Author Topic: there is a bullet drop?  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
Re: there is a bullet drop?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 05:13:11 pm »
We need vincenzo's help.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Draken193

• Captain
  • I like turtles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Draken
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 11:15:00 pm »
There is bullet drop but it is very random.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 11:18:17 pm »
There is bullet drop but it is very random.

That is about as believeable as saying:
There are pink elephants, but they only haven't been spotted yet.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 12:23:15 am »
There is , but the bullets fly so fast it is mostly not noticable.

This is what he told me when I. Asked in a pm

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 12:30:59 am »
One word, Luck.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 12:50:35 am »
There is bullet drop, but due to the high velocity of the bullets, it is almost not noticeable. Why cant you hit people that are far away, with a pistol? Simple. Pistols have much lower velocity and therefore their bullets actually drop much faster. Bullet drop is heavy on pistols, but almost not noticeable on Muskets (Except for very long ranges.)

Remember that when shooting a musket, the bullet will not go straight, but go randomly, into any direction. That is the reason why the aiming reticule is so large. When shooting, the bullet will go somewhere in that reticule.

The reason why you think that bullet drop is so heavy, is that a lot of times, the bullets do not go straight and do not go up, but downwards, decreasing your range alot. Aiming Up does not help here, because it can also be that the next shot goes up, shooting much further than you expected. Aiming anywhere close to the enemy can still hit him (Especially on long ranges, as the randomess plays a much larger role here), if you're lucky.

Therefore it is always best to aim straight at your enemy. Shooting with a Musket is just pure luck, nothing else.

Also, a little hint. Aiming 2 seconds with your musket will make aim steadier, and the bullet is more likely to be shooting into the direction of the center of the reticule.
Another hint... Warbands random function is not very good. Most of the time you will end up with the exact, or almost exact values.
So if you know that your bullet just flew low, try to aim abit higher. If you are a little bit lucky, Warbands random function might have chosen the same value again.
That is also the reason why you get the same bush/rock/tree over and over again, when making maps. Warbands random function selects the same value again and again and again.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 02:38:28 am »
Spoiler
There is bullet drop, but due to the high velocity of the bullets, it is almost not noticeable. Why cant you hit people that are far away, with a pistol? Simple. Pistols have much lower velocity and therefore their bullets actually drop much faster. Bullet drop is heavy on pistols, but almost not noticeable on Muskets (Except for very long ranges.)

Remember that when shooting a musket, the bullet will not go straight, but go randomly, into any direction. That is the reason why the aiming reticule is so large. When shooting, the bullet will go somewhere in that reticule.

The reason why you think that bullet drop is so heavy, is that a lot of times, the bullets do not go straight and do not go up, but downwards, decreasing your range alot. Aiming Up does not help here, because it can also be that the next shot goes up, shooting much further than you expected. Aiming anywhere close to the enemy can still hit him (Especially on long ranges, as the randomess plays a much larger role here), if you're lucky.

Therefore it is always best to aim straight at your enemy. Shooting with a Musket is just pure luck, nothing else.

Also, a little hint. Aiming 2 seconds with your musket will make aim steadier, and the bullet is more likely to be shooting into the direction of the center of the reticule.
Another hint... Warbands random function is not very good. Most of the time you will end up with the exact, or almost exact values.
So if you know that your bullet just flew low, try to aim abit higher. If you are a little bit lucky, Warbands random function might have chosen the same value again.
That is also the reason why you get the same bush/rock/tree over and over again, when making maps. Warbands random function selects the same value again and again and again.
[close]
Ahhh. I guess luck was involve. People call me crazy when I said  I was lucky.
Anyways thanks for the help on clearing this up and for those hints.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »
Problem solved, thank you Olaf ;)

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 10:11:49 pm »
Yup. The further away the more the bullet drop

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 02:11:24 am »
I've been playing since day one and still don't know the exact answer. It's different than Mount & Musket; I know that. Some people have said there is while others claim that the dropping bullets are for effect but don't actually show where they're truly hitting. What I think personally is that there isn't (if so, very minimal) and it's just the musket's inaccuracy that causes discrepancies in aiming.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 08:26:16 am »
Which bit of the developer TELLING you the system means any of this is still actually a discussion?

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:37 am »
Well i guess we will have to trust our developers.

Offline Neil

• Corporal
  • SeanBeansShako is a fat Cornish cunt
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Neil
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 04:38:55 pm »
Well i guess we will have to trust our developers.

Yis

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 04:41:22 pm »
A bullet drop?

Press G in-game, you will experience bullet dropping.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 08:41:32 pm »

This is the answer. I believe it is time now to lock the thread!