Author Topic: Bomber thing [cancelled, lack of interest]  (Read 2019 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Bomber thing [cancelled, lack of interest]
« on: November 23, 2017, 02:49:23 am »

Good evening chaps!

I have recently come into possession of a spiffing little World War 2 bomber/crew simulator that runs numbers for what happens to a bomber and its crew during bombing raids. This program lets me name crewmen, and their bomber. In my community, one of our members compiled a massive list of all of our members that the game would name the crewmen to see who dies the quickest, and I have opted to adopt this for the FSE community at large. This won't be any particularly involving "game", but it will be amusing to see what happens to you and your friends when trying to bomb the Reich.

To Start, the "Royal FSE Bomber Command" has two squadrons: 1 Squadron, which is equipped with B-17s and performs day-time bombings with fighter cover; and 2 Squadron, which is equipped with Avro Lancasters and performs night-time bombings without fighter cover. Pick your poison.

Additionally, you will also be able to either "enlist" as an individual, or reserve a whole bomber for your lads (note, if you wish to reserve a whole bomber, your friends will need to make up at least half of the crew).

Some more general protocol below:

• When enlisting individually, you will either designate yourself as a Pilot or a Crewman. If you designate yourself a pilot you will be held in reserve to fill either a pilot or co-pilot spot; only do this if you expect to be able to answer my questions at any time (the program will often ask you for input, such as bail out or emergency land). General Crewmen are those that are just along for the ride and will be held in reserve to fill all other crew positions.
  • You may enlist yourself and your friends as individuals or as a crew. Again, to have a bomber as "yours" from the start you will need to make up half the crew at least.
  • You get one life. If your person dies, gets sent home, or is captured that's the end of the war for you.
  • The game will send you home if you survive 'x' amount of sorties. In this event, you "win." Congratulations.
  • The Pilot of the bomber can request specific individuals to make up the rest of or replace their crew. Co-Pilots "take over" if the Pilot is either not here or is lost in action.
  • The Game will advance one month per 'turn' which will be each Saturday.
  • Though the simulation only does it one specific bomber at a time (though it assumes NPC bombers in your formation), the specifics of the raid will be the same each turn for all craft in the same raid - and we'll say you're all in the same formation.
  • A Player can be assigned as Squadron Commander, this SC will be responsible for furnishing bombers to new crews and such.
  • If a bomber loses some of its crew, the Pilot may either request specific people as replacements or allow the SC to assign replacements to him
  • If a bomber is lost, the surviving crew will be kept together on a new craft.
  • If neither the co-pilot or pilot are on to give feedback, the mission will go forward anyways; this can be prevented if said individuals "request leave" before the raid, and won't be included in that week's raid.
  • Extended absences of pilot/co-pilot can result in the revocation or reassignment of those individuals.
  • The Game will run from August 1942 to July 1943. If we run out of crew before then, we'll "lose". Since this is more of a trial campaign, we'll not advance past 1943. Future campaigns will be longer, if this proves fun enough.

Raids happen on Saturday at 21:00 GMT (3:00 PM Central Standard Time)
Communication between Admins and Pilots will take place in this thread

Bomber Crew Positions
B-17 E (1 Squadron)Avro Lancaster (2 Squadron)
1.   Pilot
2.   Co-Pilot
3.   Bombadier
4.   Navigator
5.   Engineer (Top Gunner)       
6.   Radio Operator
7.   Left Gunner
8.   Right Gunner
9.   Ball Gunner
10. Tail Gunner
1. Pilot
2. Flight Engineer
3. Navigator
4. Wireless Operator
5. Bombadier (front Gunner)
6. Dorsal Gunner
7. Tail Gunner

Single Enlistment

You can enlist others as general crewmen,
since they will not have a ton of input anyways       

Bomber Commission
Remember you need at least half the crew
in order to commission your own craft.

(5 for B-17, 4 for Lancaster)

Code: Single Enlistment
Single Enlistment
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Squadron Preference:[/b]
[b]Crew Type:[/b] (Pilot / Crew)

Code: Bomber Commission
Bomber Commission
[b]Name of Bomber:[/b]
[b]Squadron:[/b]
[b]List of Crew:[/b]

Some Links

Personnel Directory

Squadron Equipment Catalogue

After Action Report
(Soon)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:10:43 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Re: His Majesty's Royal FSE Bomber Command - "How Long Can You Survive?"
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:49:40 am »

Organization of the Group

Royal FSE Bomber Command, HM King DaMonkey I, Group Commander

1 Squadron,
Captain Sir Joseph Thomas II, Squadron Commander     

2 Squadron,
Captain Sir Xethos, Squadron Commander

"Air Autism" (41-9030-BO)
2LT Gaham
Dillard
Smals
Sam
Allen
Gerready
Mordillah
Capone
Cazador
Nate
"Juice Kelley" (ZN208)
2LT Thunderstormer
Munro
Crunch
Deofuta
LittleGuy
Thundersnow
Loc
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:57:36 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:18:22 am »
So the other positions dont really matter and the pilots make every decision right? And if I wanted to sign up a squadron of my own my pals they wouldn't need to have forum accounts/post on this thread?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 04:29:22 am »
Basically, yes. The only people who would need to be able to post are the Pilot/Co-Pilot.

Edit the general air crew can just be fluff; we'll go through them pretty quick.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:54:52 am by DaMonkey »