Author Topic: 92nd Regiment of Foot [NA] Recruiting  (Read 23320 times)

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 92nd Regiment of Foot [NA] Recruiting
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 12:35:56 am »
So I guess this means some can take EU 92nd

Yes! That someone could be you, Stefi!

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Forster

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 12:36:55 am »
Why not have a stickied thread with all registered Regiments so that things like this don't happen. But if you want to have the name then ask Donald (John Cameron) for permission.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 12:37:36 am »
Yeah it is called 'regiment list'

Offline Forster

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 12:39:26 am »

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 12:39:58 am »
or maybe in the regiments section because i don't know it is called the 'regiment list'?!

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 12:40:07 am »
The whole EU vs NA regiment name thing was a load of crap and isn't valid at all. So these guys would have the 92nd name and anyone else wanting to use it would have to talk to them, even if they were EU.

Offline Marsh

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:14 am »

Offline Forster

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:42 am »
I am not on the forums very often. And have barely looked through, so sorry for that.

Although you're sarcasm doesn't help anyone. Hope you learn from this.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 12:46:08 am »
It would be easier if you just changed it know instead of being a hard ass about it

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:38 am »
Is it funny how 5thKGL was protected as a name on the forums because they had a steam group and 92nd now wish to keep their name and just reserve their post rather than lock it like a sensible person? There is no real "system" for names and reserving regiments it seems.

They are protected because they provide evidence of their pre-existence to the admins. Donald made the thread because he got trolled after he closed down his previous one, both here and Taleworlds. It was, as I understand it, to avoid anymore "confusion". The rules are clear, there may only be a regiment with the same name in a different timezone if the current owners of the name grant permission. Seems like a system to me.

Offline Muffington

• First Lieutenant
  • Terrible.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Muffington
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 12:51:53 am »
Oh, it's the ex-102nd gang....

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 12:53:35 am »
Is it funny how 5thKGL was protected as a name on the forums because they had a steam group and 92nd now wish to keep their name and just reserve their post rather than lock it like a sensible person? There is no real "system" for names and reserving regiments it seems.

They are protected because they provide evidence of their pre-existence to the admins. Donald made the thread because he got trolled after he closed down his previous one, both here and Taleworlds. It was, as I understand it, to avoid anymore "confusion". The rules are clear, there may only be a regiment with the same name in a different timezone if the current owners of the name grant permission. Seems like a system to me.

But isn't it odd how he has his topic deleted, after enforcing a requirement of having one. As a "We dont like this wesite" sort of move. THe EU v. NA argument has been bullshit and it was never defined until recently. Who would have known otherwise?

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 12:57:42 am »

But isn't it odd how he has his topic deleted, after enforcing a requirement of having one. As a "We dont like this wesite" sort of move. THe EU v. NA argument has been bullshit and it was never defined until recently. Who would have known otherwise?

He only made it again after some guy made a troll thread about forming the 92nd, both here and taleworlds, so no, I don't find that odd. Its been that way for AGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES and the only precedent being Cenzii's decision with the 2nd Coldstream.

Offline Forster

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:45 am »
Well even if they removed there thread from here. Then why are they not registered on the list. It would make more sense to keep there name on the registered list so that this doesn't happen. I feel this guy has done nothing wrong with creating the thread really.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 01:20:54 am »
Well even if they removed there thread from here. Then why are they not registered on the list. It would make more sense to keep there name on the registered list so that this doesn't happen. I feel this guy has done nothing wrong with creating the thread really.

Because their leader doesn't care about the community, only those that facilitate his ego.