Author Topic: Almost 15 Years After 9-11 - @Europeans, what do you think?  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Grenadier

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Almost 15 Years After 9-11 - @Europeans, what do you think?
« on: August 30, 2014, 12:34:33 am »
Since it's been nearly 15 years since the event of 911, I've never really had the chance to ask Europeans how they felt about the event since I live in the USA. If any Europeans could give their insight on how they feel about the event it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: Almost 15 Years After 9-11 - @Europeans, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:36:07 am »
9/11

National beat the shit out of Muslims/people who look like Muslims day.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Grenadier

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 12:37:31 am »
9/11

National beat the shit out of Muslims/people who look like Muslims day.

Mm, that's pretty harsh.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:39:23 am »
As a Muslim in the US I speak from experience.

But to be fair, I honestly expected things to be worse. US handled this better than the Polish did when Germany lost World War I.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:40:34 am »
How do we feel about it? Well, as normal people I suppose. It was a tragic event in which a lot of innocent people died. Just like there are tragic events around the world every year, each year. I've no stomach to get into a debate about the consequences though. Not again.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:41:27 am »
How do we feel about it? Well, as normal people I suppose. It was a tragic event in which a lot of innocent people died. Just like there are tragic events around the world every year, each year. I've no stomach to get into a debate about the consequences though. Not again.

Aye, probably best to avoid making anyone upset.

Offline Grenadier

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:48:39 am »

I'm not looking for a debate by any means, but the insight of how Europeans think about this event happening in America. Sure, we're all human beings and feel pretty sad about the event (most of us atleast) but I also want to see opinions from European perspectives since I've only been surrounded by American ones for so long. That's all. =P

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:13 am »
It was terrible, what more to say?

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 01:36:31 am »
I'm not sure what you were expecting from us Europeans. We may enjoy banter with the colonials but we share the same views as 99% of humans when it comes to innocent people dying horribly.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 01:36:54 am »
I'll be blunt and cynical:
The same way any person views a large number of deaths which are completely removed from them.
It's horrific, but not something we spare a moments thought for except for (occasionally) remembering when the date is mentioned in passing.
Personally, having attended an international (read as American) school meant that there was a lot of exposure at the time, but since then it becomes history.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 02:18:39 am »

Aye, probably best to avoid making anyone upset.

Why make a thread asking for opinions if you're not prepared for a debate?

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04:35 am »
as an Aussie, i think 9/11 was a tragic event, but i think a war wasnt a need, especially now since they have backed out and forgetting all they promised to the Afghan people. I was actually reading something this morning which was about the interpreters that the US used, they promised to take them into the states and give them citizenship given they meet 4 requirements. Now, the interpreters have been labelled as traitors to the Taliban and the people of Afghanistan and are being spied on and hunted down and killed, same with their families, and the US broke their promise to not help them out... even when they meet those 4 requirements, and as a result they are being hunted down and killed.

Anyway, thats not very on topic, simple answer from me: It was a tragic event, but a war wasnt needed.

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 03:20:32 am »
as an Aussie, i think 9/11 was a tragic event, but i think a war wasnt a need, especially now since they have backed out and forgetting all they promised to the Afghan people. I was actually reading something this morning which was about the interpreters that the US used, they promised to take them into the states and give them citizenship given they meet 4 requirements. Now, the interpreters have been labelled as traitors to the Taliban and the people of Afghanistan and are being spied on and hunted down and killed, same with their families, and the US broke their promise to not help them out... even when they meet those 4 requirements, and as a result they are being hunted down and killed.

Anyway, thats not very on topic, simple answer from me: It was a tragic event, but a war wasnt needed.

It's largely our countries bureaucracy that is keeping them from actually going to the US. Bureaucratic red tap is some bullshit, ain't it? Sorry, this is a tad bit off topic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:14:26 am by Ryner »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 03:36:38 am »
A video series on the interpreter situation:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAYsUb8du4[/youtube]

If this ain't a stab in the back, I don't know what is. It's down right insulting.

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 04:40:45 am »
9-11 pretty much shaped how the world is today.