Author Topic: Weird Telportation  (Read 1954 times)

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
Weird Telportation
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:51:31 pm »
Hey, I am experiencing a weird bug. Sometimes when I am playing, I see the players moving as usual, but then after like 10 seconds I have suddenly run 30 metres in a direction... I think the other players see me as just moving towards that way, but for me I am standing still then suddenly appearing another place..
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Mik_

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.24 Mik
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Weird Telportation
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »
Me as well, all servers are bad at the moment, I imagine Taleworlds are messing with something.

JackieChan

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:52:35 pm »
Well I am having huge lag problems atm too. My ping is normal most of the time, meaning 29, but it feels like I am playing with 80+ ping. Guys teleporting all over the place, animations not showing, delays and fraps lag. I get it all atm. Not sure what it is.

I have tried resetting the router, cleansing my PC, checking Hookups for internet, checking internet settings or Graphics settings, veryfying game cache and reinstalling the game. Nothing has worked so far. Also I have noticed it is only in MP, in Single Player everything is normal.

If anyone knows anything about this problem or has a suggestion as in how to fix it. Please enlighten me. ;)

Oh and I also tried Game Booster. Didn't help.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:00:37 pm by JackieChan »

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »
Chances are it's caused by temporary ping spikes. Ping spikes are (In general) much more disruptive to play with than just high ping - The spike between 20-odd ping and 200-odd causes desynch with the server, which it rectifies as your ping returns to normal, causing the teleportation you see as your client catches up with the data recieved from the server.

So aye, it's probably caused by the servers being a little bit iffy while you're playing (Though it could really be caused by anything from bad weather to someone else on your network making multiple, small-scale downloads, for instance if someone was downloading a Spotify playlist the spikes would occur every time a new song began to download).
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »
It's happening to me too, I really hate rubberbanding, although sometimes it's useful in melee ;)

JackieChan

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »
Chances are it's caused by temporary ping spikes. Ping spikes are (In general) much more disruptive to play with than just high ping - The spike between 20-odd ping and 200-odd causes desynch with the server, which it rectifies as your ping returns to normal, causing the teleportation you see as your client catches up with the data recieved from the server.

So aye, it's probably caused by the servers being a little bit iffy while you're playing (Though it could really be caused by anything from bad weather to someone else on your network making multiple, small-scale downloads, for instance if someone was downloading a Spotify playlist the spikes would occur every time a new song began to download).
I suppose you were referring to The Norseman. Any hint for my problem, mine is consistent. Not one teleport every once in a while but constant delays etc. As soon as I enter a game I lag the entire time. This can't be due to those minimal things happening and I never had something like this before.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:08 pm »
Oh, aye, sorry I was addressing Norseman's issue. I'm not sure what might be causing yours I'm afraid, I've never encountered that issue myself. Sorry  :-\
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

JackieChan

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:38 pm »
Oh, aye, sorry I was addressing Norseman's issue. I'm not sure what might be causing yours I'm afraid, I've never encountered that issue myself. Sorry  :-\
No problem. I suppose I should open my own thread if I want answers anyways. :P

Offline Ryan1

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Scott_Roderick
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »
its something to do with your ping