Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 526692 times)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5160 on: May 29, 2020, 10:13:30 pm »
Looting and destroying properties will sure help their case lul @caz
Kore how would you try and change a corrupt system?
Simple! I’m abandoning this shit hole of a country and moving to Belgium soon
Probably the smartest move
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Phailur

« Reply #5161 on: May 29, 2020, 11:04:38 pm »
has it really gotten that bad that belgium is better?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5162 on: May 29, 2020, 11:16:22 pm »

Sanders to become top1 EU?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: May 29, 2020, 11:34:07 pm »
has it really gotten that bad that belgium is better?
Yes

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5164 on: May 30, 2020, 07:15:59 pm »
I am currently on the way to become a Police Officer in Germany. You have to study for 3 Years to become a Police Officer and you are required to pass multiple Psychological Screenings.

We learnt to take care of People in our custody in our first week, and how fast people can choke.

The Fact that American Cops are trained for 2 MONTHS is absolutely insane. That Cop murdered that Man and I think it is completely legit that the People there are currently rioting.
The problem isn't just the training american police officers receives but it's also the GUNS. It's unfair to compare Europe to America in regards to policing because american police officers have to face the fact that any civilian could be carrying a gun on them at any time. The entire police force is built around using the most force and control possible because their living in a country where civilians can carry and own lethal weapons of death wherever they please.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: May 30, 2020, 08:04:10 pm »
I definitely think that the lack of proper training is a vastly important factor. I understand that the bigger threat when it comes to lethal weapons should be considered when judging exceeding violence from American police but I really dont think that it should play a role in a situation that seems to be as clear-cut as this one. I think that a big part of the violent tendencies can be explained by the lack of training. That in the obvious sense meaning they simply lack the knowledge they need to handle the situations that they are confronted with accordingly, of course, but also it seems to be reasonable to think that this lack of commitment, training and screening is going to increase the number of powerhungry little tyrants in this institution. This seems to be quite simply the case if I compare American police to what we have in Europe. The US really does seem to have a severe problem with racism. The fact that the police officer wasnt charged and what Trump tweeted is also shocking to me and I dont think that European politicians would be able to get away with anything similar. When it comes to the riots, I do think that something of this magnitude is necessary to bring about substantial change. Burning down small private businesses and private vehicles however is utterly disgusting and destroying innocent lives.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5166 on: May 30, 2020, 08:21:58 pm »
Violence leads to more violence.  People of colour shouldn't be surprised if what they are doing now in Minneapolis leads to more cases of police brutality and what not.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Phailur

« Reply #5167 on: May 30, 2020, 08:59:20 pm »
Violence leads to more violence.  People of colour shouldn't be surprised if what they are doing now in Minneapolis leads to more cases of police brutality and what not.
what are people of colour?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5168 on: May 30, 2020, 09:54:58 pm »
I think one of the biggest problems with American police training is the sheer number of different agencies and difference in training between those agencies; the FBI and other federal law enforcement agencies are very well trained, some of the best in the world, but since there isn't consistency between the different city, state and county forces, you get incredibly well-trained forces like Tulsa but then you got a manual that says putting pressure on someone's neck for a few minutes is a great idea like Minneapolis
In Ontario (not sure about the other provinces) we have a civilian oversight agency called the SIU which investigates use-of-force incidents like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Investigations_Unit but if I'm not mistaken its either the city prosecutor or the FBI investigating use of force situations? which is questionable

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5169 on: May 30, 2020, 10:33:08 pm »
Pertaining to specifically American demographics, they are anyone who isn't white. It's a controversial term to say the least, and usually isn't used outside of discussions that involve racism.

Offline Queeeeen

• Second Lieutenant
  • 92nd Luke Fraser VIRGIN GREN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: May 30, 2020, 11:01:06 pm »
guessing those that produce different concentrations of melanin than him

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: May 30, 2020, 11:03:50 pm »
I think one of the biggest problems with American police training is the sheer number of different agencies and difference in training between those agencies; the FBI and other federal law enforcement agencies are very well trained, some of the best in the world, but since there isn't consistency between the different city, state and county forces, you get incredibly well-trained forces like Tulsa but then you got a manual that says putting pressure on someone's neck for a few minutes is a great idea like Minneapolis
In Ontario (not sure about the other provinces) we have a civilian oversight agency called the SIU which investigates use-of-force incidents like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Investigations_Unit but if I'm not mistaken its either the city prosecutor or the FBI investigating use of force situations? which is questionable
Isnt Police in America mostly funded by the City it protects itself?
[close]
[close]

Skaen

« Reply #5172 on: May 30, 2020, 11:12:13 pm »
Well, for insurances and welfare Belgium is a good country. But we got the most difficult political structure you could ever imagine. We have multiple governments and language communities that never get along with each other. Also taxes are high here. 21%. Might go up as well maybe in the future. As for the cops, we have good ones but also some pretty annoying ones. I guess in every country it's like this. But, police brutality is almost nonexistent.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5173 on: May 31, 2020, 01:44:41 am »
Well, there’s the city funded city police, transport police, state police (usually for highways and rural areas) and then federal law enforcement agencies

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: May 31, 2020, 01:49:50 am »
Well, there’s the city funded city police, transport police, state police (usually for highways and rural areas) and then federal law enforcement agencies
Not gonna lie everytime I hear Details about the American State it just sounds like they never updated any of their Legislatures or Laws since the 18th Century.
Thats just overtly complex and unnecessary isnt it.
In Germany there is State Police and Federal Police. Thats it.
[close]
[close]