Author Topic: 12th Election (June-Aug term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 13946 times)

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 12th Election (June-Aug term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2018, 10:23:59 pm »
It is hard to come up with something new.... organising events is not at all what my vision on community reps are for... I was around when they were created. Their original task was to be the voice, the filter of community issues (most notably on the forums) and to either solve these disputes without the involvement of the administration team. Or they could settle disputes between the community and the admin team. That's what they are for. Organising events in my opinion is besides the point of a CR... I support the initiatives of course, but it's community representative, not community event organiser. They're not a means to 'save the community and increase inactivity'... they're an impartial tool, part of the forum administration, but with their own mandate, impartial to the admins.

This goes back to what I said a year ago, questioning the role altogether:

Perhaps we should return to the function of the community representative and not focus so much on who votes for who. Ideally, everyone will vote for the person they feel will be able to fulfill the role most appropriately. There are some in the community, such as Karth, that many people do not hold in high regard, but those people are still members and will vote accordingly.

Going back to the points I made a few days ago (which everyone seemed to pass over for my comments on NANWL), is the term community representative really the correct term to use? Is that what people really want? Or do they want a community coordinator? A coordinator being someone who organizes public events and activities for the community as well as acting as an intermediary between regiments and forum staff. Because from what I've observed since the start of the position being created is that there is a lot of emphasis on CR's to do a lot more than the title suggests and do it without consistent support. As an example, the NA1 Revival was an admirable effort by numerous people, but it wasn't sustainable.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:25:48 pm by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2018, 10:37:15 pm »
I don't believe community reps are supposed to host events or help run things. The fact that it's a campaign promise is due to two things: that it's an easy promise to make (and is expected, kinda, now) and that people want to elect someone who will do something active, rather than passive. I always thought the CR was merely a conduit from the community to the moderation team, and to me, that's all that matters - who you trust to bring concerns to the mod team directly like the elected representative title suggests, but since this is a passive thing (merely waiting for a concern to come up) it's not a sexy thing to promise, and the easiest thing to promise is the active results of events.

What I'd like to see from CR applications (and CRs, really) is two things - a promise to communicate with the community and the moderation team and solve problems that occur between the two, and to connect often silenced communities (the pubs, cav, minor languages) with the mainstream. But everyone just wants a tournament or something, and that seems like a monumental waste of the position.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2018, 10:38:19 pm »
Eh. Questioning if people want a representative or coordinator is just semantics if you ask me. They are really both anyhow. When I was rep, I was more about the representing than the coordination, as I was more likely to take an interest in the forum administration than host events. For example, I was all over the closing of the PLG threads, certain bans, and other such stuff.

I think the way the system now is good. Each rep can take it upon themselves to define their role as they please. They are given the power to do so by the community in the form of a vote, and by the mods in what is essentially making them a temporary mod.

I don't see why each new rep needs to do something 'new' any way. As RiddleZ said, what new thing is there to do? Invade Taleworlds and take our rightful place as the rulers of their forums?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:41:06 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2018, 11:49:09 pm »
Eh. Questioning if people want a representative or coordinator is just semantics if you ask me. They are really both anyhow. When I was rep, I was more about the representing than the coordination, as I was more likely to take an interest in the forum administration than host events. For example, I was all over the closing of the PLG threads, certain bans, and other such stuff.

I think the way the system now is good. Each rep can take it upon themselves to define their role as they please. They are given the power to do so by the community in the form of a vote, and by the mods in what is essentially making them a temporary mod.

I don't see why each new rep needs to do something 'new' any way. As RiddleZ said, what new thing is there to do? Invade Taleworlds and take our rightful place as the rulers of their forums?

Sounds good. Vote for me and I'll make it happen.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2018, 11:59:26 pm »
Sure thing. Get the marching bands going, its time for some long overdue Anschluss.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:13 am »
I will vote for Dan because I believe he will create a prominent and flourishing Toontown guild.
God Bless Toontown
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2018, 10:51:47 pm »
Sure thing. Get the marching bands going, its time for some long overdue Anschluss.

You have my vote once again.

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2018, 08:46:20 pm »
I don't believe community reps are supposed to host events or help run things. The fact that it's a campaign promise is due to two things: that it's an easy promise to make (and is expected, kinda, now) and that people want to elect someone who will do something active, rather than passive. I always thought the CR was merely a conduit from the community to the moderation team, and to me, that's all that matters - who you trust to bring concerns to the mod team directly like the elected representative title suggests, but since this is a passive thing (merely waiting for a concern to come up) it's not a sexy thing to promise, and the easiest thing to promise is the active results of events.

What I'd like to see from CR applications (and CRs, really) is two things - a promise to communicate with the community and the moderation team and solve problems that occur between the two, and to connect often silenced communities (the pubs, cav, minor languages) with the mainstream. But everyone just wants a tournament or something, and that seems like a monumental waste of the position.

^ NA cav is dead outside of PLG. Old 1LH crew brings 6-10 depending on who mercs.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2018, 02:15:59 am »
CR’s could have pretended to care about cav, seeing as how they’re in the community

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2018, 02:24:35 am »
CR’s could have pretended to care about cav, seeing as how they’re in the community

Would be nice if NA actually cared about cavalry or even pretend, but they don't. There is roughly 25~(if that) actual cavalry players left in NA who attend events regulalry. LIR bring more players for calvary slots than the actual cavalry regiments.

IB and I have try to get more people interested in it. Risk got hooked on it and has been enjoying cavalry events, but thats just one dude we been able to convert over for an event once a week.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2018, 02:44:50 am »

Would be nice if NA actually cared about cavalry or even pretend, but they don't. There is roughly 25~(if that) actual cavalry players left in NA who attend events regulalry. LIR bring more players for calvary slots than the actual cavalry regiments.

IB and I have try to get more people interested in it. Risk got hooked on it and has been enjoying cavalry events, but thats just one dude we been able to convert over for an event once a week.
I tried to help!

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2018, 04:08:33 am »
Cav on NA was never that large.  even back in 2012-2013, there were not that many cav regiments.   There were a fair amount of cav detachments, but they didn't play cav that often.  Add on to that, some regiments made it a point to take members from specialty roles if they didn't have as many line infantry as they wanted.  So cav detachments were not really detachments at all.  I felt bad for the players who joined a regiment to play cav, only to be forced to play infantry all the time, or rarely play cav in general at events. 

After all these years, there have been only a few cav regiments that lasted more than a month or 2, or had more than 5 people in them. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2018, 04:19:21 am »

yeah I like cav. IB and 1erCG is also very cool group of guys.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2018, 04:29:35 am »

nice to see risk hanging out with his fellow weebs
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2018, 04:31:06 am »

nice to see risk hanging out with his fellow weebs

???