Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Titles  (Read 1979 times)

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9y[LG]_ZeppelinPanda
  • Side: Neutral
Grand Theft Auto Titles
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:17:08 pm »
This series never fails to amaze me. I've personally spent over 200 hours in Vice City and over 500 hours in San Andreas. I remember as a child, I would spend my Summers in rural Russia in a log cabin out near a forest away from civilization. My cousin (a year my elder) would often stay with us, and essentially what we did was just game all day on a shitty box computer. The game we played most was Gta San Andreas (which at the time was the absolute best game ever). Since internet in Russia (outside of Moscow) is pretty uncommon, cheat codes were passed on like a bible of sorts through pieces of paper. Those were the days, playing GTA and other pc games, sega genesis, traditional Russian food, our wooden spa, swimming in the local lake, berry hunts in the forest, outhouses, and lots and lots of fun. San Andreas and Vice City will always be my favorites not only because they're much better gameplay wise than others in the series, but also because of the Nostalgia that comes with them.

Also, the latest GTA looked good but was too serious and lacked planes. Honestly the same city gets boring after a while anyway, especially a city like New York.

What's your favorite GTA?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:21:40 pm by LedZepp1109 »

Offline Hugues

• Sergeant
  • A gentleman never tells...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hugues
  • Side: Union
Re: Grand Theft Auto Titles
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:28:47 pm »
Also, the latest GTA looked good but was too serious and lacked planes. Honestly the same city gets boring after a while anyway, especially a city like New York.
The latest GTA is GTA V which looks utterly unbelievably good and features planes with a unique storyline. Not released yet however.

My favourite GTA game so far has to be San Andreas though - mainly because of SA-MP, the times spent role-playing on that were great! Red County Roleplay :)
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Paradox Demi-Moderator

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 12:13:22 am »

Offline majorbruno

• Sergeant Major
  • I do not believe in security password
    • View Profile
    • Battle Cry of Freedom
  • Nick: Major
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 04:08:46 am »
I spent my life playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
how sad
"My greatness does not consist in not ever having fallen, but in getting up forever."

Regras/Normas

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:41 am »
I still can't praise Vice City enough for its sheer athmosphere, San Andreas had amazing gameplay.

Looking forward to the new one although im a bit reserved, although the Stevie Wonder song in the trailer somehow makes it more promising for me.

“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline majorbruno

• Sergeant Major
  • I do not believe in security password
    • View Profile
    • Battle Cry of Freedom
  • Nick: Major
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 03:58:38 pm »
it is best to Grand Theft Auto IV
"My greatness does not consist in not ever having fallen, but in getting up forever."

Regras/Normas