Poll

What should we do about the reservation threads?

Remove them completly,keep all things related to the mod in one thread.
14 (40%)
Keep them, but add a ruleset to only allow mods with a lot of progress to have these threads (That will have to be enforced by moderators).
15 (42.9%)
Do not remove them, they make it easier to reserve regiments.
5 (14.3%)
I have a better solution, i will specify in the thread. (Only for big differences between the above 3, please).
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: October 12, 2013, 09:28:30 am

Author Topic: Removal of the Regiment Reservation threads in the Mod section.  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
Removal of the Regiment Reservation threads in the Mod section.
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:38 pm »
Can we just remove them? They are utterly pointless since:

A. Most of those mods who have these threads will never release.
B. You can take the name when the mod actually releases.
C. They clutter the board and all i see are these pointless threads instead of actual mods that are developing.

Now, some may counter argue that" Ermaghersh, but i can't be here all the time so when the mod release i might not be here and get the regiment i want!!!"

Tough luck son, first come first serve is how it should be. Not to mention that, that counter argument is highly individualised and is outweighed by the rest.

Now if you really, really want a pointless reservation thread, just dedicate the second post of the mod thread dedicated for reservations.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Removal of the Regiment Reservation threads in the Mod section.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 09:55:24 pm »
I agree, it should be solved through PM like in Red and Blue.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 09:57:02 pm »
Leave it to the mod makers, besides the usual code for mod reservation threads is that you need to make progress to prove that the mod is actually being worked on.

Of course you also have some people who make those threads as soon as the mod is thought of.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:58:49 pm »
Regiment reservations kind of always annoyed me. They should be done through the threads until a mod has had serious development progress, like Iron Europe.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »
Leave it to the mod makers, besides the usual code for mod reservation threads is that you need to make progress to prove that the mod is actually being worked on.

Of course you also have some people who make those threads as soon as the mod is thought of.

They shouldn't have two damn threads, thats the point, it is just useless clutter. You can have the reservation part on the second or third post of the mod thread, nice and neat.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:20 pm »
As much as I'd agree with that, if that was the smartest way to do it then it'd have been done already by now.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 10:02:34 pm »
As much as I'd agree with that, if that was the smartest way to do it then it'd have been done already by now.

Yes the smartest way is to have no damn reservation and let people pick the regiments when the mod is released! Just how L'Aigle is doing it!

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 10:43:49 pm »
I approve

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:45:42 pm »
Approved by me.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54:46 pm »
Agreed with what Petchie said, it's ******** ridiculous, people think to much here that you need a freaking reserve thread if you want to make a mod. Apart from that it's just crap in the development section.

It should be on the good old way, first who makes the thread has the dam name. - Though sadly this is the decision of a dev team.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »
So now that we see that many people agree:

Can we please remove them? Or atleast make specific rules to for the reservation threads so people don't spam them whenever they start a mod.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »
Six to seven people isn't a majority. This isn't the USSR.

It's up to the mod makers if they wish to allow another user to start a thread to handle reservations at the end of the day, and as CI said should continue to be based on the level of progress made. Whilst I personally feel it could be contained to one thread it ultimately causes unnecessary clutter and has a habit of breaking the flow of conversation. Then there's the added issue of whether or not they have time to update frequently.

That aside, a solid no from myself. Perhaps a rejigging of the rules behind allowing reservation threads, but not a full-out removal. This strikes me more as butthurt over not getting a name rather than the far more logical "let's find a solution to this clutter."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:03:15 pm by Joe Mackenzie »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 10:30:18 pm »
Six to seven people isn't a majority. This isn't the USSR.

It's up to the mod makers if they wish to allow another user to start a thread to handle reservations at the end of the day, and as CI said should continue to be based on the level of progress made. Whilst I personally feel it could be contained to one thread it ultimately causes unnecessary clutter and has a habit of breaking the flow of conversation. Then there's the added issue of whether or not they have time to update frequently.

That aside, a solid no from myself. Perhaps a rejigging of the rules behind allowing reservation threads, but not a full-out removal. This strikes me more as butthurt over not getting a name rather than the far more logical "let's find a solution to this clutter."

Yeah because i actually sign up to reserve regiments... Being a bit ignorant now aren't we?

I suggested that there should atleast be a rule system as to how you can be allowed to make one, (Please read the posts, or atleast put a tl;dr if you didn't read.) but tbh that takes to much time and more time to organize and keep up to date etc. so a much simpler way is just to remove them. Thats the most logical solution incase you didn't take the time to think about one.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »
Yeah because i actually sign up to reserve regiments... Being a bit ignorant now aren't we?

I suggested that there should atleast be a rule system as to how you can be allowed to make one, (Please read the posts, or atleast put a tl;dr if you didn't read.) but tbh that takes to much time and more time to organize and keep up to date etc. so a much simpler way is just to remove them. Thats the most logical solution incase you didn't take the time to think about one.

I appreciate that you have a habit of making rather pointed remarks, however throwing your epeen around won't get you anywhere. It's petty, and beneath you; just a little tip.

That aside, I wasn't responding to you directly; hence why my post openly states that a rejigging of what's acceptable ought to be done. Speaking frankly now, the amount of time it takes to keep a post up to date pretty much circles around how well you manage the design/coding and whether or not you can actually commit. If not, pass it on. It's been done before without any issues, so there are few reasons for it not to cause any issues in the future.

You're free to PM me if you feel like sparking off again; it causes less hassle for Ewan and the others, and generally keeps me busy in my free time~

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 11:08:19 pm »
Being a hypocrite and riding a high horse doesn't make me anymore keen to care what you are saying, nor would i want to PM you.

And the problem wasn't that individual users would have to update their reservation threads. I was thinking that if there were rules, as to how the moderators would get around to having time to check if the threads were following rules etc. (Example: The mod has to atleast have a Beta released to be able to have a reservation thread.) It would be a waste of their time, so the easier solution is just to remove those threads and just keep all things related to that mod under development, in one thread. Simple, organized, no clutter. There's no reason to have an elaborate set of rules to further compicate things, but if the moderators have time to do it, which they will probably say they wont since they are busy people, then they can do that instead of removing the threads who comply with the rules.

told that bih don't @ me