Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 311934 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1335 on: November 15, 2015, 11:08:32 am »
I know this was asked before, but im lazy to find it. So, how do I change hat for one troop if another troop uses the same mesh? Like Erzherzog's infantry uses the same mesh for shako as the Freiherr's one, but I want to change it for Freiherr's only
anyone?  :'(

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1336 on: November 15, 2015, 12:32:38 pm »
Don't know man, but you can remove the hat for that unit, and place the new hat on the torso of your unit and move it so that it looks like its on the head... other than that, I'm clueless.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 15, 2015, 12:42:57 pm »
Don't know man, but you can remove the hat for that unit, and place the new hat on the torso of your unit and move it so that it looks like its on the head... other than that, I'm clueless.
nice idea, will maybe do it like that. thx

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 15, 2015, 04:17:17 pm »
maybe create new material and texture for one of them ? :D

In the meaning let them have separate materials and tex.
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1339 on: November 15, 2015, 04:30:30 pm »
Hi all! I'm working on animation of horseman, and have questions.
I want units, armed with swords, to ride in charge with swords raised up and forward when gallop, like that:

Spoiler
[close]

But if I'll make such move as part of main horseman animation - all units (except maybe lancers) will ride like that all the time, and if they will be empty-handed, they will look like some riding Nazis :D I assume, animation can be depended on weapon type (like lancers have their own animation). But even if I'll bind this animation to swords, they will ride so all the time, even if they just ride as maneuver, not in charge. Lancers-bots too always ride like they want to kill someone with their lances, I don't like that, but I don't know what can be done with it. Lancers-humans can peacefuly ride even in gallop untill they press X, so I thought, maybe such move can be also bound to X, like in lances? But in lances by pressing X player enters "knights" (or how is it called) mode, and which mode can be entered by pressing X in swords? Or maybe we can just bind such charging animation to X (or maybe another key), but so bots maybe will not use it.
Also I was hinking to archieve this by changing of animation of upright strike with sword and make such move as beginning of swing, but I think as swing such move is too small and light.

I hope I explained it all clear, so how would you solve such problem?)

Oh, and another question about animation - is it possible to move bone separately of skeleton for certain frames of animation? Or if I'll detach bones of items and make for weapons their own skeleton (of two bones or even of one bone, as in my mod there will be no shields), will it work in game? And will it be compatible with native animations (names of bones will be the same, so I think it must work) or shoul I change all animations with new skeletons?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:37:12 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 15, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »
I dont think it able to fix there are no seperate animation for riding without weapon (If i remember properly

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 15, 2015, 05:00:35 pm »
Btw does anyone know how can i fix shader on plumes ;-;

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 15, 2015, 05:47:19 pm »
Btw does anyone know how can i fix shader on plumes ;-;
do you mean when it's night? As far as I know you can't fix that

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 15, 2015, 08:15:17 pm »
Plume shader in night etc.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 16, 2015, 04:46:34 am »
I dont think it able to fix there are no seperate animation for riding without weapon (If i remember properly
Main horseman animation is for riding with and without weapon, so my main question was, how to bind animation to kind of weapon, like lancers animation is bound to lances (I saw tutorial about how to bind animation to key, but it is another variant of solving my question), I think it ill be easiest way.
And I just thought maybe I can change animation of lower thrust with sword, so it will start with such position, but it will look silly when dismounted, so here comes another question: is it possible, to separate animations of strikes when mounted and when dismounted?

And I hope someone can answer my previous question about skeletons, it is maybe more important and could solve many problems:
is it possible to move bone separately of skeleton for certain frames of animation? Or if I'll detach bones of items and make for weapons their own skeleton (of two bones or even of one bone, as in my mod there will be no shields), will it work in game? And will it be compatible with native animations (names of bones will be the same, so I think it must work) or should I change all animations with new skeletons?

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 16, 2015, 05:00:44 pm »

And I just thought maybe I can change animation of lower thrust with sword, so it will start with such position, but it will look silly when dismounted, so here comes another question: is it possible, to separate animations of strikes when mounted and when dismounted?
[/quote]

Again , i dont think its possible without doing something with scripts.txt or another shits

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 16, 2015, 05:02:02 pm »
I've got a question too :) Does anyone know how can i change the name ,,ranker'' (the one displaying on troop selection) to something like ,,Voltigeur'' or ,,Fusilier'' :)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 16, 2015, 07:41:16 pm »
Again , i dont think its possible without doing something with scripts.txt or another shits
I asked if it is possible, I mean in any way, I just gave example how I think it can be solved.
And your opinion I got from first time, that was enough, thanks.

I've got a question too :) Does anyone know how can i change the name ,,ranker'' (the one displaying on troop selection) to something like ,,Voltigeur'' or ,,Fusilier'' :)
I assume you're asking not about module system changes, so just go to module folder, open file strings.txt, search for line
Code
str_ranker Ranker
and change it whatever you want, as example
Code
str_ranker Voltigeur
(but it will change "rankers" to "voltigeurs" in all factions, and as example for Britain or Russia it will be weird)

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 16, 2015, 08:30:44 pm »
Thx for answer '=' yup that will look weird i dont think i'll use it :)

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #1349 on: November 23, 2015, 06:51:45 am »
I think, if you put more then 1 uniform on a troop, in the module_troops, they will randomize. Else you could always do it the partizani/sailor way
Yup the most easiest way is setting in module_troops the uniforms to be randomized, like itm_british_infantry, itm_british_infantry_variant etc each uniform added to the mix will increase the randomization and putting a uniform multiple times over one like a weapon can decrease or increase the likelihood to show up.
Wait, is this possible without having a incompatible module with everyone else? :o