 05, 2015, 05:16:57 pm »
Spoiler
Ban request

Name: _Andrey_

Date: Around 16:00 GMT +1, today

Reason: Breaking friendly defences

Evidence: https://i.imgur.com/a/873Jt
[close]

Banned. Thank you for the request.

Spoiler
BAN REQUEST
1. Name or player ID:1248698 Rollfizzel
2. Date of ban 10/2/2015
3. Explain your crime: I said three negative words about Islam I think
4. Start your apology; Im sorry to all the muslim on this server if I offended anybody. That's only thing I can say I did not do anything els.
pls unban me or tell me something
[close]

I believe this is meant to be an "unban request" not an "ban request". Please edit your post or reply with a new one and add more to your apology.

Spoiler
Ban Request

Reason: Racism / Homophobia
Name: Allahu_Akbar
Time and Date: 23:12 04/10 UK
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Banned. Thank you for the request.

Offline Serraseen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:26 am »
Ban Request

Reason: Homophobia / Harassment
Name: Horsie_a_gay_bastard / Horsie_F*****
Time and Date: 23:30 07/10 UK
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]

Every time I told one of the admin in chat they would just disconnect and then come back a few minutes later. After the name stealing incident it's pretty clear there is a person (or persons) out to get me. I have deleted all information that could possibly reveal my irl identity, but giving up the Horsie_Goes_Clip-Clop name is a step I refuse to take. We must not give in to the bigots. I will keep you posted.
The Bronies for the Denunciation of Online Bigotry ("B-dob") was created to combat the racism, sexism, and homophobia that permeates the M&B: Napoleonic Wars community.

Unless bigotry is called out, and the bigots shamed, their beliefs become normalized (see Reddit & 4chan for examples of this) and the minds of the playerbase are warped and the more naive players are drawn into their perverse ideology. We provide this alternative voice.

Offline Pahadron

• Private
  • Lieutenant of the 1stEB, minisiege admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 08, 2015, 11:26:12 am »
I have read that a player who named himself "12_Years_a_Slavetrader" have been perm-banned from server simply for his name because it "offended" one particular admin. This guy haven't had an issue with his name after 1600 hours because everyone took it as a joke until he was banned on your server, and you called this name on borderline because it might seem as mocking of slavery which happened in the 1860's America. He surely had the authority to ban people given by you, but even if you wish so, the simple fact that an admin dislike a certain name doesn't give him the moral justification of banning that person without a warning or explanation. Do you know what I think? That you and your admins are just enjoying being trigger-happy power abusers, well then have fun being gods on your little server if that really is your wish.

I just had to respond to this part, seeing that I am the admin who banned 12_Years_a_Slavetrader. I think you need to do your homework better before calling me out on that ban. The guy was asked to change his name, kicked.. then when he returned with a name that was aimed to mock the admin... temporarily banned. And then.. when he later returned with the same name.. permanently banned. I think you are incorrect to state he was not be warned.

Anyways.. I agree with you that teamkilling, opening the gate, etc. are grave offenses. We do try to tackle them, but we simply cannot take action without seeing those things happen first. Foremost we admins are also just players who are playing the game and won't see everything. Secondly, as an admin you can't even see everything when you are spectating. So these types of offenses are bound to happen and difficult to control.
With respect to your situation: you should simply have called out in chat that there is someone trolling you at arty. That would have been sufficient, because, as I pointed out above, the admin may not have seen it. Your choice was instead to engage yourself in acts that we do not permit on this server. Which is unwise, because chat especially stands out and is the first to be noticed.

We try to be fair to everyone on the server and treat people with equal standard. Of course there are situations that we miss, and of course there are situations that we only see the tail-end of a situation. As painfully discovered in "Boten Anna" by Basshunter; we are no bots, just humans.

Offline QuBeZ

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired oldfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 08, 2015, 05:26:47 pm »
Spoiler
Ban Request

Reason: Homophobia / Harassment
Name: Horsie_a_gay_bastard / Horsie_F*****
Time and Date: 23:30 07/10 UK
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]

Every time I told one of the admin in chat they would just disconnect and then come back a few minutes later. After the name stealing incident it's pretty clear there is a person (or persons) out to get me. I have deleted all information that could possibly reveal my irl identity, but giving up the Horsie_Goes_Clip-Clop name is a step I refuse to take. We must not give in to the bigots. I will keep you posted.
[close]
Banned before request.

Offline Serraseen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 10, 2015, 07:36:23 pm »
Ban Request

Reason: Name Stealing / Harassment / Racism
Name: Pony_Goes_Clip-Clop
Time and Date: 18:15 10/10 UK
Proof:

See: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg1168785#msg1168785
And: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg1165334#msg1165334

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Ban Request

Reason: Homophobia / Racism
Name: Detlef_Bratwurst
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Ban Request

Reason: Homophobia
Name: Rotton_Kebab
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Ban Request

Reason: Homophobia
Name: MDMAx3_from_SILKROAD
Proof:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #538 on: October 11, 2015, 12:19:45 am »
Is name stealing really a valid reason? Pony Goes Clip clop is different from yours. Its not like you are part of an organized group that people may mistake him for being part of.

Offline shrektheheetlrh8er

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 51stOH_Pvt_Shrek
Unban request for ShrekTheHitlerH8er(Steam) (0:0:86694909)
« Reply #539 on: October 11, 2015, 05:43:20 am »
1. Name or player ID: 51stOH_Pvt_ShrekTheHeetlerH8er(Currently 5stOH_Pvt_Shrek) (Steam ID: 0:0:86694909)
2. Date of ban: 10/10/15
3. Explain your crime: Unknown, possibly my name, but I had no previous warnings, the ban caught me by surprise.
4. Start your apology I'm sorry to the lone admin who banned me if I offended him in any far-off way. I'm sorry if I was being offensive or annoying in any of my actions or words.