Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 55683 times)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #495 on: March 13, 2018, 07:40:31 pm »
fuck sakes this is going to get me back in to hs
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #496 on: March 13, 2018, 10:48:42 pm »
If you're curious about anything to do with the next set, here you go.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/4442-all-the-witchwood-expansion-and-card

I don't see it on there, but apparently you'll get a free pack every day you complete a quest leading up to the expansion. The info was datamined, you'll be able to get about 4 Witchwood packs and up to 16! K&C packs, just complete a quest each day. I'd recommend trying to keep 2 quests available each day and only doing your third up until the event so you can complete the easiest quest you have each day to make getting those annoying quests done much easier.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 28, 2018, 08:10:21 pm »
Leaks underway, a couple kinda neat cards, mostly filler crap so far. Just wanted to remind people that from now until the expansion release you get a free pack whenever you complete a quest in addition to the quest's reward. Some are of the new set, the others are of random Year of the Mammoth packs. I recommend not opening any until the event is over, then open the packs in order of their set, to try to maximize the pity counter (open all of one set, then all of another, then all of another, and end with the Witchwood packs and keep opening Witchwood packs at least until you get a legendary from it).

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 28, 2018, 08:29:11 pm »
i think im going to pre order Witchwood, first time i spend anything on hs for like a 1year
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 28, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »
Same, the value is actually pretty good, I'm just waiting to see more cards first.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 13, 2018, 09:17:32 pm »
Didn't get the prepurchase, didn't think the value was worth it enough to justify getting it. And I got rewarded, because one of the only things I cared about getting was Darius Crowley, and I got him for free lol. Plus I got 8000 dust from the HoF rotation, so I can basically craft everything I want. How's the rotation going for you?

Oatmeal

« Reply #501 on: April 13, 2018, 11:17:02 pm »
I like the new mechanic where your battlecrys and spells are cast by the minions that can do it. Might craft a deck like that once the meta sets in

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 13, 2018, 11:21:37 pm »
ngl i didn't pre purchase it either

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 15, 2018, 02:53:56 am »
@Oatmeal Shudderwock? He's pretty fun. There's a seemingly pretty effective OTK deck with Saronite Chaingang + Lifedrinker + Grumble, and I think something else. it's pretty great since it will make you really hard to kill and give you a high probability of winning even if the combo doesn't OTK, which is good because it seems the order of Shudderwock's copies are in a random order every time. I made a variant of it in Wild that uses C'Thun cards and Reno Jackson, it's pretty nutty. I don't think he'll stay popular forever, but he's practically a Yogg, and can literally become a Yogg if you play Yogg before it. So that's fun.

I'm tempted to build this list, I think I'm only 3200 dust off from it, which is fine, since I have 5700+ atm with something like 20 packs to open. I theorycrafted it during spoiler season, I'm sure it's far from perfect but it looks a lot of fun on paper. Over half the deck is draw, removal, and stabilization, and the rest is just ways to burst. Not 100% sure about Thaurissan or Woecleaver or the lack of any Brawls but that's an easy change to make. Don Hon'Cho might be worth adding in just for the combo with Leeroy + Inner Rage + Sudden Genesis.

Spoiler
### patronless
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Inner Rage
# 1x (1) Blood To Ichor
# 2x (1) Whirlwind
# 1x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Execute
# 2x (2) Rampage
# 1x (2) Slam
# 1x (2) Sleep with the Fishes
# 2x (2) Warpath
# 1x (2) Woodcutter's Axe
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Bash
# 1x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Axe Flinger
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 1x (5) Darius Crowley
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Sudden Genesis
# 1x (6) Emperor Thaurissan
# 1x (7) Blackhowl Gunspire
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (8) Woecleaver
# 1x (9) Master Oakheart
#
AAEBAYwWDhazAdICkAOvBP8HsgjWEakVhrACv8MCxsMC/ecCze8CCPwEkQbUCPsM+RG3bOLKAszNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:44:11 am by Audiate »

Oatmeal

« Reply #504 on: April 15, 2018, 03:22:31 am »
Yes that is the card, pretty cool design

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 23, 2018, 04:57:59 am »
I forgot to mention earlier for those who might be interested, but Ben Brode, and Hamilton Chu (possibly others?), are no longer working for Blizzard, and no one really knows why. Brode claims he was leaving to create his own company, but didn't really explain what his goals would be, why he chose to, or what type of games he'd be making, and it's a pretty awkward timing. Blizzard hasn't said anything afaik, just Brode, and up until the 17th-18th he was promoting stuff for Hearthstone on his Twitter. So who knows what's going on lol. Blizzard hasn't announced a new lead game designer yet, but given that Brode apparently had little to do with actual game design at the point of his leaving, this could mean a lot for the team because a potentially influential member of the development team could end up being new lead and doing less actual game design, which could be for the better or worse. Brode was public about his disappointment with Shudderwock + Grumble + Saronite all being in Standard and he considered it way too strong apparently; he said that it needed to change immediately, and "they" said no, it's shipping to Witchwood. So maybe he was boxed out or something, who knows, less people probably care. Hopefully Hearthstone can progress forward in the future, it's at a point of really rapid blossoming in terms of card and game design, so perhaps they'll expand the game further under new leadership.

In other news, I went to a Magic the Gathering: Dominaria prerelease event Friday, my first one actually, and it was fantastic--some of the best fun I've had in a card game to date (pulling 3 cards that cost $40 in total for a $20 event was a big plus), if you've never done it before look into it. This one has come and gone this weekend but there's always future ones. The Dominaria draft is mostly starting next weekend, for those who only played Hearthstone-style games, it's kinda like a group arena draft, here's some info on them: https://magic.wizards.com/en/event-types/draft-weekend
I really encourage trying it, you don't need to be an expert at the game but it definitely helps to learn the basics, and there's plenty of introductions on how to play around the internet (I learned the basics playing Magic Duels, though it's arguably a pretty bad introduction). The reason I'm encouraging it so strongly is that this set is just an AMAZING limited set (aka building a deck exclusively with the packs you have available to you for the event), one that people will be talking about and continuing to do drafts of for years, and it's a great introduction to the game. You can find local places to play through that link.

Oatmeal

« Reply #506 on: April 23, 2018, 07:37:08 am »
didnt really see ben brode leaving, pretty sad he seemed passionate about the game. opened one pack and got prince liam and have been playing an aggro pally since

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 27, 2018, 06:48:47 am »
It's pretty accepted (though presumed) that he left because he no longer had much of a role in Hearthstone's existence and wanted to go back to actually creating things. Monster Hunt is out and it's actually much more fun than Dungeon Run in my opinion. I so far played only Tess and Crowley and both have some super interesting mechanics.

Honestly the concept of it (and Blackhowl Gunspire) has me so interested that I'd really love to see a game some day like Crowley's interactions, where players just accumulate resources and invest in their assets, like cannons, walls and defenses, troops, maybe watchtowers that can get a read on what your opponents have or are doing. Like a mix between a card game, a deck building game, a turn based or RTS strategy, a city building game, etc., kinda like a multiplayer Slay the Spire but with permanents rather than nonpermanents. Maybe that's what Reynad has in mind lul.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #508 on: March 26, 2021, 09:23:20 am »
Anyone still playing the game by any chance?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #509 on: March 26, 2021, 10:13:40 pm »
Anyone still playing the game by any chance?
I play Battlegrounds religiously

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer