Author Topic: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!  (Read 198770 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!
« Reply #600 on: December 06, 2015, 11:36:25 am »
I think FSE are away this weekend but I'm sure Olafson will reply to this eventually  ???

Vacationing on the job? Just like Obama! I think FSE is being bought out by the Democrats and Shillary Clinton. I knew something was afoot when """Moderator (shill)""" Duuring said that only the donors could see these """updates""". That's just like what Obama said about OBAMACARE. Something doesn't smell right. Real fishy.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 06, 2015, 11:40:15 am »
There have been various updates, screenshots and even videos showing melee in the Donator section.
retarded excuses are retarded.

FSE don't owe you anything, they owe the Donators something (kind of)

PR is meant precisely to appeal to those who the developer doesn't owe anything to ya autist
but Ill probably get the same tired excuse that FSE is sitting on fat stacks anyway cuz NW
so who needs new players
<3

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 06, 2015, 11:47:45 am »
When there's something to play i'm sure they'll let people know. I don't think FSE are like the normal Million Dollar Gaming companies who advertise/put out pre orders before a game is even finished/working.

Don't call me an Autist.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #603 on: December 06, 2015, 03:16:58 pm »
When there's something to play i'm sure they'll let people know. I don't think FSE are like the normal Million Dollar Gaming companies who advertise/put out pre orders before a game is even finished/working.

Don't call me an Autist.
Ban him Marks! That's a reasonable reaction!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #604 on: December 06, 2015, 05:25:12 pm »
at least warn him..... peasent

Offline LES IS MOREx

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2eDLG & Owner of Bush Wookie Gaming
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2eDLG]Mjr_LES_IS_MOREx
  • Side: Union
« Reply #605 on: December 07, 2015, 02:44:02 am »
Is there a need a for a kick-starter for this because quite frankly I think if we look at what we, the community, need to consider we can come to several conclusions:
1. BCoF seems to be lacking the PR that other games similar to it have.  I  am not saying that what has been happening hasn't been productive but none of us besides the devs have a clue where they stand and how long it will take. 
2. Its December now.  I would like to see some screenshots and or game play before I hit that donate button.  Be up to date on what is going on, this will help us, the community, know if we need to donate more.  We would like to feel that what we are supporting is actually going to happen and that progress is moving forward. Otherwise we will go on to other endeavors that have shown that they are getting results done. 

That's all thanks guys :)   

There is no need for a Kickstarter. The developers have enough financial capital to continue developing the game, mostly due to the money they made with Napoleonic Wars. At this point, donations are pretty much just a way to recruit people for the closed alpha and beta. The Devs don't want to awe you with screenshots, they want to develop and deliver a great game.
'

Funny cuz on the websight they said they didn't get much money from Nap wars and thats why they need donations ;)
Cant win if you dont play.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #606 on: December 07, 2015, 03:37:16 am »
Just wait for WoR's release date to be announced. BCoF will certainly release one day earlier.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #607 on: December 07, 2015, 05:23:57 am »
Most of the people whining about not seeing anything haven't donated. Donate, and see, or quit bitching. There has been quite a bit of stuff posted that shows the game is coming together nicely
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Physic58

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 07, 2015, 08:24:56 am »
The Great FSE Comment Wars have begun! The Confederacy of Taco Bell will emerge as the victor! Death to Del Taco Devils

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 07, 2015, 08:33:13 am »
The Great FSE Comment Wars have begun! The Confederacy of Taco Bell will emerge as the victor! Death to Del Taco Devils

You have yet to post anything worthwhile.
xD

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #610 on: December 07, 2015, 07:08:52 pm »
Is there a need a for a kick-starter for this because quite frankly I think if we look at what we, the community, need to consider we can come to several conclusions:
1. BCoF seems to be lacking the PR that other games similar to it have.  I  am not saying that what has been happening hasn't been productive but none of us besides the devs have a clue where they stand and how long it will take. 
2. Its December now.  I would like to see some screenshots and or game play before I hit that donate button.  Be up to date on what is going on, this will help us, the community, know if we need to donate more.  We would like to feel that what we are supporting is actually going to happen and that progress is moving forward. Otherwise we will go on to other endeavors that have shown that they are getting results done. 

We never wanted Kickstarter, and we most likely will not do a Kickstarter, as it is not necessarily needed.

1. As said numerous times before, we did not do any PR yet. We will do that when we think that the game is at a state that we can officially announce it to the public. The announcement and posts you have seen so far are just for the NW crowd. We will start a proper PR "campaign" when it is time for that.
2. We will post something when we think that we have something that is worth showing. For now we are still finishing the lats bits of the Alpha. Everything took longer than expected (Several years longer) but the game will come out eventually. We have the patience (and funds) for that, it would be nice if you also have the patience and put a little trust in us. We work very differently to anyone out there. The game is done when it is done.

There is no need for a Kickstarter. The developers have enough financial capital to continue developing the game, mostly due to the money they made with Napoleonic Wars. At this point, donations are pretty much just a way to recruit people for the closed alpha and beta. The Devs don't want to awe you with screenshots, they want to develop and deliver a great game.
'

Funny cuz on the websight they said they didn't get much money from Nap wars and thats why they need donations ;)

Yes, true. Back then we received almost no money from NW sales. Paradox took the largest amount of our sales and kept huge "reserves" of our money. But ever since Taleworlds and Paradox split , we actually get money from the game. Actually, this year has been the best year for us so far.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 07, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »
Spoiler

We never wanted Kickstarter, and we most likely will not do a Kickstarter, as it is not necessarily needed.

1. As said numerous times before, we did not do any PR yet. We will do that when we think that the game is at a state that we can officially announce it to the public. The announcement and posts you have seen so far are just for the NW crowd. We will start a proper PR "campaign" when it is time for that.
2. We will post something when we think that we have something that is worth showing. For now we are still finishing the lats bits of the Alpha. Everything took longer than expected (Several years longer) but the game will come out eventually. We have the patience (and funds) for that, it would be nice if you also have the patience and put a little trust in us. We work very differently to anyone out there. The game is done when it is done.

'

Yes, true. Back then we received almost no money from NW sales. Paradox took the largest amount of our sales and kept huge "reserves" of our money. But ever since Taleworlds and Paradox split , we actually get money from the game. Actually, this year has been the best year for us so far.
[close]
Amen.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 08, 2015, 10:06:07 am »
DLC* not game.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #613 on: December 08, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
Technically, DLC only means "Downlodable Content" sooo... Any digital game that you can download is a "DLC"

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 08, 2015, 04:22:55 pm »
DLC* not game.

BCoF is a DLC? For what?