Author Topic: Berlin 1900  (Read 20915 times)

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
Re: Berlin 1900
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2014, 06:13:56 pm »
You have your own definition of Nationalism, no wonder you're appearing to be uneducated.
Nationalism = Love on a nation scale

If it was then you wouldn't hate all immigrants living in Sweden. Nationalism to you is the right to persecute all non-nationals of a country.

Nationalism didn't cause WWI. It was imperialism. Wilhelm II wanted to be like UK. He wanted to have a big and powerful empire just like the rest of the great european powers. So he built a new navy and took several colonies which created a conflict between the UK and Germany. The French were already at Germany's throat because of Alsace-Lorraine.

All of these things are defined as imperialism.

Wilhelm II wanted to be better than the UK since he thought Germans were superior and deserved better via having an empire with resources and slaves (Nationalism+Imperialism). His Weltpolitik failed horribly though.

The French were at Germany's throat because they though A-L was a French province and the Germans thought it was theirs since it was pretty much half and half German and French speakers (Nationalism + Imperialism).

Everyone except you can accept that both are linked.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2014, 06:15:55 pm »
Both Nationalism and Imperialism did their bit, but blaming WWI only on the Germans ain't correct.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2014, 06:18:02 pm »
Both Nationalism and Imperialism did their bit, but blaming WWI only on the Germans ain't correct.

No one here is blaming WWI on only the Germans, a fuck up of that proportion needed all of Europe to pull it off.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »
Imperialism is the need to expand your country at the expense of others, natives in the age of imperialism were seen as inferior beings. And here comes nationalism, the love of your own nation and the thought that you are superior to others. Nationalism will always be connected to imperialism!
I can't speak for America but I'm pretty sure they were seen as animals way before nationalism was even a thing.

Nice job insulting a nation which you know shit about, once again.
I think Wismar's talking about the Native Americans (whom were thought of as not as awesome as the colonials), I don't think that he is insulting modern Americans with that statement, though I could be wrong.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

It's not like I aim to colonialize the whole of asia just because I'm a nationalist...

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2014, 06:25:20 pm »
While unofficial religious persecution did happen, legally I don't think there were any laws against the Orthodoxy.
That makes sense in terms of upkeeping atleast some order on Balkans. However, i'm totally sure there was a slavery in Ottoman empire for a long time and slaves werent africans.

The Ottoman use of slavery wasn't racially driven, anyone could be a slave if they were POWs or otherwise.
I can add, that actual slavery in Ottoman empire wasnt that hard. As long as slaves lived not really as bad as black men in colonies under europeans. The slave, accodring to Shariat, had a right for home, meal, cloth and own property, and freeing of slaves was a form of indulgency. And the mother of sultan Selim II was a concubine, Alexandra Lisovska (also known as Roxelana) later known as Hürrem Sultan.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2014, 06:30:06 pm »
This is probably going to get locked soon by the moderators because of the hostility caused in this thread by the social liberals so I'll just do it by myself.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:59:29 pm by SeanBeansShako »