Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - April-June Term  (Read 32343 times)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Community Rep Post - Jan-March Term
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2019, 02:24:12 pm »
brb gonna get Nappy to reform 45e

I have been summoned
Go back to playing CS n00b

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 07:39:04 pm »
Mid-week update

So if we do a 4v4 league I (and everyone else) will want the league done in 1-2 months, and will probably have to go with Fartknocker's suggestion of having an increased quantity of matches than your regular league like the NBA but maybe not as extreme so maybe more like the NFL. Still in the infancy stages of organizing this said league.

As for the melee only event tired is helping with setting it up on a weekend. We're going to test it with a single regiment playing against the pubs/casuals, so we invited the LG to play in the first event when it does happen. It would be around 20~ against like 60 or 80 pubs we're hoping. If it goes well we would probably do it again but with the 42nd to include as much as the comp. community too.

If you have any feedback/comments on either then contribute and post please, I'd prefer as much community input as I can.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:11:26 pm by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2019, 08:02:17 pm »
That's modeled after the 2v1's that used to happen, right? Those were always really fun

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

|Viper|

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2019, 08:09:30 pm »
Holy shit me and Pedro are gonna meme with our feints.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2019, 08:51:15 pm »
The melee event is actually one hell of a good idea, especially if you can gather that many pubs. Do you plan on making one specific map for it (or have one already?) because the RGL map might be a bit too small for such large numbers. Either way, really hope Glenn can record his perspective, I want to see how it looks.

I also hope that we won't have like actual NW veterans hiding behind pubs tags just to play against the LG/42nd. Don't want to sound paranoid but the idea is to have an actually trained melee regiment fighting a team made of people who will have nothing but numbers to the advantage right? So if a third of the so-called 'casual' players are in-fact good and experienced players in disguise, it may ruin the spirit of the event. Worth keeping that in mind.

As for the 4v4 league, do you think having like two matches a week would help to have a high quantity of matches in a reasonable period of time or was there something else you had in mind?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 09:06:26 pm »
The melee event is actually one hell of a good idea, especially if you can gather that many pubs. Do you plan on making one specific map for it (or have one already?) because the RGL map might be a bit too small for such large numbers. Either way, really hope Glenn can record his perspective, I want to see how it looks.

I also hope that we won't have like actual NW veterans hiding behind pubs tags just to play against the LG/42nd. Don't want to sound paranoid but the idea is to have an actually trained melee regiment fighting a team made of people who will have nothing but numbers to the advantage right? So if a third of the so-called 'casual' players are in-fact good and experienced players in disguise, it may ruin the spirit of the event. Worth keeping that in mind.

As for the 4v4 league, do you think having like two matches a week would help to have a high quantity of matches in a reasonable period of time or was there something else you had in mind?
We should have a suitable map for it, I believe it'll probably be a decent sized flat map, not like a groupfighting map. The NW vet thing did come across my mind but thanks for mentioning it. If NW vets do decide to play on the casual side it shouldn't be hard to differentiate the two.. Casuals/pubs have a distinct only down-block style so catching someone shouldn't be too hard especially with admin(s).

the 4v4 league would probably be having 2 matches a week, for me it would specifically depend on the amount of teams signing up but yeah that would be ideal, depending on how fast paced people want it.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
Sounds good, looking forward to both!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2019, 09:07:58 pm »
#thursday/sunday/mondaynightnw

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2019, 09:09:36 pm »
The NFL is one match a week btw

60-80 pubs might be too many for 20 people tbh. Either way it sounds fun and am looking forward to it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2019, 09:39:30 pm »

60-80 pubs might be too many for 20 people tbh. Either way it sounds fun and am looking forward to it
Ok MAYBE NFL was a bad analogy but I was just referring to how many games were played in one week in the league itself

but pubs hardly know how to down block so the LG should be fine and if we need a few extra people I'm sure it won't be a huge loss.

#thursday/sunday/mondaynightnw
yassss queen

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2019, 10:54:55 pm »

pfft, everyone just needs to get 3-4 kills. ez work.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2019, 11:23:17 pm »
I think the 2 matches a week is a good idea only if teams can have say 4 subs.

Also how would handling teams that didn't play their match be done? One of the problems in WPC has been where teams are forced to play on a day they can't do even though they offered 5 days for the match and their opposing team offered 1.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2019, 11:43:04 pm »
I think the 2 matches a week is a good idea only if teams can have say 4 subs.

Also how would handling teams that didn't play their match be done? One of the problems in WPC has been where teams are forced to play on a day they can't do even though they offered 5 days for the match and their opposing team offered 1.
Wouldn't it be easier to give teams that can't be active enough forfeits? Either that or give teams 1 extension week if necessary to finish any outstanding matches. Any other alternatives?

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2019, 12:33:53 am »
Just limit the team starters and have 4 subs who aren't as known (or as sweaty). An example will be have me, waste, yoshie, and havoc and subs like glenn, purplish, etc. So basically there can be a lot of teams with equal skill distribution and avoid those mega stacks. Also don't give extensions because it defeats the point of having it 2 a week and I think it'll be better if they just have some more subs.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2019, 12:38:43 am »
Just limit the team starters and have 4 subs who aren't as known (or as sweaty). An example will be have me, waste, yoshie, and havoc and subs like glenn, purplish, etc. So basically there can be a lot of teams with equal skill distribution and avoid those mega stacks. Also don't give extensions because it defeats the point of having it 2 a week and I think it'll be better if they just have some more subs.