Author Topic: nope  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
  • Side: Neutral
Re: All colonels in a line, one officer leads :p
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 05:11:26 am »
Trust me, it would be the opposite of disciplined. You would have a bunch people whining and talking out of PTS, and probably getting annoyed at small things that they aren't used to dealing with. Once you've had a run at leading it's hard to go back, even for a single match.

I don't think that's entirely true. I like playing rounds where I'm not leading so I can just run around aiming the pointy bit of my bayonet at the enemy

this is a first i'm with Easy i like to run around and point at stuff and shoot the birds

Which is probably why the 42nd is so bad at shooting.  :-*

ahh well umm *runs away*

Lets not, because some regiments dont have "Colonels."

They have Field Marshal to lead a regiment.

Im a marshal so i outrank colonels (he he huuhh bigger ranker less work to do isnt that how it works)
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 05:55:33 am »
wat is PTS, that's for noobs
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 05:57:37 am »
wat is PTS, that's for noobs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 08:44:25 am »
Lets not, because some regiments dont have "Colonels."

They have Field Marshal to lead a regiment.

I'm a Marshal and I'm second in command. =\
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 09:30:10 am »
Colonels, Marshals etc. That pretend they're better than me (and everyone else) because of their rank really piss me off. And it's usually the ones in shitty little regiments. Then, when I explain that even though I'm a captain, I could get 25-30 people into an LB at a moment's notice, usually followed by killing their entire regiment, they usually shut up.

Offline Jaginun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jaginun
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:02 am »
It would be amusing to see the entire line forget to go ranker, so you end up with a line of officers, all telescoping around and trying to get 'their' line to reform.

I would imagine it would be similar to the monty python sketch with the island of interviewe presenters.

EDIT: Here we go

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cn8Pua5rhj4[/youtube]
[close]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:58:04 am by Jaginun »

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 09:42:28 am »
Colonels, Marshals etc. That pretend they're better than me (and everyone else) because of their rank really piss me off. And it's usually the ones in shitty little regiments. Then, when I explain that even though I'm a captain, I could get 25-30 people into an LB at a moment's notice, usually followed by killing their entire regiment, they usually shut up.

Yea the col rank kinda annoys me because for the size of most regiments a captain is more historically accurate unless you have multiple full detachments like 77y

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »

Yea the col rank kinda annoys me because for the size of most regiments a captain is more historically accurate unless you have multiple full detachments like 77y

If we were to go on actual sizes, a small regiment would be led by a Sergeant, a medium sized one by a Second Lieutenant and a large one possibly by a First Lieutenant. If you Bring 100 guys to battle you could be a Captain.

I like being a ranker again because i'm so gud at making Anti-Aircraft batteries against those pesky birds.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

Althalus i completely agree with you the only reason i call myself a marshal is because i handed over the leadership of the 42nd to Celtic i didnt have the time to lead and organise. im pretty much just a consultant to the 42nd, Celtic does all the work but if he has a problem he asks what i would do or asks my opinion on officer promotions thats it. Im not a full time member and cant be so i gave myself a stupid rank to be not taken seriously. 42nd only has a Cpt as its head officer as we cant be fucked with colonels ect they are to high think themselves a little to mighty, there are some exceptions to this. i give more respect personally to regiments lead by Captains :) 
this goes back to the main point this means colonels/captains/marhsals/officers wouldnt take this seriously xD Then again one of the 42nd Lt's is constantly telling me off and i respect him and do as im told as he has the experience and he's the only one who knows the proper commands of the 42nd and he is a Fin... they managed to fight the russians and win im not gonna argue :D

also a good topic/forum page with a nice discussion :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:04:08 pm by Rackio »
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »

Althalus i completely agree with you the only reason i call myself a marshal is because i handed over the leadership of the 42nd to Celtic i didnt have the time to lead and organise. im pretty much just a consultant to the 42nd, Celtic does all the work but if he has a problem he asks what i would do or asks my opinion on officer promotions thats it. Im not a full time member and cant be so i gave myself a stupid rank to be not taken seriously. 42nd only has a Cpt as its head officer as we cant be fucked with colonels ect they are to high think themselves a little to mighty, there are some exceptions to this. i give more respect personally to regiments lead by Captains :) 
this goes back to the main point this means colonels/captains/marhsals/officers wouldnt take this seriously xD Then again one of the 42nd Lt's is constantly telling me off and i respect him and do as im told as he has the experience and he's the only one who knows the proper commands of the 42nd and he is a Fin... they managed to fight the russians and win im not gonna argue :D

I respect that, the 42nd is rather large. However, a marshal with 5 guys.......................................................................................

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »

:-*

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »
Best Col's come from beening a ranker or beening voted into the postion, so the col's line would come down to whos head is bigger to lead it

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »
i went from ranker through all the ranks to become a leader. recruit upwards

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »
i went from ranker through all the ranks to become a leader. recruit upwards

Lucky you, I've only been Recruit, Private, Regular, Lieutenant and Captain in my time playing NW :(

Offline Oakenshield

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »
One problem though, all the colonels will want to be the ones leading  the line :P