Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 519892 times)

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndHess_Col_Señor_Jakob
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5115 on: January 11, 2020, 04:40:21 pm »
I don't know who is dumber here. The US killing a top military general, or Iran blowing up a Ukrainian commercial plane filled with fucking Canadians.

Definitely the latter. I don't really know what's dumb about eliminating a dangerous terrorist.

Because it creates tension between the US & Iran? Because it creates a possible proxy esque war in Iraq? I'm not say killing him was good or bad but it will have repercussions for the US and allies. If you can't see that you're really naive.

Also it's quite obvious they shot down the commercial plane by accident it had like 80 Iranian citizens onboard and Iran had absolutely nothing to gain from shooting it down.

There would always be tension in the region though?

I'd like to see more severe sanctions on the Iranian pro-terrorist government.

And it'd be hilarious to see the canucks beating the shit out of Iran anyway. :p

First of all: ofc it's dumb to bomb a government official of another country in that goddamn country. That's an act of war. (Americans would call it terrorism)
Second of all: I doubt that sanctions would have a that large influence on how a religious fanatic runs that country. It might fuck up their economy a bit, but that's gonna hit the Iranian people way harder than their government (it would also strengthen the anti-western propaganda and lead to even more tensions)
and last of all: it'd be hilarious to see a war in which multiple thousand if not even more than a million people could lose their lives? If you're serious about that then you're a lost case and should maybe visit a psychiatrist

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5116 on: January 11, 2020, 08:44:20 pm »
Alot of Swedish passports died in that Irani shootdown :'(

Jeez 176 civilians just died dude.

I don't see how their ethnicity matters.
if your brother died vs if some kid from china got ran over, which would you care about more about. Its human nature homie

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: January 14, 2020, 06:31:02 am »

if your brother died vs if some kid from china got ran over, which would you care about more about. Its human nature homie

Yes, so? I still find it highly inconsiderate to make race ”jokes” about civilians who just died.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5118 on: January 14, 2020, 04:30:21 pm »

Yes, so? I still find it highly inconsiderate to make race ”jokes” about civilians who just died.

Good for you.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: January 15, 2020, 12:09:06 am »
Edgy

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: February 06, 2020, 03:43:24 pm »
Several caucuses were decided by coin toss. The caucus system is a joke..

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5121 on: February 06, 2020, 06:18:27 pm »
Ties decided by coin toss, what's the problem?

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5122 on: February 06, 2020, 11:22:39 pm »
WE ARE RULED BY MORONS!

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #5123 on: February 07, 2020, 12:27:46 am »
Furrnox must be running some immigration centre in Sweden, poor carolus

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: March 04, 2020, 02:47:08 am »
Once again, the youth vote turns out be virtually nonexistent. Boomers will rule elections till they enter hospice care. This is both sad and hilarious. Millennials are arguably the most pathetic generation in history. They bemoan their state and yet do nada when it's their time to shine.

Warren was dumb not to have dropped and endorsed Bernie. She might have screwed him over in several states he sweeped last cycle. Bloomberg is a corporate shill but that is to be expected. At least he has the unwavering support of American Samoa and it's 350 voters! Anyways, Texas will ignore closing down voting booths in areas that are heavily populated by minorities. Very nice indeed.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 05:40:19 am by Sgt.Winters »

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: March 04, 2020, 06:36:28 pm »
Once again, the youth vote turns out be virtually nonexistent. Boomers will rule elections till they enter hospice care. This is both sad and hilarious. Millennials are arguably the most pathetic generation in history. They bemoan their state and yet do nada when it's their time to shine.

Warren was dumb not to have dropped and endorsed Bernie. She might have screwed him over in several states he sweeped last cycle. Bloomberg is a corporate shill but that is to be expected. At least he has the unwavering support of American Samoa and it's 350 voters! Anyways, Texas will ignore closing down voting booths in areas that are heavily populated by minorities. Very nice indeed.

Spoiler
[close]
Really odd decision, thought she would endorse sanders to give progressives a shot.

Stands her ground and gets third in her own state LOL

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #5126 on: March 04, 2020, 06:41:03 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Really odd decision, thought she would endorse sanders to give progressives a shot.

“I don’t vote in primaries just elections”
INTO
“HOW IS THIS OUR CANDIDATE WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE PEOPLE STUPID”

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: March 04, 2020, 06:45:38 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

It’s pure ego. She stayed in to spite Bernie and got wiped in the process. The Left is superb at self-destruction.

Can’t wait to hear about how the youngins’ are drowning in debt and long work hours when not even 20% of them came out to vote. I guess talking shit on social media really doesn’t translate to decent voter turnout. Who would’ve thought that? They voluntarily dig their own graves while imagining that there is a gun to their heads.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: March 05, 2020, 03:42:47 am »
It is not surprising that the youth/younger vote is lower than older people.  Has been for a very long time.  It is far easier for older people to go out and vote than younger people. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: March 05, 2020, 03:40:23 pm »
It is not surprising that the youth/younger vote is lower than older people.  Has been for a very long time.  It is far easier for older people to go out and vote than younger people.
Being an idealogical purist didn't help Bernie either. He doesn't make compromises on anything and makes the DNC out to be evil. It might have worked with the GOP, since they fall in line, but the more picky Democrats wouldn't have it. Bernie overshot his expectations and is now risking getting his entire campaign sunk over it.

You can't expect to walk in Washington gleefully when you've burnt nearly bridge down on the way there.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:43:41 pm by Sgt.Winters »