Author Topic: Suggestion:Medics are basically useless - need buffing  (Read 1921 times)

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
Suggestion:Medics are basically useless - need buffing
« on: February 11, 2018, 03:57:46 pm »
This is my opinion only. But basically with the limit of the 40% of whatever a medic can restore, and how slow they hit, and only 10% per hit, they're effectively useless. Most of the time a shot, if it doesn't kill you, brings you to about 10-20% health. When a medic comes, that's only 60% health max, that means the next hit will kill you no matter what. So what's point if you're 10% or 60% health? I think they should swing faster, be able to heal fully, and heal at 25%. Then they would really be a viable option.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Suggestion:Medics are basically useless - need buffing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »
you can still take a hit, even a few hits at 60% HP.  same goes for horses.

anyways we did remove the down attack.   i would probably be in favor speeding it the animation slightly.  the system wasn't really made to heal quickly in the middle of combat, but more for after the fight. 

I don't necessarily agree with making it full health or unlimited.   some of you played on the various servers that had my scripts back in the day with my medic system.   While it was nice, it was probably a little OP the way i had it.  you could practically bring someone back from the dead over and over.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.