Author Topic: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion  (Read 17290 times)

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2019, 06:49:27 am »
Well EU drew the short end of the stick.
Renamed again?  ::)
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

suns

« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2019, 06:51:44 am »
uh pros vs joes was successful what

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2019, 07:16:03 am »
The 63e (a regiment) had the biggest and most successful NA server on the entire game for years. We recruited tons of people because of it, and when we would go there after events and form lines and actually use tactics, the pubs would follow along. We got plenty of recruits this way. When people see players in tags performing well and using teamwork it makes them want to join that group.
The 63e siege server was never the largest or most successful server for years. If you were to say it was one of the more successful servers, i would agree.   It followed a pretty consistent pattern of being active during steam sales, to get all the recruits possible, then die off not too long after the sale ended.  Admins would be rare  and trolls would be constant after the sales ended.  It was pretty obvious its main purpose was to be a giant recruiting platform.  Which is fine.  A lot/most regs used their server for that purpose.  There was a consistent pattern that i seen for years where it was active when new players were in abundance, then died off until the next sale.   It wasn't a consistently populated server.  There were a few times it broke the trend, but it eventually died off. 

On a side note, i hopped into the server a few times after a 63e event ended.  After the event, they would send the regiment into the server.     There would be 10, 20, or even 30 63e members just sitting in spec and not playing.  Many of them asking if they could leave yet.  The 63e used their large numbers to inflate the servers pop, as people like to join servers that are populated to get it going, then most of the reg would leave.  It was pretty effective.  It is a great way to get an empty or near empty server going.  It was a tool that most regs or groups wish they had. 

BBGs bot battle server, and even NA1 are or were the most consistently populated NA servers over the years.(BBGs bot server started in 2015 i think)  BBG is still going strong with several different servers.   NA1 died off 2 or so years ago. 

Im not going to speak for the EU servers, as i generally didn't play on them all that often.

I know you and NA1 had a great run (and it definitely was pretty dead longer than 2 years ago) but the 63e's siege server was constantly at 180+ players for the first year that I was in the 63e which was 2014-2015. It was continuously populated for a long ass time after that also. I was also using this as an example to show Moraine that what he's been saying is not true.

But as for you saying it would die off after a sale, EVERY server would drop off in population. Also, after our events it was required for us to populate the siege server and there was players that didn't want to be there and they'd sit in spec until we were allowed to leave which was around 15 minutes. A lot of players would stay. We didn't start doing that until the game was starting to really show signs of dying too, so maybe like later in the summer of 2016 or early 2017. Fuck yeah we got a lot of recruits doing it too.

63e moved to another dying/dead game in Holdfast after that anyways.

For the sake of not wanting to deal with any further debate about dead servers, yeah maybe the 63e siege server wasn't the largest or most successful server for years. It definitely was one of the most successful servers in the entire game though.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2019, 07:27:05 am »
Until you were allowed to leave?!
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

suns

« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:26 am »
yeah na1 was dead a lot longer than 2 years ago i remember missing seeing it populated

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2019, 08:06:59 am »
Until you were allowed to leave?!

Yeah it was only like 15 minutes and you had the choice to just stay in spectator instead of playing

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2019, 10:31:06 am »

I know you and NA1 had a great run (and it definitely was pretty dead longer than 2 years ago) but the 63e's siege server was constantly at 180+ players for the first year that I was in the 63e which was 2014-2015. It was continuously populated for a long ass time after that also. I was also using this as an example to show Moraine that what he's been saying is not true.

But as for you saying it would die off after a sale, EVERY server would drop off in population. Also, after our events it was required for us to populate the siege server and there was players that didn't want to be there and they'd sit in spec until we were allowed to leave which was around 15 minutes. A lot of players would stay. We didn't start doing that until the game was starting to really show signs of dying too, so maybe like later in the summer of 2016 or early 2017. Fuck yeah we got a lot of recruits doing it too.

63e moved to another dying/dead game in Holdfast after that anyways.

For the sake of not wanting to deal with any further debate about dead servers, yeah maybe the 63e siege server wasn't the largest or most successful server for years. It definitely was one of the most successful servers in the entire game though.
NA1 died off in 2017.  The final nail in the coffin i would say was Jan of 18.  It still got the rare play time since then.  Even had a mini reboot for a few days a month or 2 ago.(some old vets got on, like Deo) 

i do wish i was more aggressive with  improving NA1 after i became senior admin.   took me about 2 months to make mini games along with other admins.(partizani events ftw)  Took me about 10 months before i started map making for it.  Took me a few years(maybe 2.  it was so long ago) before i started  to learn scripting.  people enjoyed my maps for the most part.  People for the most part like my scripts. they included reviving,  god mode, admin privileges, writing when someone TW or TW/killed a friendly horse,  and friendly fire being off at rounds start and end.(plus other minor bug fixes) The latter probably removed most of our admining.  Alt tab tks were practically extinct.  Accidental TWs in spawn were gone.    many of those scripts were eventually found on other servers.  Getty's events being the main one.  Of course later they were added into the patches.  All of these are going to be in BCoF if i haven't already coded them in.    I am not sure if NA1s life span would of been longer or shorter with the above stuff done sooner.   Trouble makers would of been removed sooner, people teamkilled would of been revived.(horses healed)  There were probably a lot of people who were constantly teamkilling/teamwounding that got away with it.  There were some who didn't like the increase of admin knowledge into what was going on.(Like the writing of someone teamwounding)

Eh, i was going to make a response to the other stuff, but it's not important.  I do agree you got a lot of recruits from it.  I remember the new recruit lines you all had that were large.  The 29th use to have some similar sized lines.  I felt bad mowing them down on horseback or melee.   Was a nice way to get a high kill count.

It is a shame about holdfast.  I was hoping they would do well.  Maybe they can turn it around before its too late. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2019, 03:23:53 pm »
Battle Cry of Freedom better not fuck me over

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
That’s the can-do attitude we love Moraine!
Sorry i'm a realist. I don't make false promises like most politicians.
I'm not promising that it'll work, there's no way to know if it will and if it does how long will it last? I'm not sure.
I'm going to be attempting to get everyone included. I'm not promising more comp players.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2019, 05:22:19 pm »
We're all talking about NW, but anyone here who'd do something with the mods for it? I think it would be great to see some extra effort towards populating certain mods again, even if it's just for 1 weekly event. I'm working on Iron Europe already. I heard North and South & Red and Blue wars could use some extra attention too.

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2019, 05:33:06 pm »
We're all talking about NW, but anyone here who'd do something with the mods for it? I think it would be great to see some extra effort towards populating certain mods again, even if it's just for 1 weekly event. I'm working on Iron Europe already. I heard North and South & Red and Blue wars could use some extra attention too.

I currently host a weekly NA mod event to try and give some of the mods some attention and I know Eu has one too. Nw can barely sustain itself idk how much focus a Cr can have on the pretty dead mods

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2019, 05:40:04 pm »
Well they shouldn't focus on the already dead mods, but those who are building up a bit again.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2019, 06:09:08 pm »
That's a great point. I got caught up thinking nw as the base game. Different style of events and doing new mods should be a focus. It would be awesome to see iron Europe come back I personally enjoyed it a lot. Shrooms I hope to do a public line for events like yours. Just gotta organize it first!

5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2019, 07:17:11 pm »
That's a great point. I got caught up thinking nw as the base game. Different style of events and doing new mods should be a focus. It would be awesome to see iron Europe come back I personally enjoyed it a lot. Shrooms I hope to do a public line for events like yours. Just gotta organize it first!
If you actually want a proper weekly mod event prob in the best interest someone other then shrooms host it. His mod events are basically just 40 people doing whatever they want every round and nothing organized or proper.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2019, 07:56:50 pm »
NW vs Zulus

Inject this into my veins