Author Topic: Gym Thread  (Read 25344 times)

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gym Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2017, 01:41:19 am »
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/changing-your-workout-routine-too-often/
That article is just him ridiculing changing routine and just saying "no ur dumb if u do it". Sorry but I don't believe an anonymous internet person over science. If you're doing the same workouts and targeting the same muscle groups, you will want to change some of your workouts to target different muscle groups.

Spoiler
[close]
arnold says the same thing as that article. You shock the muscle by increasing the weight
He was talking about drop sets there I believe, but he also said that your body will get used to a routine if you let it and that's when you'll reach a plateau. The same person who wrote the article also said that shocking the body was "complete bullshit".

"You got to shock the muscle, shock the muscle, and shock the muscle with different kinds of training principles."

Ah good quote 'shock the muscle'. Arnold is referring to doing exercises that your muscles aren't prepared for. When you walk into a gym and you're thinking to yourself 'I'm going to the bench press first, then I'll go do some flys, then I will go do some dumbbell press then I will...' then go and do the absolute oposite to what you were thinking. Your body prepares yourself, if you do exercises that your body isn't prepared for you can shock the body into growth and this lack of preparation is what he's talking about. You may do 8 reps on the bench, drop the weight and do 12, up the weight and do 6. Do things you've not done before that isn't part of your routine, mix it up. This is what Arnold is telling you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:43:31 am by Heist »

MATT123456789

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2017, 07:19:05 pm »
arnold was also on steroids, so he could do a lot more volume/drop sets "shock the muscle with different training principles"

Also all this changing up your workout routine to get past a plateau is bullshit, just gimmicks made up by steroid users to sell their bullshit programs and make money. They will make a video/article  or some shit "before and after I changed my workout routine up" showing all the wonderful gains they got from their magical workout that costs $60. When in reality it was the drugs.

Natural lifting is about time, yes you hit plateaus, but you can't avoid them, theres no way around it, its just time. It took me 5 years to get as strong as I did, while with a steroid user would take 3 months to get there.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2017, 07:30:16 pm »
arnold was also on steroids, so he could do a lot more volume/drop sets "shock the muscle with different training principles"

Also all this changing up your workout routine to get past a plateau is bullshit, just gimmicks made up by steroid users to sell their bullshit programs and make money. They will make a video/article  or some shit "before and after I changed my workout routine up" showing all the wonderful gains they got from their magical workout that costs $60. When in reality it was the drugs.

Natural lifting is about time, yes you hit plateaus, but you can't avoid them, theres no way around it, its just time. It took me 5 years to get as strong as I did, while with a steroid user would take 3 months to get there.
You don't need to be on steroids to do drop sets but yes he was on steroids so he could lift more. That doesn't mean he was wrong or it wouldn't work for regular people. There are definitely things you can do to get past plateaus that aren't just waiting lol.

Drop sets/pyramids/super sets/etc.
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/7-ways-to-bust-any-plateau.htm

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

MATT123456789

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2017, 08:00:42 pm »

You don't need to be on steroids to do drop sets but yes he was on steroids so he could lift more. That doesn't mean he was wrong or it wouldn't work for regular people. There are definitely things you can do to get past plateaus that aren't just waiting lol.

First of all the guy who wrote that looks small and weak, second of all he is on either fat burners(most likely) or a certain steroid called anavar

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2017, 09:55:09 pm »

First of all the guy who wrote that looks small and weak, second of all he is on either fat burners(most likely) or a certain steroid called anavar
He's a "certified NSCA personal trainer and FAME Champion Fitness model"

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

MATT123456789

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2017, 10:15:50 pm »

FAME Champion Fitness model"

That right there shows he is on drugs of some sort, I don't care what league/federation it is, if it's a bodybuilding competition, whoever the winner is, is 100 percent gunna be on something, judging by how he looks, not steroids to make him look huge, but he's on fat burners/diuretics which are even worse for your body. When it comes to bodybuilding/Fitness model contests, theres 3 key things to winning, Drugs + Genetics+ Politics = win.

He's a "certified NSCA personal trainer

Lol and? I know so many personal trainers that are  incompetent as fuck. If you had any braincells you would look up what it requires to become a certified NSCA personal trainer.

I did.

Turns out all you gotta do is take an online test thats $340. hmmmmmmmmmm

Like with many things in life today, more and more retards are falling for silly little pieces of paper that society puts emphasis on just because the person spent alot of money to get said paper.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2017, 10:26:55 pm »
Ignorance is bliss.

MATT123456789

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »
Ignorance is bliss.
from google

"How much does NSCA certification cost?
CSCS Computer-Based Exam Fees
NSCA Member   Registration Fee
Exam Registration   $340
Retake fee for both sections   $340
Retake fee for one section   $250
Non-Member   
3 more rows"

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2017, 11:38:25 am »
Ignorance is bliss.
from google

Exam Registration   $340
Non-Member   
3 more rows"

Bodybuilders are on steroids yeah. But they work twohundred times harder than anybody else to get their body. That's just the nature of the sport I'm afraid. There is also natural bodybuilding, but to be honest there isn't much recognition. I just enjoy doing this as a hobby. But whomever says the likes of Arnold is feeding bullshit just because he was on steroids is a fucking retard. Any fucking moron can inject Steroids into their body, it doesn't make them a professional bodybuilder. It's very fucking difficult. There is guys that go to my gym that are doing juice, but they will never look half as big as Arnold did. I've genuinely seen a lot of natty people that look better than steroid abusers.

Arnold has a huge fan base and a lot of money for a good reason, because he was good at what he did. Arnold was in the steroid scene, but he was still competing against people in his own league that were also using, if his techniques didn't work then his body wouldn't have been as aesthetic as it was.

'Drugs+Genetics+Politics=win' Yeah... that's generally how every sport in the world works, there is always a Genetics and political aspect all the way from Rugby to Basketball. Again, so fucking what if they take steroids. It's essentially a part of the sport hence why they don't do drug testing, who are you to judge, billions of people take drugs for recreational purposes if that's something as simple as smoking, alcohol or coffee it's still bad for you. These guys do it to make a living and if they're willing to sacrifice their health for the sport that's up to them. If you want to do it the natural healthy way like the rest of us good for you, but don't be jealous of these guys and say they don't know what they're doing because they most definitely do.

I'm very happy with my lifts, I'm happy with the way I look. I'm not here to please anybody but myself and if you are you're in the wrong sport and you should be taking steroids if all you want to do is look fucking huge and you're jealous of the abusers that do. I lift to stay fit and healthy - others have different goals and I respect that and I like watching drug enhanced Power lifting more than the bodybuiding aspect but I enjoy that too. I'm not jealous of anybody else and you can look huge as a natural with good genetics which luckily thanks to my father I have. You can look huge with skinny genetics, it might take some more work but it's most definitely achievable. From mixing up my routines I know what works for me, and changing my routine and doing different lifts at various frequencies does help in developing diffrent muscle angles, if you hit the same exercise day in day out you're not hitting every angle of your muscle and you create an imbalance. Sure, I may sometimes stick with the same routine for a few months if it's working for me, but generally I still may add something different here and there. I'm not trying to get 100% efficiency out of my exercise anyway because it's not my job.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:15:00 pm by Heist »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2017, 05:04:40 pm »
Ignorance is bliss.
from google

Exam Registration   $340
Non-Member   
3 more rows"

Bodybuilders are on steroids yeah. But they work twohundred times harder than anybody else to get their body. That's just the nature of the sport I'm afraid. There is also natural bodybuilding, but to be honest there isn't much recognition. I just enjoy doing this as a hobby. But whomever says the likes of Arnold is feeding bullshit just because he was on steroids is a fucking retard. Any fucking moron can inject Steroids into their body, it doesn't make them a professional bodybuilder. It's very fucking difficult. There is guys that go to my gym that are doing juice, but they will never look half as big as Arnold did. I've genuinely seen a lot of natty people that look better than steroid abusers.

Arnold has a huge fan base and a lot of money for a good reason, because he was good at what he did. Arnold was in the steroid scene, but he was still competing against people in his own league that were also using, if his techniques didn't work then his body wouldn't have been as aesthetic as it was.

'Drugs+Genetics+Politics=win' Yeah... that's generally how every sport in the world works, there is always a Genetics and political aspect all the way from Rugby to Basketball. Again, so fucking what if they take steroids. It's essentially a part of the sport hence why they don't do drug testing, who are you to judge, billions of people take drugs for recreational purposes if that's something as simple as smoking, alcohol or coffee it's still bad for you. These guys do it to make a living and if they're willing to sacrifice their health for the sport that's up to them. If you want to do it the natural healthy way like the rest of us good for you, but don't be jealous of these guys and say they don't know what they're doing because they most definitely do.

I'm very happy with my lifts, I'm happy with the way I look. I'm not here to please anybody but myself and if you are you're in the wrong sport and you should be taking steroids if all you want to do is look fucking huge and you're jealous of the abusers that do. I lift to stay fit and healthy - others have different goals and I respect that and I like watching drug enhanced Power lifting more than the bodybuiding aspect but I enjoy that too. I'm not jealous of anybody else and you can look huge as a natural with good genetics which luckily thanks to my father I have. You can look huge with skinny genetics, it might take some more work but it's most definitely achievable. From mixing up my routines I know what works for me, and changing my routine and doing different lifts at various frequencies does help in developing diffrent muscle angles, if you hit the same exercise day in day out you're not hitting every angle of your muscle and you create an imbalance. Sure, I may sometimes stick with the same routine for a few months if it's working for me, but generally I still may add something different here and there. I'm not trying to get 100% efficiency out of my exercise anyway because it's not my job.
^^^^

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2017, 08:25:34 pm »
matt rekt lul

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2017, 09:24:02 pm »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2018, 06:08:57 am »
Who else has a woke diet here

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2018, 11:52:07 pm »
Is Harveys a diet?
Why am I still here

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2018, 04:50:39 pm »
Is Harveys a diet?
harveys bro, rly? Why Harvey's?