Author Topic: X Rebirth  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
X Rebirth
« on: August 20, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
While Star Citizen is looking sweet as, if you need something to tie you over come November in the space sim genre then you can try X Rebirth, looks kinda promising:

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/info_en.php

[youtube]eNs1rdSkUi8[/youtube]
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
  • Side: Union
Re: X Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:28:15 pm »
Interesting...

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »
Lol I love both games.

I've been waiting for X Rebirth for 4 years, getting that and Star Citizen. I was thinking about making a thread for it aswell  :P.

I can say from experience that the X series is incredibly hard to master, but is the most rewarding game series in existence, I assure you. If you're a dumb brute that likes quick-clickfests like CoD only and hates everything that requires an ounce of intelligence, this is not for you.

The game has been in development for 7 years. If that doesn't give you a scale of how massive this game is, for a small German dev team, then god help you.

#GoodQualityOnlyInGermany
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:32:13 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:46:45 am »
Yeah I was quite excited about being able to land on capital ships and walking around inside of them and doing the same on space stations. I just hope the interiors are not all the same etc. It would be epic if you could walk around the whole ship like in Star Citizen.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Reginald Schneider

• Brigadier General
  • Can't stop a <snip>
    • View Profile
    • GunZo and Regi
  • Nick: 60th_Cpt_<snip>
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:07 am »
I still don't quite understand X Rebirth and Star Citizen (even though I am VERY hyped for them anyway). What are the goals? How much of the world is instance-based? etc.
god of memes
#RaceTo1000 https://i.imgur.com/sQrpb6d.jpg

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:24 am »
Don't think they offer that  :(. The character animations are also a bit lack-luste, but this game does not fail to deliver when it comes to space combat. Which is what the game is about! You can land on the Cap Ships, as you said, but it is very limited compared to Star Citizen. X Rebirth, however, allows you to manage a huge Empire - while Star Citizen does not (Without massive player cooperation on an unprecedented scale). Probably 10/15000 people in a clan would be needed. And even they in a Universe of 20 million or so players/Ai's at once barely make a difference at all.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 01:12:31 am »
Sorry for double post, but Star Citizen is centered (Not entirely though) around the online aspects of space sims. X Rebirth is a hardcore singleplayer only thing.

So in terms of instancing, there is none of that in X Rebirth and the battles have no limit in size unlike Star Citizen (You could have dozens of cap ships and hundreds of fighters with little lag, due to the way they have optimised the game cleverly. It now only supports 64bit - huzzah!), while on Star Citizen the player cap will be 100 or so players per instance, which inevitably means less ships.

X Rebirth provides a lot of fun and very engaging plots, that give you things like a Player HQ, special/prototype ships, which lets you build your own ships and outfit them etc. While Star Citizen has one campaign (On release, there will be more) that gives you some credits and MAY, depending how well you do, give you citizenship in the game's universe - which gives other benefits.

Other than that, they are both do whatever the hell you feel like games, with a lot of content and potential.

EDIT: Gonna preorder X Rebirth tomorrow, yay. Can't wait for the Star Citizen hanger module in 3 days either. This has been a great year for the sci-fi genre.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:19:06 am by El_Presidente »

• Brigadier General
  • Can't stop a <snip>
    • View Profile
    • GunZo and Regi
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 01:28:43 am »
They both look so good, although Star Citizen looks like it has the better graphics. Let's hope the ridiculous micro-transactions don't ruin it. as for X-Rebirth, the whole fast travel system kinda puts me off the game, I think there should be more travel and exploration in your swag-as-fuck spaceship.
god of memes

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 06:52:29 pm »
There is a lot of exploration o;o, you can drop out of those highways anywhere you want in the universe. But yeah, I imagine Star Citizen will be much more rewarding on that front - but who knows  ;).

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 07:26:20 pm »
IT'S OUT OMG I DOWNLOADING IT NOWNOW NOWNOWNOWNOW YES YES BETTER NOT BE SHIT

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 02:04:28 pm »
On the same thread in TW there is bad news in regards to this game...

Spoiler

[close]

• Brigadier General
  • Can't stop a <snip>
    • View Profile
    • GunZo and Regi
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »
It seemed a but suspicious that there were no reviews for it even the day before it's release.

A quote from a metacritic user:
As a gamer from the 80's brought up on Elite I was very excited about X Rebirth and today shelled out £40 which I now wish I had given to a hoomeless person and watched him/her walk into an off licence and buy some spirits and then tell me to p*** off, I would have felt so much better.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:14:08 pm by Reginald Schneider »
god of memes

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »
So is anyone having any fun with this game at all? The boarding/landings looked a bit lame from what I could see of videos but I didn't look at many... what are the disappointments vs the good points in this game?
Spoiler

[close]

Offline The Respected Man

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The_Respected_Man
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 04:40:26 pm »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:44:23 pm by The Respected Man »

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »
Aye they dumbed it down a lot - for scrubs that can't play complex games. I'm not entirely sure what they removed from the game as it's quite buggy (But this is to be expected).

Advantages

1. Engine is amazing, graphics equally amazing. Engine is 10/10 in this game. They should use it to make their next title.
2. The station architecture Is pretty amazing.
3. The campaign is quite engaging (Very buggy ATM though).
4. Hardpoints allow for nice customisation on Stations and Capital Ships.

Disadvantages

1. Universe is big but feels small. There are 4 (MAYBE) 5 star systems in the game than in total explorable area are massive but actually feel quite small overall.
2. AI is dumb as fuck. They will patch the AI however.
3. They removed (As far as I can tell) almost all fleet management options - I can't verify this though because I have little experience with the game so far.
4. They lied I believe about the persistent economy - it's difficult to tell whether it's all simulated or a pile of horse shit.
5. They removed the much loved sector trader (I think). But, trade from your own stations can still be automated.

I could write more, but I need to play more first. Some of my answers were already speculation!