Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 311895 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2013, 07:29:02 pm »
then Change only the colour of the complete Picture.

How? I use Pant.NET so you know.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2013, 08:05:38 pm »
I dont know how paint.net works.
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »
I dont know how paint.net works.

What program do you use?

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2013, 10:37:46 pm »
What program do you use?
i use GIMP
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2013, 11:50:49 pm »
Alright gents, here's a tickler.

Removing factions from the game, so that they can't be selected or randomly used on a server.
When I did try just commenting out all of the factions and troops, sounds, etc. I got the following error on the troops.
"List indeces must be integers, not tuples"

Has anyone removed factions before? It's being mean to me ;--;

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2013, 01:26:06 pm »
Seeing the 45e and 84e rankers both use the same textures. I was wondering if there is any way to 'link' the 84e or the 45e uniform to a different texture?

Basicly make a copy of one of the textures and re-link it to the brf file, if that is how it works?
Am I making any sense at all?

^^
Penn and shitz

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2013, 02:35:00 pm »
Seeing the 45e and 84e rankers both use the same textures. I was wondering if there is any way to 'link' the 84e or the 45e uniform to a different texture?

Basicly make a copy of one of the textures and re-link it to the brf file, if that is how it works?

^^

I understand I did it a lot of times. I will tell you when I get home I'm In school now.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

^^

I understand I did it a lot of times. I will tell you when I get home I'm In school now.

Thanks! I'll be waiting :D
Penn and shitz

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2013, 03:47:16 pm »
You need to make a new material (Material is like a folder). In here you should add the textures, normal maps and specular maps. You should also add the shader or else it looks flashy. So bassically Material is like a folder that contains your textures, or rather the location of your textures,cause you have to add the textures in the textures folder. So make sure you have the texture the normal map and spec map. Or diffuse spec and normal same thing.
I'm sure baktech will show you.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
You need to make a new material (Material is like a folder). In here you should add the textures, normal maps and specular maps. You should also add the shader or else it looks flashy. So bassically Material is like a folder that contains your textures, or rather the location of your textures,cause you have to add the textures in the textures folder. So make sure you have the texture the normal map and spec map. Or diffuse spec and normal same thing.

Not sure I get what you mean, where do I place that? What I am going for is to make the 45e and 84e look diffrent from each other, now they both use the same texture .dds file.
I wish to make it so they use 2 separate ones.
Penn and shitz

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2013, 05:53:39 pm »
Yo need to have openbrf to do that, but baktech will teach you.
The first modder for NW.

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2013, 06:14:28 pm »

Not sure I get what you mean, where do I place that? What I am going for is to make the 45e and 84e look diffrent from each other, now they both use the same texture .dds file.

Yes, what I do is copy and paste the file Texture Spec Norm and original file its self copy an paste them make sure there are no spaces in between the words and Import new material then select the Original copy and pasted file then click on Import new texture and select all three files then on the top right corner of the OpenBrf selected uniform type down the name of the copy and pasted file and your done, add my steam Witold Urbanowicz for the rest and properly explained tutorial.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »

Yes, what I do is copy and paste the file Texture Spec Norm and original file its self copy an paste them make sure there are no spaces in between the words and Import new material then select the Original copy and pasted file then click on Import new texture and select all three files then on the top right corner of the OpenBrf selected uniform type down the name of the copy and pasted file and your done, add my steam Witold Urbanowicz for the rest and properly explained tutorial.

In OpenBRF I presume?
Penn and shitz

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2013, 06:46:20 pm »

In OpenBRF I presume?

Indeed, If you still have trouble Add my Steam       Witold Urbanowicz PL            Thanks.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2013, 06:48:38 pm »

In OpenBRF I presume?

Indeed, If you still have trouble Add my Steam       Witold Urbanowicz PL            Thanks.

Added you.
Penn and shitz