Author Topic: 1te Ostpreussisches Grenadiers [NA/EU] [16+]-Conscripting the Married Men  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Shade

• First Sergeant
  • [5teFK]_Rtm_Shade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Union
Sorry for interrupting you, but I thought that you might want to know that "1te Ostpreussisches Grenadiers" is as grammatically incorrect as possible.
In German word endings indicate the gender of the word they refer to.  1te "erste" refers to a female word and therefore can't go together with (unless you have an article like das infront) Ostpreussisches which refers to a neutral word.
I don't know if it's intended, but Grenadiers is an English word and in German we say Grenadiere.
Now, correct and historical would be : 1tes Ostpreussisches Grenadierregiment.

No offense intended.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmender Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der gestirnte Himmel über mir und das moralische Gesetz in mir."

- Immanuel Kant

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
pls dont disband, ty.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
pls dont disband, ty.
Bae never. Something going on in Anglo-Dutch brigade where'd they want us to merge into all one bug reg. personally I will fight for the regs independence 4evar!!!!1!1!!2
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Study up on that German, Howe. You've been corrected! Mais ce que je préfère, c'est français.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
Sorry for interrupting you, but I thought that you might want to know that "1te Ostpreussisches Grenadiers" is as grammatically incorrect as possible.
In German word endings indicate the gender of the word they refer to.  1te "erste" refers to a female word and therefore can't go together with (unless you have an article like das infront) Ostpreussisches which refers to a neutral word.
I don't know if it's intended, but Grenadiers is an English word and in German we say Grenadiere.
Now, correct and historical would be : 1tes Ostpreussisches Grenadierregiment.

No offense intended.
None taken. Thank you for the correct yet I hope you don't mind if we leave it as is for simplicity's sake  ;)

Study up on that German, Howe. You've been corrected! Mais ce que je préfère, c'est français.
enough from you, Frenchie
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Apparently I think you may have more of a connection to the 98th than I'd think. That's the reg that the Nr. 37 members went to who didn't go to the 25th, including some of my EU guys. I saw Spud's name in there soo.

I'm ever so faithful to you, however. <3

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
Apparently I think you may have more of a connection to the 98th than I'd think. That's the reg that the Nr. 37 members went to who didn't go to the 25th, including some of my EU guys. I saw Spud's name in there soo.

I'm ever so faithful to you, however. <3
I was in the 98th for a bit. Nothing serious. Their a good group of guys. Glad to hear their doing well especially spud :3
Fuck off, Nazi scum