Author Topic: Music Listening Club  (Read 15155 times)

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
Re: Music Listening Club
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:41 pm »

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2018, 06:46:50 am »

[Week 7.5a] Travis Scott - Astroworld

Streaming
Spotify

[Week 7.5b] Mac Miller - Swimming

Streaming
Spotify

[Week 7.5c] YG - STAY DANGEROUS

Streaming
Spotify

https://www.reddit.com/r/RapLeaks/

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:20:41 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_5hine
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2018, 07:03:02 am »
3 albums one night fuck it who needs sleep

a. Travis Scott - ASTROWORLD

First listen, but I can pretty confidently say it might by AOTY for me.

I've liked just about every song apart from STOP TRYING TO BE GOD, for the sloppy and annoying instrumentals. First 3 tracks are my favorite. There's amazing production throughout the album. Travis assembled a pretty phenomenal feature list as well.

Only negative thing I can say is a select few of the tracks seem a little conceptually messy and all over the place.

9/10
[close]

b. Mac Miller - Swimming

Mac comes on this album with a really nice concept of swimming in your problems and not drowning in them and makes it work incredibly. Last half of the album is weaker. Really chill feeling on every track throughout the album. Definitely worth a listen and something to vibe out to.

Hurt Feelings is amazing, favorite track. Least favorite would be Small Worlds.

8/10
[close]

c. YG - STAY DANGEROUS

ok dis hard

Pretty consistent stuff from YG, never disappoints and you know exactly what you're getting. Just some pretty hard trap-flavored beats with entertaining bars.
BULLETPROOF slaps. HANDGUN is a low point.

6/10
[close]

d. Baka Not Nice - 4Milli

Was pretty disappointed, only dropping 8 tracks with half of them being pre-released singles.

Only track I really enjoyed was Live Up to My Name. Otherwise pretty boring songs with weak hooks and okay production.

3/10? if that.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:01:43 am by Shine »

AeroNinja

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2018, 09:08:15 am »
Anyone into Witch House - Darkwave?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2018, 03:41:09 pm »

I've liked just about every song apart from STOP TRYING TO BE GOD, for the sloppy and annoying instrumentals. First 3 tracks are my favorite. There's amazing production throughout the album. Travis assembled a pretty phenomenal feature list as well.

Only negative thing I can say is a select few of the tracks seem a little conceptually messy and all over the place.

9/10
[close]

b. Mac Miller - Swimming

Mac comes on this album with a really nice concept of swimming in your problems and not drowning in them and makes it work incredibly. Last half of the album is weaker. Really chill feeling on every track throughout the album. Definitely worth a listen and something to vibe out to.

8/10
[close]

c. YG - STAY DANGEROUS

ok dis hard

Pretty consistent stuff from YG, never disappoints and you know exactly what you're getting. Just some pretty hard trap-flavored beats with entertaining bars.

6/10
[close]

Was pretty disappointed, only dropping 8 tracks with half of them being pre-released singles.

Only track I really enjoyed was Live Up to My Name. Otherwise pretty boring songs with weak hooks and okay production.

3/10? if that.
[close]
wow travis scott a 9/10 jesus christ

I'll be listenin to these albums all day today

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2018, 04:32:03 pm »

9/10
[close]

b. Mac Miller - Swimming

8/10
[close]

c. YG - STAY DANGEROUS

ok dis hard

6/10
[close]

3/10? if that.
[close]
wow travis scott a 9/10 jesus christ

I'll be listenin to these albums all day today

i’m not even a huge trav-stan I just really fw this album

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2018, 03:02:23 am »
alright the new travis album is a 6/10, there's like 4 maybe 5 good songs and the rest sound like every other travis scott song, it is very far from being even an inkling better than kids see ghost

it just feels like a collection of songs that are all very similar, and the production+features carries this album hard

fav. song wake up
least fav. rip screw
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:04:46 am by Windflower »

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2018, 03:18:28 am »
alright the new travis album is a 6/10, there's like 4 maybe 5 good songs and the rest sound like every other travis scott song, it is very far from being even an inkling better than kids see ghost

it just feels like a collection of songs that are all very similar, and the production+features carries this album hard

fav. song wake up
least fav. rip screw

After a couple more listens I do have to say that they are starting to sound similar, some more variance would be nice but I still give it a strong 7. Rode the hype train.

Same goes for Swimming.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:21:00 am by Shine »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2018, 04:09:52 am »
yeah yeah, i liked swimming and yg's album better

actually

fuck travis scott fuckin homogenous boring space trap
6/10

rodeo was a light 6 to decent 7/10

birds in the trap even worse

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2018, 05:24:01 am »

[Week 8] Count Bass D - Dwight Spitz (Hip hop)
(Wikipedia)

Background/Review(albumism)
When Dwight “Count Bass D” Farrell dropped his debut album Pre-Life Crisis in 1995, it was noted for its live instrumentation-based production, his mix of rap and singing vocalisms, and his quirky sense of humor. The Count was a gifted musician and singer (he played three instruments and sang in his church choir), and it showed. Seven years later, when he released Dwight Spitz, the Count still made use of his quirky humor and singing ability, but also began to favor sample-based production. Part of this decision was artistic, but it was also out of necessity: Count had lost his record deal with Sony, so recording using only live instrumentation would be cost-prohibitive.

Streaming

Track list

Spoiler
Bold = Single
Italics = Video
1.   "Jussa Playa"      1:28
2.   "Aural S(ECT)s"      1:30
3.   "Gon' Get Yours"      0:33
4.   "Antemeridian"      1:37
5.   "Postmeridian"      0:56
6.   "How We Met" (feat. Edan)      1:18
7.   "Just Say No To Drugs"      0:31
8.   "Sanctuary"      1:43
9.   "Subwoofer (Dumile)"      2:11
10.   "Truth To Light"      1:30
11.   "Real Music Vs. Bu11$#!+"   1:29
12.   "August 25, 2001"   3:29
13.   "Hello Test Test" (feat. Cana and Hezekiah)   0:51
14.   "Blackman Dreams" (feat. Lil D)   2:03
15.   "Reign Or Shine" (feat. Rayna Shine)   1:28
16.   "Quite Buttery" (feat. MF DOOM)    1:06
17.   "Blues For Percy Carey"   1:52
18.   "Seven Years" (feat. Dionne Farris)   3:29
19.   "Ohio Playas"   2:07
20.   "Dwight Spitz"   3:20
21.   "Make A Buck" (feat. MF DOOM)     3:44
22.   "My First Piece" (feat. Oriana Lee and Hezekiah)   3:04
23.   "Take Control"   3:44
24.   "Coming Soon"   0:17
25.   "Beat 4our" (Contains hidden track)   26:35
[close]

Articles/Reviews
https://music.avclub.com/count-bass-d-dwight-spitz-1798197557
http://www.factmag.com/2013/08/26/legendary-producer-and-mc-count-bass-d-celebrates-dwight-spitz-10th-anniversary-with-re-issue/

Want more like this?
Donuts - J Dilla
Madvillainy - Madvillain

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:31:41 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2018, 11:13:59 am »

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2018, 07:27:03 pm »

[Week 8.5a] Nicki Minaj - Queen

Streaming
Spotify

[Week 8.5b] Trippie Redd - Life's a Trip

Streaming
Spotify

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2018, 08:32:08 pm »
that young thug feature on lifes a trip OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu thats some good shit

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2018, 04:06:00 am »

actually

6/10

i agree with you on astroworld shit was disappointing, ive been listenin to trav since days before rodeo so this astroworld sounded so generic. it was was sonically identical to most projects this year from other artists in the genre, notably migos (whos album was trash). to be fair to travis though he works as a producer a lot and collaborates on a lot of songs and beats, but it kind of sucks he's selling his sound out, makes him way less unique.

but um gonna have to give you a big fuck you for saying rodeo is a light 7 lmao, that album easily many peoples top 10 for this decade, just sounds like you don't really fw what hes talking about on the album

that young thug feature on lifes a trip OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu thats some good shit

to be honest trippie doing well musically, he just acts like such a kid on instagram

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2018, 05:12:10 am »

actually

6/10

i agree with you on astroworld shit was disappointing, ive been listenin to trav since days before rodeo so this astroworld sounded so generic. it was was sonically identical to most projects this year from other artists in the genre, notably migos (whos album was trash). to be fair to travis though he works as a producer a lot and collaborates on a lot of songs and beats, but it kind of sucks he's selling his sound out, makes him way less unique.

but um gonna have to give you a big fuck you for saying rodeo is a light 7 lmao, that album easily many peoples top 10 for this decade, just sounds like you don't really fw what hes talking about on the album
I'm pretty sure producers produced 95% of Astroworld

TOP 10 IN THE DECADE FOR RODEO lol wtf thats bs. I get the concept behind the album and he has a LOT of hit singles/songs from it but there is no way that shits a masterpiece lol. I'm allowed to not be a fan of his sound as well. The way he raps all spacey/psychadelic and how the production of his songs are actually better than the monotonous tone and uniformity of his voice/bars. It's not for me, and for me his music needs more variance not just in the production. Don't even get me started on Huncho Jack.

to be honest trippie doing well musically, he just acts like such a kid on instagram
I agree with you but he is a kid, he's 19 but I think it's more of his snob personality.