16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983612 times)

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #3615 on: January 04, 2014, 01:21:21 am »
I sense a political discussion coming on...

And I don't like it.

Meanwhile... Romania would be neat, but the fact that they were practically smashed and knocked out of the war right after joining doesn't speak well for them. Bulgaria or the Ottomans would be my choice.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
« Reply #3616 on: January 04, 2014, 01:35:45 am »
I sense a political discussion coming on...

And I don't like it.

Meanwhile... Romania would be neat, but the fact that they were practically smashed and knocked out of the war right after joining doesn't speak well for them. Bulgaria or the Ottomans would be my choice.

Bulgaria would be cool or another Balkan country for that matter.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: January 04, 2014, 01:42:54 am »
Mexico
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3618 on: January 04, 2014, 01:44:12 am »

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3619 on: January 04, 2014, 01:51:02 am »
Why not Serbia :p I want to remove kebab

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #3620 on: January 04, 2014, 02:34:25 am »
Why not Vanuatu or Tuvalu?

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 04, 2014, 02:36:00 am »
I agree on what Noodlenrice said - France, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Italy and Great Britain would be the wisest choice of factions. That would already cover most of the playerbase of the mod... Or at least most will get a faction they'd like to play.

There's also a possibility of adding the Russian Expedition Corps as a unit to France, and maybe some other foreign units can be added as well in a similar fashion without actually making a separate faction.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #3622 on: January 04, 2014, 02:41:50 am »
3 options about the 3 additional nations should be:

Option 1: United Kingdom (because of its big role on the western front), Österreich-Ungarn (as the biggest ally of Germany and the big role in the campaigns in norther Italy) & Italia (people everytime forgetting about the front in Italy)

Option 2: United Kingdom (because of its role on the western front & Gallipoli), Ottoman Empire (Gallipoli and to represent the asian front), Russian Empire (they fought against Germany and Ottoman Empire, so very important here)

Option 3: United Kingdom, USA, Russian Empire (simple: all the major powers of that period would be in. Tough I don't like the fact USA would be in, because they had nearly the same equipment as UK and joined the War really late)

So basically, UK should be in. That's out of the question.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #3623 on: January 04, 2014, 02:56:43 am »
As I've said before, I think it'd be smart to just add US Army infantry as a class to either France or Britain or both. Same thing as Canadians and ANZAC to the Commonwealth faction.

The Austro-Hungarians have so much in variation equipment and uniform-wise to the Germans that I think they deserve their own faction. Same goes for the Russians and Italians.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #3624 on: January 04, 2014, 03:18:46 am »
As I've said before, I think it'd be smart to just add US Army infantry as a class to either France or Britain or both. Same thing as Canadians and ANZAC to the Commonwealth faction.

The Austro-Hungarians have so much in variation equipment and uniform-wise to the Germans that I think they deserve their own faction. Same goes for the Russians and Italians.

US would seem awkward within the British faction, I would go with Indian Sepoys and ANZAC.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
« Reply #3625 on: January 04, 2014, 03:22:11 am »
Belgium

That makes barely any more sense then Montenegro.
Romainia
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania_during_World_War_I
Yes!!! Now as Romanians we must get the others to agree.
Only read if romanian
Veniti in spre mine si regimentul meu hehe :P
[close]

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3626 on: January 04, 2014, 03:34:31 am »
the mighty nation of Brazil must be added! 

Let loose the mighty war cry: HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #3627 on: January 04, 2014, 03:52:46 am »

Option 3: United Kingdom, USA, Russian Empire (simple: all the major powers of that period would be in. Tough I don't like the fact USA would be in, because they had nearly the same equipment as UK and joined the War really late)

The mod is set in 1916 a year before the Americans joined the war.So on that point I could safely say the USA will have no participation in this mod

Offline crazy8headshot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 82nd_Col_crazy8headshot
« Reply #3628 on: January 04, 2014, 04:04:43 am »

The mod is set in 1916 a year before the Americans joined the war.So on that point I could safely say the USA will have no participation in this mod
I would say they can join anyway because I think America wasn't part of ww1 for long but we gave our allies supplies bullets and I think that we should join in the fun also. What I think this should happen is that because America joined the war I think France should be the main faction but France can have British classes, French classes, and American classes of soldiers. Now for Germany I think only German forces and Austria-Hungry forces should only be in the faction of the German Empire. What do you guys think of my idea, I know that this idea isn't smart or good but this is a mod not a video game.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:08:01 am by crazy8headshot »
"All The Way"
82nd Airborne Motto

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #3629 on: January 04, 2014, 04:08:18 am »

I would say they can join anyway because I think America wasn't part of ww1 for long but we gave our allies supplies bullets and I think that we should join in the fun also. What I think this should happen is that because America joined the war I think France should be the main faction but France can have British classes, French classes, and American classes of soldiers. Now for Germany I think only German forces and Austria-Hungry forces should only be in the faction of the German Empire. What do you guys think of my idea, I know that this idea isn't smart or good but this is a mod not a game.
That's the most complicated idea 2014 and I don't think they will do that when they only have France and German units.So no I don't think that will work