Poll

What is your favorite computer company (assuming you have to pick one of these)?

Lenovo
3 (5.1%)
Asus
13 (22%)
Dell
4 (6.8%)
Alienware
6 (10.2%)
HP
6 (10.2%)
Acer
7 (11.9%)
I got mine at a Fleamarket, I think Juan said it ran Windows 98 at 10 frames?
20 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Computer Discussion Thread - What are your specs?  (Read 9028 times)

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Computer Discussion Thread - What are your specs?
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2016, 03:27:45 am »
Eh not really. 8 GB is minimum nowadays, 12 is a healthy bonus. At the least It'll last you longer if you want to upgrade other parts later on.
I agree about the 8GB minimum, but I think the point he was trying to make is the GPU is gonna be bottlenecking one hell of a lot more than the RAM, even if he only had 4GB of RAM. Still, it's easy to upgrade GPUs, so there's always that.

But yeah McLovin I'd highly recommend getting a GTX 960 to upgrade your rig when you've got the cash. That'll bring your graphics in line with the rest of the rig and mean you can run modern games with decent settings.

Volk, I'd imagine you'll have to do it individually for each program. You should be able to add/remove folder locations in a lot of programs involving graphics/videos, in which case just remove any which are listed on your SSD. You have similar things for music libraries, Steam games locations etc, so I'd assume you can do the same with any half decent graphics/video program.

That being said, a quick browse pulled these up:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1813718/make-hard-drive-default-storage.html
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/270102-32-useful-articles-part

Hopefully that'll at least give you a point in the right direction
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:34:13 am by MrTiki »

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2016, 04:40:59 am »
-Snip

Disregard. I managed to fix the problem with the help of some very trusty friends.

If there's 1 thing I can thank Microsoft for doing right in Windows 10, it's the sheer amount of Back-Up Systems they have for idiots like me  :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:00:48 am by Volk »

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2016, 05:12:36 pm »
Has anyone got any experience with Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum? I boought the headset today and many said it's one of the best. I'm still able to return it for 30 days though if it's not that great.