Author Topic: 2019 is for me the end of NW  (Read 21142 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 2019 is for me the end of NW
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 12:49:10 pm »
I said that a few years ago, the moment you start doing 4-5 tournaments in a month people really aren't going to take them all seriously anymore. You used to have one gf tournament a month, sometimes two or sometimes none even so each tournament was treated much more seriously.
Yup I've said it a few times that some sort of group of organisers/team leaders needs to be made to have some form of organisation to the scene and keep it fresh, but it would appear people prefer to win shitty spam tournies.
Cazasar mentioned this idea to me a good few months back but nothing ever came of it. I think it's a good idea but I believe certain hosts wouldn't adhere to the rule-set of the group anyway and would still just do things alone.
In situations like that the idea would be to all boycott that tourney as a group
Then you'd also need to get team captains on side, which depending who was part of said 'group' I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get most large teams to do so.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 02:44:05 pm »
Actually I forgot about that. Before I stopped NW as a player myself and Gi were constantly complaining about the frequency of tournaments.

Yet again its only 2 people doing it.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 03:03:04 pm »
As people said you have less and less players still playing the game but much more tournaments organised.
I think the  league format  , except maybe for regiments is not longer appropriate when you  see the activity of people in the game.
For example for the 1v1 league tournament , the tournament would have been  much played if he was a simply  1v1 tournament.
Because the 1V1 tournament is the format which is the most rare organised.
NW is a game which  we all enjoy but he didn't escape to the law of demand and supply ,
but we have to be recognizing to the people who make live this community through the work supplied on their tournaments.
i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 04:25:15 pm »
Hello, as you said infantry is making too many tournaments. It can be the problem. In the cavalry community, we are (i think) 200/ 300 active players. We are not many. That's the reason why we are making one or two big tournaments in the years ( CavalryNapoleonicWarLeagye/CavalryChampionLeague or CavalryNationCup).in these competitions, all members of the cav communities are together to play epic and intense match. One more time, it's the reason why we can't ignore a big regiment. Today, all leaders must speak together to make a good competition and teams are not really existing.
I would like say that the infantry communitie is familiar with a big and fat community. Today, you should probably think that you are not too many and organise tournaments together. But that's just my opignion and i am not in the infantry community;)

So have a nice day all. I think that the infantry community is interesting and absolutly not dead

Bonne chance Fotin pour la suite !
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline PhilosophicalPhilosopher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Throw Up The X steam name
  • Nick: ThrowUpTheX
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 07:33:17 pm »
maybe its memes like marxeil or mightypain hosting tournaments idk.
Captain of ChimpZ
Mount and Blade : Warband
Steam Library Mount and Blade
Steam Games Warband
SteamID Steam Napoleonic Wars MountBlade £20.00

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 07:46:53 pm »
I said that a few years ago, the moment you start doing 4-5 tournaments in a month people really aren't going to take them all seriously anymore. You used to have one gf tournament a month, sometimes two or sometimes none even so each tournament was treated much more seriously.
It was a huge deal winning the 5v5 tournament hosted by Hekko, watching old videos you could even hear the winning teams excitement and everyone went nuts. The competition was higher and we had more teams on the same level. Today you have a very high rate of events hosted by either MightyPain or Marxeil and always the same three teams winning them. It just doesn't feel the same as it used to be. Would really appreciate it if hosters could just turn down a bit with hosting tournaments and get together in order to try to make one or two per month with the same quality as Hekkos tournaments had.
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 09:02:26 pm »
I mean, I kind of view it as a double edged sword. On one hand you don't want to spam the community with competitive events or everyone involved in the competitive scene will most likely become bored and not take it as seriously. On the other hand, you have those 95% competitive oriented regiments who will just grow bored regardless because there wouldn't be multiple competitive things to do. Even if the latter isn't the bigger issue, it still is a concern to some extent. I do agree with the former and that there shouldn't be such an influx of competitive events and NA needs to chill with all the tournaments every 5 seconds in my opinion.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 09:11:03 pm »
People have been saying that NW is dead for at least 3 years now and every time there is always some revival with new players and new competitions. I will admit though it's obvious the player count has slowly and steadily declined to the point where even big events are averaging low player counts. It's such a shame as well because I believe the skill ceiling is very high now.  But a lot of the players still playing the game at least on the competitive infantry side are in a tight little bubble and its about 15-30 players just fighting over and over again to see who is best. If NW had retained it's player count since 2012-2014 era I could imagine the competitive side would be insane but never mind. It will however eventually die out and I think Bannerlord will be the final blow.

EDIT: Mighypains tournaments are also kind of annoying now especially that one hosted on Monday was just a joke.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 09:15:49 pm by Golden. »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 12:31:12 am »
I mean, I kind of view it as a double edged sword. On one hand you don't want to spam the community with competitive events or everyone involved in the competitive scene will most likely become bored and not take it as seriously. On the other hand, you have those 95% competitive oriented regiments who will just grow bored regardless because there wouldn't be multiple competitive things to do. Even if the latter isn't the bigger issue, it still is a concern to some extent. I do agree with the former and that there shouldn't be such an influx of competitive events and NA needs to chill with all the tournaments every 5 seconds in my opinion.
NA doesn't do that many tournaments anymore. We had 15 last year and 1 this year (I don't count North vs South as a real tournament) which was Jolly's Duel tournament for the lower skilled guys (Yoloswag won it under a different name so not really). I agree EUs do wayyyyyyy to many tournaments. I think their was like 30-50 melee tournaments hosted last year and that is without melee leagues & regimental leagues.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 12:34:36 am »
NA doesn't do that many tournaments anymore. We had 15 last year and 1 this year (I don't count North vs South as a real tournament) which was Jolly's Duel tournament for the lower skilled guys (Yoloswag won it under a different name so not really). I agree EUs do wayyyyyyy to many tournaments. I think their was like 30-50 melee tournaments hosted last year and that is without melee leagues & regimental leagues.

I count everything posted in the competitive events board as a competitive event. I'm not being inclusive to just tournaments or leagues but everything competitive. With that being said, yes, I do believe NA hosts quite a lot of competitive events which to me has certainly killed the appeal of them. I realize I said tournaments for NA, but I really meant competitive events in general bar individuals 1v1s or GFs.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:40 am »
I've spoken to some hosts today and it looks like we're going to try and make a proper organisers group involving team captains as well to try to better the tournament spam.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 01:10:59 am »

I count everything posted in the competitive events board as a competitive event. I'm not being inclusive to just tournaments or leagues but everything competitive. With that being said, yes, I do believe NA hosts quite a lot of competitive events which to me has certainly killed the appeal of them. I realize I said tournaments for NA, but I really meant competitive events in general bar individuals 1v1s or GFs.
So stuff like Tagpro or UFC counts as a competitive event? There has been a page and a half about "competitive events" from 2018 and some of them are stupid shit like what I said. 15 tournaments (including the melee leagues in this count) in a year isn't that many.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:15:06 am by Ip Man »

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 01:12:34 am »
m tournaments

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 06:44:45 am »
waah there are too many tournaments waah im getting bored 🤣👌

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 06:46:00 am »

So stuff like Tagpro or UFC counts as a competitive event? There has been a page and a half about "competitive events" from 2018 and some of them are stupid shit like what I said. 15 tournaments (including the melee leagues in this count) in a year isn't that many.

The number of competitive events for NA has NOT killed the competitive scene.  What has killed it is the following:

1.  The Compacting Factor-  This is when all the regiments like the 18th. 5th, 58e, 71st,  3evolt, 54th, Ody regs, and any good regiments between 2014-2016/17 started to disband and members would join from one group to another.  When you put all the really good players into like 2-4 regiments....well you dont have a very competitive community. 

2.  The Constant Loosing Factor- Try as they might, some regiments just wont be good enough to beat the better regiments, many of these regiments get discouraged from doing 1v1s and groupfights because they either fear loosing members or the members dont want anything to do with the competitive stuff cause they loose all the time.  Examples being 27th with Newkirk, 87th with Potus, I could go on but you guys see the point.   

3.  The Small Stuff- Yes the small shit does add up.  If you really look at some of the issues with the major leagues and tourneys you notice alot of bullshit.  Like people who shouldnt be in charge of stuff and the actually qualified people are overlooked.  Thats just one issue.  So many of these type of issues plague the NA side that it makes it hard to have fun. 

So do the amount of tourneys kill the NA side? No they do not.  I think you need to look at the big picture because these are the main reasons to what is going on in the NA side.  (aint it funny how the opposite is happening in EU.  I mean think about it....people get tired of winning and they disband regiments cough cough 17e  cough cough pieter.)