Author Topic: New patch, test it before it's out!  (Read 38239 times)

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
Re: New patch, test it before it's out!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2018, 03:30:56 am »
Can you make upstabs faster

Offline Romulus76

• Alpha Tester
  • Minisiege & EU_Commander - Community Manager
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2018, 12:14:29 pm »
I am thankful that pokes will be a lesser problem, it was getting a little ridiculous. Great work on getting another fix out for us - time to test everything will still work on our servers though! Now I also won't hear the cry of "why the limit for rifles admin?", thank god.

Was that weird water glitch that turned it black fixed at all?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:18:59 pm by Gretel »

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2018, 01:25:10 pm »
Add Lancers to UK, it fits the period and it will be hilarious watching the community reactions ;)

Also give KGL 1st Hussar Officers white horses, I swear I am not biased

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »
Make the default starting status for bots "melee charge" not "fire at will"  - would make a big difference to bot games.

So I loaded the patch and tested it on existing server maps - good to see that the prop changes will not necessitate any map rebuilds.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:28:45 pm by Mohawky »

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2018, 02:25:42 pm »
Not sure if there's an NA version of this up, but I'll be putting up one NA side to mess around with for the BBG, I'll just call it BBG_PatchTest, and obviously you'll have to download the folder and run that module to find the server if you want to mess with it.  Message me on steam if you want to test the admin out, if I'm available, I can change the admin pass so you can test.

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2018, 07:41:19 pm »
Add Lancers to UK, it fits the period and it will be hilarious watching the community reactions ;)

As far as I can tell atleast, that regiment never actually used lances in the Napoleonic wars. They were reclassified as lancer after ending their run in the Napoleonic wars, while they themselves didn't hear about this change until 15 years after their fight ended in Europe.

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2018, 09:25:26 pm »
Now, before you make the update official I (including a large number of users in the cavalry community) would like you to add one thing. I think you should go back to the old stats for heavy cavalry, as it is too tanked atm. No one wants to play against heavy cavalry anymore and that's sad because I think it would not have been this way if it wasn't changed in the first place. And really, the only effect it will have is heavy cavalry regiments having problems of entering events such as 1vs1 and line battles. Just my own personal thoughts on it, I am sure there are some that will disagree but I know an awful lot of members in this cavalry community that would like to see a more realistic system.
Proud member of the 8th Hussars. UI/UX design freelancer. I love gaming and coding.

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2018, 10:30:37 pm »
I agree with nytek on this. The hussar vs heavy cavalry matchup drastically changed after the last patch to be in favour of heavy cavalry in a competitive environment. They just have to play together in a defensive formation and from there it's a waiting game, testing the endurance of each hussar players who will instantly die from any mistake capitalised on. This is while they tank most hits hussars are willing to risk attempting, 1 hits requiring difficult positioning that is easy for the heavies to defend each other from and potentially kill the hussar from risk of cav block. Even heavy dismounts are useful as they can very easily kill a hussar horse, tank hits and have a longer sword to make use of, while hussar dismount's are one of the worst positions to be in from a class perspective. Previously both hussars and heavy cavalry could compete together in a very even manner so reverting to the stats from the previous patch would very much be a good thing for the competitive community.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2018, 07:49:22 am »
I agree with nytek on this. The hussar vs heavy cavalry matchup drastically changed after the last patch to be in favour of heavy cavalry in a competitive environment. They just have to play together in a defensive formation and from there it's a waiting game, testing the endurance of each hussar players who will instantly die from any mistake capitalised on. This is while they tank most hits hussars are willing to risk attempting, 1 hits requiring difficult positioning that is easy for the heavies to defend each other from and potentially kill the hussar from risk of cav block. Even heavy dismounts are useful as they can very easily kill a hussar horse, tank hits and have a longer sword to make use of, while hussar dismount's are one of the worst positions to be in from a class perspective. Previously both hussars and heavy cavalry could compete together in a very even manner so reverting to the stats from the previous patch would very much be a good thing for the competitive community.
I don't agree with bold at all.  Hussars were kings for years.  Even when they weren't the best, they were competitive.(i remember the days HC was even scarier)

Anyways, out of all the buffs HC got, there is one i am willing to undo, and that is the horse health.(back to 115 or 120 from 125) I find the other buff, how well they maneuver makes the class a bit more comfortable to play.(med horses got this one as well)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline pete99

• First Sergeant
  • Gang Warily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Drummond
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2018, 08:43:45 am »
I'm not sure if this has been previously mentioned, but I think the royale_ammo props got their names mixed up, so pistol = musket ammo and vis versa....not sure if this has already been fixed.

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2018, 09:04:04 am »
I don't agree with bold at all.  Hussars were kings for years.  Even when they weren't the best, they were competitive.(i remember the days HC was even scarier)

Anyways, out of all the buffs HC got, there is one i am willing to undo, and that is the horse health.(back to 115 or 120 from 125) I find the other buff, how well they maneuver makes the class a bit more comfortable to play.(med horses got this one as well)
Heavy horse to 115 would be a welcome change to me, it would make sure the heavies have to at least attempt to use that great quality of life maneuverability buff they got and make sure the class itself a bit less frustrating to play against.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2018, 09:42:59 am »
Looks like some cool shit; can't wait to try it.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2018, 11:22:18 am »

Disgusting Quinn.. and talking about the lancers, their attack speed with the lance is too much in my opinion, maybe reduce it? :P aswell do something with heavies...

And apart of all of this, are u thinking in introduce any new fac? for example.. Spain ;) would be nice :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:14:33 pm by Lorucas »

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2018, 12:16:02 pm »

I think the only way hussars could be considered kings before was because most people played as them, inflating the number of good hussar players in the community. A top notch hussar player can defeat a heavy cav player any day of the week but when it comes to groupfights it's entirely different. Heavy cavalry playing defensively is a new meta that is difficult to defeat as hussars and easy to utilize as heavies. For me personally I think the change in manouverability is the main factor in why this new meta works out so well for heavy cavalry. Reducing horse health would stop them tanking so much yes, but at least reducing the maneoverability back a little bit could help hussars try to compete against this meta without being forced into a 3 hour battle of endurance that isn't fun for anyone to play against.

AeroNinja

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2018, 12:21:46 pm »
I guess the melee went from alpha state to pre alpha state. Omfg