Author Topic: Hussars Cup EU (Started)  (Read 15550 times)

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hussars Cup EU (Started)
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2018, 10:02:25 pm »
4e - killing competition since 2015

Congratz 4e!

Spoiler
CNC when?
[close]
What he said.

Congrats 4e!

Offline Cage

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Nick: Former 8th Cpt.
  • Side: Union
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2018, 10:03:23 pm »
gg friends!! at 3-4 erik bribed me to lose so this is why!!!!!!

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:40 pm »
No strip tease from Cage unfortunately.

Well played 8th :) & Thankyou for hosting the tournament Nytek.

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2018, 10:11:44 pm »
THE 8th HAS WON THE TOURNAMNENT

PROBS
PROBS
!!

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2018, 10:24:26 pm »
GG, I enjoyed watching that match almost as much as I enjoyed watching this:

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2018, 10:25:17 pm »
The match was a pleasure to cast, would have been cool to have an EU commentary too cause this kind of intensity definitely deserved a stream everyone can watch and understand.

Congratz to the 4e for yet another title and huge props to the 8th for putting up one hell of a fight.

Big thanks to Nytek also, for taking the time to organize that competition. I think it was a good idea to make it hussars only for that edition but in future, I'd find it cool to allow heavy cavalries to partake as well. Not sure everyone will agree but from my perspective, the community is not as active as it used to be (even though 20v20 tonight was great to see!!) and it's never a positive thing to have one or two regiments sitting out because you are forcing to play a class which is not theirs.

I understand the issue is a bit more complex than what it seems though. I am just throwing this out there, not like I am relevant to that matter and maybe it is not the time/place to discuss it.

Hope everyone had fun!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:31:34 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Cage

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Nick: Former 8th Cpt.
  • Side: Union
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2018, 10:26:59 pm »

erik obviously didnt want it to happen, which i find HIGHLY UNLIKELY

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2018, 10:46:01 pm »
GG to the 4e was a fun and intense game today, I had alotta fun with this match and tournament overall :)

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2018, 10:56:52 pm »
First of all a huge huge congrats to the 8th for the fight they put up tonight, and for the overall progression they've shown since they formed up. They became one of the best cavalry regiments, not only of recent times, but of the whole history of this game. I'm glad the final was against them tonight and it truly lived up to its expectation.

A huge thanks to Nytek for hosting this Cup. I thought this tournament was very fun and enjoyable. I like the single-elimination format, it always brings amazing tournaments. Everyone got into the league-system a bit too much imo, it's always great to have shorter, more intense competitions like this cup. Thanks again for it.

Looking forward to more entertaining competition, hopefully pretty soon. :)

gg friends!! at 3-4 erik bribed me to lose so this is why!!!!!!

true

erik obviously didnt want it to happen

untrue
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2018, 11:55:35 am »
I like the single-elimination format, it always brings amazing tournaments. Everyone got into the league-system a bit too much imo, it's always great to have shorter, more intense competitions like this cup. Thanks again for it.

Disagreed here. First of all, what do you mean by "shorter and more intense", this competition surely took a while and had maybe 2-3 tense matches, with very long intervals in-between.

Regiments disbanding/leaving + single elimination format = ruined tournament. League system works like insurance if the pool of participants changes when it's too late to make adjustments. In case of single elimination, there's not much you can do. Hence such oddities as, for example, my regiment entering the competition in semi-finals. We didn't play good enough to realize this scenario, but it still meant that the "cup" could have been won by a regiment that played merely two matches in its last stage. This shouldn't be an option, even technically.

Only bottom half of the 1st bracket went relatively smooth, with majority of the matches actually taking place. So only host's regiment enjoyed a wholesome tournament experience, which makes him look like kind of guy who invites people to a tea party and then pours a full cup of herbal delight only for himself, NOT vErY_nIcE!!!!

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:42 pm »
I like the single-elimination format, it always brings amazing tournaments. Everyone got into the league-system a bit too much imo, it's always great to have shorter, more intense competitions like this cup. Thanks again for it.

Disagreed here. First of all, what do you mean by "shorter and more intense", this competition surely took a while and had maybe 2-3 tense matches, with very long intervals in-between.

Regiments disbanding/leaving + single elimination format = ruined tournament. League system works like insurance if the pool of participants changes when it's too late to make adjustments. In case of single elimination, there's not much you can do. Hence such oddities as, for example, my regiment entering the competition in semi-finals. We didn't play good enough to realize this scenario, but it still meant that the "cup" could have been won by a regiment that played merely two matches in its last stage. This shouldn't be an option, even technically.

Only bottom half of the 1st bracket went relatively smooth, with majority of the matches actually taking place. So only host's regiment enjoyed a wholesome tournament experience, which makes him look like kind of guy who invites people to a tea party and then pours a full cup of herbal delight only for himself, NOT vErY_nIcE!!!!

Rasti u left the pic of a cat crying.. why u dont like a single tournament that ppl organize? maybe u should have to organize one with ur rules or something.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2018, 12:51:59 pm »
Rasti u left the pic of a cat crying.. why u dont like a single tournament that ppl organize? maybe u should have to organize one with ur rules or something.

What do u mean I don't like a single tournament ppl organize, I loved last CNWL - was enjoyable, fair and the best regiment won. And for your information, I did host a tournament in the past (it was before you learned to press "W"), one which has later served as a model for Cavalry_Groupfighting 5v5 tournament cycle.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2018, 01:46:50 pm »

What do u mean I don't like a single tournament ppl organize, I loved last CNWL - was enjoyable, fair and the best regiment won. And for your information, I did host a tournament in the past (it was before you learned to press "W"), one which has later served as a model for Cavalry_Groupfighting 5v5 tournament cycle.

Spoiler
[close]

So u like when u win, but u dont like when u lose.. sounds interesting. And idk how to press W yet, im learning slowly :-\

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »

So u like when u win, but u dont like when u lose.. sounds interesting.

Not quite that, I'm sure if you read my post ~10 times more, you'll see that it actually says what aspects of Nytek's tournament I disliked. If you have good arguments why a tournament in which some regiments play their first match four weeks after it starts, in which the 2nd bracket is played out before all teams have a chance to qualify for it is a good one, please, share them.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:03:15 pm by Rastignac »

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2018, 07:07:46 pm »

The competition took like 3 extra weeks for the semi-finals and the final so both sides could bring their strongest team. For some it is also a busier time of year, it's not just the format of the tournaments fault for those delays. For me personally I would rather see 2 top quality teams bringing their all to a fight if it extends the tournament instead of 1 team easily destroying the other due to a lack of key players and so forth, also more fun to watch. I enjoyed the league format of the CNWL but it did still take quite a while to finish. This tournament did take longer than expected and some regiments leaving was unfortunate but it did provide some great competitive matches and I think that's what matters the most. I do think the league format would work better in the future though.

With regards to the 8th having a fun wholesome tournament experience, it certainly was but remember the brackets were random so the lack of matches for some regiments could've happened to us as well. It was mainly just unfortunate.