Author Topic: Being ddosed on a constant basis  (Read 739 times)

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Being ddosed on a constant basis
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:04:33 am »
A user of the NW community has been ddosing me on and off for the past year. I have the user's ip and I know their ISP, I have tried contacting the ISP but they can't do shit or give me any contact information because of the "privacy agreement". I have tried several firewall and antivirus methods, all of which have not worked at all. I am not going to take it up with the authorities because I know that won't help at all. Any suggestions on how to put an end to this? Honestly I am desperate and I don't know anywhere else to go, google doesn't help much either at this point. Kind of annoying having internet but not being able to access any webpages or anything at all for that matter every fucking hour.
Thanks.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
  • Been playing this game for too damn long ;~;
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2teGarde]Fallout
  • Side: Union
Re: Being ddosed on a constant basis
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:16 am »
Change your internet, get a completely new computer and internet and to start from scratch, hide, give up, no clue dude ;~;  I'm not even close to being educated with what to do with this type of attack, but I do know it's nearly impossible to prevent.  So give up and gg eat some chips and cry ;_; but really not sure if you built a completely new computer and if you would get a new IP by doing that and getting a completely different internet.  No clue though I'm honestly just guessing so gl HF :C
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:24:17 am by Fallout »

Offline Humlenerd

• First Lieutenant
  • Why are you reading this and not my post?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JeanBaptiste
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Being ddosed on a constant basis
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:52:32 am »
Open netsh.exe and write something like "netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1". I'm not sure this will work, though. He may find your new IP through programs you're using(Skype, for example).

This makes your IP static, btw.

Read up on this before actually doing it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:55:57 am by Humlenerd »
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. - Thucydides