Author Topic: 54th Thursday Siege Event [NA]  (Read 2876 times)

Offline vinago

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th[Cpt]Vinago
  • Side: Neutral
54th Thursday Siege Event [NA]
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:24:43 pm »
54th Regiment of Foot Thursday Siege Event [NA]

The 54th "West Norfolk" Regiment of foot is proud to announce it's new Thursday Siege event. This event will be hosted every other Thursday at 8pm EST, which means with the the first event being May 8th, the next time this event will be hosted is May 22nd. The event will be hosted on 54th_Official at 8pm EST. We will have a quick meeting with regimental leaders at 745 EST on the 54th's teamspeak: ts31.gameservers.com:9292 before the event begins to get a confirmation of attendance and positions. Their will be two 20 minute rounds, if time permits we will do two more rounds on a new map but we will not start a new round past 9pm EST. The event official ends at 9pm EST.

If enough regiments sign up and wish it we will change this to a weekly event!

When: Every other Thursday starting May 8th at 8pm EST
Where: 54th_Official

Rules:

General:

1. No trolling.
2. Do not rambo.
3. Do not spam global chat.
4. Do not team hit/team kill intentionally, this will result in a ban.
5. Listen and obey the admins.
6. Rounds will be 20 minutes.
7. Defenders will have 5 lives.
8. Regimental leaders are responsible for their men.

Line Infantry:

1. 8 men minimum are needed to sign up.
2. A line may not spread out unless inside the fort.
3. Once inside the fort attackers may break formation.
4. If you have 3 men or less, join a friendly line.
5. Defenders must man the walls in sections of 5+ men.
6. Attackers must leave spawn in lines of 5+ men.
7. Each regiment gets one sapper.
8. Build points will be set at 600 for each team.
9. Defenders can not sally out of the fort.
10. Crouching is allowed for both defenders and attackers.

Artillery:

1. 4 men minimum are needed to sign up.
2. 10 men maximum are allowed on the field.
3. Attacking Artillery regiment can use 2 cannons and one Howitzer/Mortar.
4. Defending Artillery regiment can use 4 cannons on the walls.
5. No rocket artillery.

To apply please fill this form out in the thread and then add me on steam. Vinago [54th]
Spoiler
Regiment name:
Leader's name and steam:
Approx. number of men attending:
Will you obey all the rules:
[close]

Regiments attending :
Spoiler
54th "West Norfolk" Regiment of Foot -- 30-40
[close]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:38:29 am by vinago »

Offline vinago

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: 54th Tuesday Siege Event [NA]
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »
Reserved

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:55:43 pm »
Can't Wait

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:16:24 pm »
Good Luck. The IX corps has been looking for a Saturday siege for a while. If the event ever transitions to that day I bet  allot of guys would be interested.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline vinago

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:22:12 am »
So, a question. Does the NA community dislike Siege events or is it how this event is presented? From what I can tell, there are no current siege events being hosted within the NA community, unless I have completely overlooked them. I am seriously curious if there is just no interest in Siege events in the NA community, the day is just bad for a lot of regiments, or if you have disagreements with the rule set presented. Please I would like to see some siege event hosted and would appreciate any feedback given.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:28:52 am »
1) Its on a Tuesday which happens to be a busy day for people both in terms of regiments and real life.

2) I think people just don't like siege anymore, the lag/bugs it causes for some people has caused it to have a decline in interest.

3) I think the last siege that was hosted was by the 3eVolt on a Saturday, don't know if its still going on

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 04:20:31 am »
So, a question. Does the NA community dislike Siege events or is it how this event is presented? From what I can tell, there are no current siege events being hosted within the NA community, unless I have completely overlooked them. I am seriously curious if there is just no interest in Siege events in the NA community, the day is just bad for a lot of regiments, or if you have disagreements with the rule set presented. Please I would like to see some siege event hosted and would appreciate any feedback given.
For one thing, a Tues is not that great of a day considering a lot of "good" regiments already have events like Grimsight's 7NA Tuesday linebattle. So maybe if you rescheduled this event to say a Wednesday, Saturday or even Sunday I could see more regiments attending (Including the 40th). As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the rules or the thread. One thing I have noticed however, is that regiments tend to get bored of seiges hosted weekly. This happened with Grimsight's Saturday seige. I think something you could do to prevent this is to host this event bi-weekly. Anyway, this looks like a pretty cool event...good luck!

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 04:29:38 am »

Personally I like siege, but it does tend to get old after a while using the same maps, along with extreme lagg.  So as long as you have a solid hardly laggy server/ and a nice map rotation (maybe some good good custom ones like the 15th eu have) then people would be interested?  Another fun thing would be conquest like the 92nd used to/still do, those were damn fun

Offline RisingSun_

• First Lieutenant
  • Mhhm Hum It's Jesus | Sweeeeg
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JEEESUS
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 04:31:22 am »
Good Luck Vinago! Sadly 22e has a Tuesday event already. D:

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 08:08:52 am »
No regiments do not hate sieges as a whole. I would say useing a variety of maps would add allot of flavor. I have never been in a siege event that has not lagged but the best server possible would hep allot. I think a weekend event could attract many of the respectable groups in the community.

If I was to say one more thing its make sure the artillery on both teams knows what it's doing. Nothing can ruin a round more than incompetent artillery.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 09:11:09 am »
No regiments do not hate sieges as a whole. I would say useing a variety of maps would add allot of flavor. I have never been in a siege event that has not lagged but the best server possible would hep allot. I think a weekend event could attract many of the respectable groups in the community.

If I was to say one more thing its make sure the artillery on both teams knows what it's doing. Nothing can ruin a round more than incompetent artillery.

Well the plan is to keep the attendance underneath 125 players as much as we can to give the server some breathing room. Plus it wont over crowd the maps. But If the server performs well with that we may bump it up another 25 players. But 150 is as high as we will go on that.

This has been officially moved to Saturdays now.

Personally I like siege, but it does tend to get old after a while using the same maps, along with extreme lagg.  So as long as you have a solid hardly laggy server/ and a nice map rotation (maybe some good good custom ones like the 15th eu have) then people would be interested?  Another fun thing would be conquest like the 92nd used to/still do, those were damn fun

I love conquest as well, Karth. Especially when you run it right where regiments are required to spawn out of their home location and can move out in lines of 5-7 or more. Makes it fun and takes some cordination to win. Sadly the community has no interest in it from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:13:15 am by The Becker »

Offline vinago

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: 54th Thursday Siege Event [NA]
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 07:40:03 am »
Updated! I appreciate all of the feedback and now this event will be hosted on Thursdays!

Offline RisingSun_

• First Lieutenant
  • Mhhm Hum It's Jesus | Sweeeeg
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JEEESUS
Re: 54th Thursday Siege Event [NA]
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 09:21:33 am »
Might sign the 22e up for this :D

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile