Author Topic: To Leaders - How did you come about leading?  (Read 11774 times)

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
Re: To Leaders - How did you come about leading?
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2013, 08:39:50 am »
I led the 01st for a short spell a few months back. Officially, I didn't, but Lightningsnow went on hiatus about three weeks before he told me he needed a hiatus and took his second-in-command with him. The majority of the 01st were trolls and dunderheads during linebattles, which made my getting promoted fairly easy despite the fact that Dan Quayle is a better recruiter than I am. Eventually, they all left to form their own regiments, probably because I was starting to commandeer the place and they knew as well as I did that I was going to end up banning them all from the TS if I actually did take over the 01st permanently, which left me and perhaps two others. Neither of whom were particularly reliable attendees. So I would lead my little line that would consist of three or four mercenaries out of the 27th Rifles (ended up sort of an exchange program - I did all their events as a merc, so Newkirk brought a few over to merc for me) and maybe two or three actual 01st.

This is why JD mocks my NW experience every time I venture onto the Pub TS.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Albert Eisenberg

• Sergeant Major
  • That Weirdo Doe
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2te[RB]Obst_Albert_Eisenberg
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2013, 09:13:53 am »
Well, I was in Audiate's 93rd for a while, and then he disbanded it, so I made the 2nd Bavarian. :P

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »
After seeing the "battle ground 2" lines battles I stumbled upon Napo Wars DLC for warband and made my way in the community of NA_1, join the 11te which was a very small unit then they merged into the 7th UvL or some thing, With being left out in the cold. I went back to NA_1, from there I join the RGJ were I was good ranker for 6 months. They picked me to help while my company commander was busy with real life affairs, slowly I saw and learned how this whole regimental gaming thing was run. Once they picked me to become a officer(for another 4 months) I got more into the tactics of leading, I also felt as a commander getting input from my men was very important so I started holding company meetings were anyone could talk about anything. As time passed by my idea's on how rankers should be treated had drifted from the RGJ leadership group, Then the founder came back and ill leave it at that. Seening that High command didn't see things the way I did and I didn't like the way my guys were being treated.

I made the [EJFH] for the guys that liked hang out with me and the few that didn't like the way they were being treated. I run a loose group were don't us pts or tell ppl to shut up. Being a leader of the regiment I find u deal with ppl trying to press your button's (trolls) or ppl trying to under mind u. Lucky for me im a grown man that doesn't take himself seriously :D.

oh yea I changed the name to ~[FH]~ hoping ppl don't thinking was totally self absorbed with my regiments name.

I hope this answers your question Sir Audiate :)

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »
I started playing nw about a year and a half ago with a regiment that I was kicked from because the leader hated me because I attempted to defend an officer that was got banned right before i was. Then i kinda stopped playing until early august when I joined a regiment called the Nr. 13 It lasted for a month and a half and i went from recruit to lieutenant (idk how).  Then  it disbanded and a couple of guys and I reformed it and renamed it to 1stSaintPetersburgGuard.  I was a sergeant because we lowered the ranks really far down.  It lasted from Early November to Mid december.  Then they stopped playing NW and I left to join the 1stFKI. I stayed there from december to april and stayed a musketeer for most of it (about 4 1/2 months) Then the 1stFKI renamed to 21e and I left because I didn't appeal to being french :P. I then joined the 29th and stayed from may to late june. I left along with the few people I talked to and formed the 79th. I started as lcpl but rose to lieutenant because our other one left because we didn't give captain (silly jorvasker). I also recruited 20 members in a week and I had leading experience from the Nr.13 basically all. Now, I am basically the second in command because our lt. Col is going bear hunting like weekly and is going to the Canadian military

Offline Crawford

• Donator
  • [2ndCS] Col. River
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2013, 03:20:53 pm »
4-5 Years ago I started playing Battlegrounds 2 leading public linebattles etc, eventually I joined a regiment or two and got pretty fed up with taking shit from leaders. I ended up making a regiment of my own that was pretty "successful" to me being the age I was. I noticed big regiments like the 15th and the 51st leaving the BG2 community and moving on to Mount & Blade: Warband, so I started playing as well after disbanding my BG2 regiment. Mount & Musket was released and of course I got into that, for about a year. After hopping from one regiment to another trying to learn what I like I decided I'd like to lead my own. I started the Coldstream and it's been a joy ever since.

I cut out a lot of parts to this story because I feel it'd be way to much to type.

Respect to these guys for all the help:

Hugonaut
Broviet
Tico
Millander
Chester
Stubbs
Sawyer & Hypern

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »
Sawyer & Hypern

Man those are some old names.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2013, 12:04:42 am »
I originally joined lowlander's 18e, over a year ago; It was an EU regiment without NA events. At the time I was a bumbling fool who could not tell his left from his right.  After about 3 months, the North Americans became the 18e's Voltigeurs and I was promoted to SoP. After a very short time of skirmishing, the 18e disbanded. The two regiments that were formed were the 33rd and the 1tesPmrs, and seeing that my two favorite officers and most of my friends joined the 1tes, I joined without hesitation, and was the 4th member. In the next couple of days I organized my fellow NA members, and became the Schutzen detachment for the 1tes. Again I remained at the rank of Gfr for a couple months, but in that time I developed a close relationship with my two officers: GreenBeard and BapKing. Because of the officers increasing dissatisfaction with the current NA leaders abilities, and because of the potential of both Jishnu and I (Jish was a Kpl in the Na section) the current leader (A guy named Artyom) was demoted to Kpl, and both Jishnu and I were promoted.

With our promotions, Jishnu and I decided to shoot bigger then a rifle detachment, and to try and make an entire NA company, that did NA events. In the next few months Jishnu and I recruited, and molded the 1tes NA company. Eventually Jishnu had real life things to do, and I was put in charge, as Kpt. Over the next few month, I began to take on more and more responsibilities, and began running EU events as well as NA ones. Eventually Greenbeard and BapKing lost interest in NW, and left the 1tes, leaving me and my fellow Kpt Glarthlar in charge. With our two main officers gone many of our men decided to call it quits, and in less than a week, the entire EU company was gone. Trying to salvage the 1tes, I converted it from the 1tesPmrs to the 1tesWPI (1st West Prussian Infantry). Sadly I was not experienced enough, and let the regiment fall apart.

I joined the 19te for a few months, and had a great time, but I saw that my old men, and Jishnu had formed the 4teSLR a line infantry regiment. Aching to be with my old men again, I left the 19te (it was not an easy choice) and joined the 4te. Here we are today.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Tormidal

• Sergeant
  • Axios!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tormidal/Sanguinius
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2013, 12:50:44 am »
Lets see here...

I was recruited into the 95th Rifles some three years ago or so by Spearing, after about a year or so, disgruntled with fighting with a bunch of Europeans while having some 150 ping, I was informed that there was an American community growing large enough to support regiments and line battles.

With the permission of the leaders of the 95th, I left and started the 31st Rifles, with Bond(who now leads the 89th Royal Guard.) Towards the release of NW, the MM community wasnt as strong as it was, and the regiment was filled with trolls and problem-causers, so I was forced to disband the regiment. After being in a number of different regiments(helping form the 7th Kings German Legion, joining the 1stFKI, 24th), I eventually joined Menelaos' 44th, of which I am now a lieutenant.
Never forget who you are. But more importantly, never forget who helped to make you that way.

There's nothing worse in life than losing someone you've talked to. Someone who helped change your life. Someone who turned you into a better person. Its those people who you should always remember, its those people who you should always hold closest.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2013, 09:03:15 am »
When I was the 15e Voltigeurs Myself and my Lt. Pepper (current 1erPLG commander) were chilling in the 22nd ts and you an bond came in and asked to merge. I think we told you guys to fuck of or something xD
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2013, 11:52:32 am »
I've been chose by IVe's General  ;)

Offline Tormidal

• Sergeant
  • Axios!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tormidal/Sanguinius
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2013, 06:19:03 pm »
When I was the 15e Voltigeurs Myself and my Lt. Pepper (current 1erPLG commander) were chilling in the 22nd ts and you an bond came in and asked to merge. I think we told you guys to fuck of or something xD

Good times. ;)
Never forget who you are. But more importantly, never forget who helped to make you that way.

There's nothing worse in life than losing someone you've talked to. Someone who helped change your life. Someone who turned you into a better person. Its those people who you should always remember, its those people who you should always hold closest.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2013, 06:37:15 pm »
I joined the 41st Regiment of Foot (Spearing's 41st) in MMPrussia. Then, I got promoted to Cpl, then demoted back. the 41st branches out to become the XI gaming community. Mount and Gladius comes out and we decide to have a subgroup for that called the ESA. I get the rank of Sesquiplicarius, which is an officer rank in our group. Group dies out, but it was my first experience being an officer. The 41st changes the name to the 24th as NW came out, which I was still a Pte, then the Ensign gets promoted. And it was the moment of my experience in the group I had been waiting for. Later on, other stuff happens such as I lead a few sub-regiments for the community for different games while still being apart of the 24th. Then, later on I get promoted to Major, which Is currently my position. and thus I have been in the same regiment which I joined in MM for roughly 3 and 1/2 years, nearing 4 years.

Would I ever wait that long again? Probably not. Sometimes I prefer being the ranker, and yet at the same time the ranker wants to be an officer. Funny that :P.