Author Topic: pc crash during events  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
pc crash during events
« on: March 16, 2020, 12:40:03 am »
hi

so to quickly explain my situation :
whenever i play nw on "normal servers" (cavgf, gf, tropical paradise), i can play just fine without any issue
but for some reason when it comes to playing on "events servers" (formerly IVe_corps_event, 1stEB or anything else litteraly), my game/pc tends to crash. like when i join the server and stay in spec, there's nothing much to complain about, but when i spawn in, about 5 to 10 seconds after i spawned, my game/pc crash -> a black screen, i can still hear ppl on teamspeak and communicate with them but ultimately i've gotta restart the whole pc cause alt+f4 or ctrl+alt+suppr doesnt work

but the most frustrating thing is, it doesnt happen all the time. some weeks i've got no problem at all, sometimes everything falls apart
i've got a similar issue when i play rocket league (exact same problem -> sometimes when i join a game my game/pc crash with the same black screen and no ctrl+alt+suppr, sometimes it doesnt), but so far thats litteraly the only 2 games where this happens

so if anyone has any idea about why this is happening and how to solve it, i'd be grateful
ty bb
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
Re: pc crash during events
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 10:36:53 am »
You've probs tried this, but do all the basic shit like updating drivers and verifying integrity of game cache. Maybe reinstall the game just to be sure. Change some launch settings maybe?
Could be that your pc is simply overheating? A basic cleaning of your fans might help.
Idk mon ami, seems like a weirdly specific problem.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:42:03 pm »
thing is i've tried to update my drivers, i've bought some new components (new motherboard and new processor) but when i dl'ed the drivers and tried to install them, it simply told me my computer is not capable of installing them ??? + already reinstalled the game when i bought these new components (i messed up a little bit and had to entirely clean my hard drive) + cleaned my fans few days ago aswell =(

feelsbad
im gonna die
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 04:09:50 pm »
COUCOU??????????????

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 04:20:09 pm »
Is your game resolution and refresh rate properly aligned with the specs of your monitor? Try downloading software to track the processes of your graphics card. That can at least tell you how your graphics card is responding to gaming.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 07:12:48 pm »
thing is i've tried to update my drivers, i've bought some new components (new motherboard and new processor) but when i dl'ed the drivers and tried to install them, it simply told me my computer is not capable of installing them ??? + already reinstalled the game when i bought these new components (i messed up a little bit and had to entirely clean my hard drive) + cleaned my fans few days ago aswell =(

feelsbad
im gonna die

post system specs (including psu)
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 09:37:54 pm »
Is your game resolution and refresh rate properly aligned with the specs of your monitor? Try downloading software to track the processes of your graphics card. That can at least tell you how your graphics card is responding to gaming.

how do i find that?
but the weird thing is again, the only games im having issue with are nw and rocket, other "recent" games are just fine (tw warhammer 2, the witcher 3, r6 siege)

for the rest, i only changed 3 pieces a month ago, the processor, the motherboard and the RAM :

_motherboard gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI
_intel core i7 9700k coffee lake
_corsair vengeance LPX 16Gb DDR4 2133MHz (2x8Gb)
_geforce gtx 970
_here's a link for the psu in spoiler below, everythings in french sry about that but cant do anything, got every pieces for my pc (except the recent ones) from this site few years ago
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:41:37 pm by Harford »
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 03:46:23 am »

how do i find that?
but the weird thing is again, the only games im having issue with are nw and rocket, other "recent" games are just fine (tw warhammer 2, the witcher 3, r6 siege)

for the rest, i only changed 3 pieces a month ago, the processor, the motherboard and the RAM :

_motherboard gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI
_intel core i7 9700k coffee lake
_corsair vengeance LPX 16Gb DDR4 2133MHz (2x8Gb)
_geforce gtx 970
_here's a link for the psu in spoiler below, everythings in french sry about that but cant do anything, got every pieces for my pc (except the recent ones) from this site few years ago

Okay, your specs are fine. I re-read these posts and I definitely think it is a driver issue at this point. Your screen going black and not being able to recover but still being able to hear audio is a pretty big indication of some sort of graphical incompatibility.  The newer games you mentioned that ran fine all run on DirectX11 or 12 while Rocket League and Warband both run on DirectX 9 (or 7). Considering that DX9 came out in 2002 and your graphics card came out in 2014 there is a possibility that there are compatibility issues between them when you haven't been able to install the latest drivers.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 05:53:44 am »
Try turning your monitor on
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 02:25:19 pm »
Okay, your specs are fine. I re-read these posts and I definitely think it is a driver issue at this point. Your screen going black and not being able to recover but still being able to hear audio is a pretty big indication of some sort of graphical incompatibility.  The newer games you mentioned that ran fine all run on DirectX11 or 12 while Rocket League and Warband both run on DirectX 9 (or 7). Considering that DX9 came out in 2002 and your graphics card came out in 2014 there is a possibility that there are compatibility issues between them when you haven't been able to install the latest drivers.

i've always updated my gc drivers on time, still atm, but whenever i try to install drives for the motherboard or the processor (both dl'ed on their respective official websites), it simply says "This system doesnt possess the minimal configuration required to install the software" (i translated as best i could)
so what should i do ?

Try turning your monitor on
ill try next time, ill give you the feedbacks!!!  :'( :'( :'(
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 03:20:52 pm »

i've always updated my gc drivers on time, still atm, but whenever i try to install drives for the motherboard or the processor (both dl'ed on their respective official websites), it simply says "This system doesnt possess the minimal configuration required to install the software" (i translated as best i could)
so what should i do ?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

try this

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 05:59:39 pm »
i just did, and it told me "sorry, we've not found any pilot of intel software supported"
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 06:25:08 pm »
Maybe your new processor is just faulty?
See if there is still a warranty on it, and see if you can get a replacement.
:C

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 10:41:41 pm »
quick update : haven't resolved my pb yet, but i found out it was indeed because of directx9. i switched to directx7 and it was just fine, but with few fps drops time to times for some reason
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 01:26:25 pm »
Have you checked your BIOS upon startup to see if all components are even properly recognized in the first place. And/or download speccy or use device manager to check this. I have (had) somewhat similar problems when it comes to drivers but with my graphics card, but BIOS doesn't even really recognize it in the first place for some reason.
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man