Author Topic: North American Community List-NaCl Reborn [Update 2.0: The NaCl Floweth]  (Read 144907 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Community List-NaCl Reborn [Update 2.0: The NaCl Floweth]
« Reply #1695 on: August 28, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »
well why don't you just say competitive and semi competitive

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #1696 on: August 28, 2018, 06:41:05 pm »
well why don't you just say competitive and semi competitive
We do. We also say Comp and Casual.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1697 on: August 28, 2018, 06:41:42 pm »
Hey, so serious question.  I would like to know the general community viewing of the 4th and myself as it's leader.  Not looking to start a banter fest in any way, I am just curious.  I may reply but don't take it in any way that is like "mad" and such I just am open to having civil discussion about the regiment from my perspective as well as yours and how they relate.  I'd prefer long replies similar to that one that was written for Irish about the 6te because it was informative.  Yknow, the one that Risk uses as his sig. 

Thanks guys. 

Spoiler
Just want to re-iterate that I am not looking to cause conflict, just an exchange of opinions and perspectives.  The title of being a "good leader" or running a "good regiment" doesn't mean very much to me since I left the scene a little over a year ago.  I do believe in my own opinion that I was a decent leader, likely better organizationally then I was on the battlefield but i was alright there too.  I felt the 4th was really good at times and not so good at others.  Very much lacked consistency.
[close]
the 4th was dust in the wind

The 4th spent 6 months going head to head with the best NA regiments at the time and beating most of them, coming in 3rd place in league 1 during the largest season of NANWL. Even when it came back for Season 7 and was pretty much a discount version of its former self it managed to remain credibly competitive.
3rd wow ok but lets look at the other regiments

Spoiler
4   15thCC   
5   IV Comp Line   
6   LIR   
7   22nd   
8   Moskov Grens (Withdrew)   
9   8th (Withdrew)
[close]

yeahhh....

largest =/= best and the 4th without godfreid is a slow death

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1698 on: August 29, 2018, 12:12:37 am »
Hey, so serious question.  I would like to know the general community viewing of the 4th and myself as it's leader.  Not looking to start a banter fest in any way, I am just curious.  I may reply but don't take it in any way that is like "mad" and such I just am open to having civil discussion about the regiment from my perspective as well as yours and how they relate.  I'd prefer long replies similar to that one that was written for Irish about the 6te because it was informative.  Yknow, the one that Risk uses as his sig. 

Thanks guys. 

Spoiler
Just want to re-iterate that I am not looking to cause conflict, just an exchange of opinions and perspectives.  The title of being a "good leader" or running a "good regiment" doesn't mean very much to me since I left the scene a little over a year ago.  I do believe in my own opinion that I was a decent leader, likely better organizationally then I was on the battlefield but i was alright there too.  I felt the 4th was really good at times and not so good at others.  Very much lacked consistency.
[close]
the 4th was dust in the wind

The 4th spent 6 months going head to head with the best NA regiments at the time and beating most of them, coming in 3rd place in league 1 during the largest season of NANWL. Even when it came back for Season 7 and was pretty much a discount version of its former self it managed to remain credibly competitive.
3rd wow ok but lets look at the other regiments

Spoiler
4   15thCC   
5   IV Comp Line   
6   LIR   
7   22nd   
8   Moskov Grens (Withdrew)   
9   8th (Withdrew)
[close]

yeahhh....

largest =/= best and the 4th without godfreid is a slow death

15thCC beat 71st and IV Comp line tied 63e, so let's not downplay them. Sure LIR and 22nd weren't that great, but PSG and 45e opted out of playing in league 1, and they stepped up. Coming in 3rd is actually a tremendous accomplishment, 4th started out pretty shaky, but we did regular practices and training to improve chemistry and individual skill and near the end of NANWL we managed to tie the 3eVolt (who before all that work walked over us 9-1). We even put up a better fight against them than the 2nd place regiment did during the playoffs.

Not saying 4th should be in a Hall of Fame or anything, but it's far from just "dust in the wind".

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1699 on: August 29, 2018, 12:17:44 am »
15thcc was actually a really weak regiment. They were good for like a week when they first formed and then they went downhill

The iv comp line were just a bunch of casul players with a random apoc and law thrown in
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:20:34 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: August 29, 2018, 12:23:45 am »
Is this an ego boosting session?

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 29, 2018, 12:50:06 am »
seems like it.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #1702 on: August 29, 2018, 01:35:19 am »
Not an ego boost session, all I asked was some perspective and maybe actual informative analysis because I was curious.

You guys still never fail to disappoint.  :)
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1703 on: August 29, 2018, 02:35:27 am »
who the heck is the 15thcc

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 29, 2018, 04:14:39 am »
15thcc was actually a really weak regiment. They were good for like a week when they first formed and then they went downhill

The iv comp line were just a bunch of casul players with a random apoc and law thrown in

who the heck is the 15thcc

In season 6 Lawrence and Alexander formed 54th which was a mix of competitive guys Alexander brought in and some casuals Lawrence brought in. Around round 6 of matches, Lawrence and his casuals wanted to go back to just being casual while Alexander wanted to keep competing, so he split along with the competitive players in the reg (himself, becker, kovy, some misc. 75th guys and I don't know the rest of their roster off the top) and they continued the season as 15thCC. They weren't by any means a bad regiment, just no long-term ambition. They lost to us (the 4th) and then lost to 63e in the playoffs and I believe disbanded after the season was over.

IV Comp line had veterans like Darkenmal, Darth, AP0C, Krastinov, Lawbringer, Airraidre etc. Some of them were unknowns, but it was like the best players from 3-4 regiments, and they were pretty good.

It isn't an ego-boosting session everytime someone talks about the accomplishments of their previous regiment.

Like I said, I wouldn't expect someone to put the 4th/98th in a HoF. But to call it something like "dust in the wind" when it was 3rd/2nd best reg NA for a solid 6 months (even best during its last couple months) is just wrong.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:53:55 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #1706 on: August 29, 2018, 05:21:26 am »
I stopped reading after Alexander and Lawrence

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 29, 2018, 06:08:26 am »
I stopped reading after Alexander and Lawrence

tl;dr 15thCC was a bunch of competitive players lead by Alexander.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1708 on: August 29, 2018, 06:30:40 am »
The IV was actually a pretty solid team.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #1709 on: August 29, 2018, 04:54:44 pm »
Meanwhile anything the 6te do is pure luck