Poll

Should NW Be Added to Mount And Blade Warband: Console Edition?

Yes
4 (22.2%)
Maybe
8 (44.4%)
no
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 03, 2017, 06:33:04 am

Author Topic: Give NW DLC To Console Version of Warband  (Read 5435 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Give NW DLC To Console Version of Warband
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »
Maybe if you got on it more instead of going on my post just to call me a console peasant you would have noticed earlier  :D
The last update for NW was in 2013, 4 years ago.

Like Nick said the only thing that keeps NW going are the regiments.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Napoleon I

• Private
  • I Speak For the People
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Napoleon_Bonaparte
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 07:47:45 pm »
Maybe if you got on it more instead of going on my post just to call me a console peasant you would have noticed earlier  :D
The last update for NW was in 2013, 4 years ago.

Like Nick said the only thing that keeps NW going are the regiments.
It terms of updates I was considering only warband not NW but you do have a point.
"God is in his heaven, All is right with the world"

Norwegian13

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 10:51:55 am »
While you wait, if you haven't already I'd suggest you get NW on PC, join a regiment and have some linebattling fun there.

Offline Napoleon I

• Private
  • I Speak For the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 11:38:30 am »
While you wait, if you haven't already I'd suggest you get NW on PC, join a regiment and have some linebattling fun there.
Sadly I don't have it for PC But I wish to advocate for the community I help to keep alive on Console. My voice is the only option of getting the peoples opinion heard whether are not the change happens right away is not my immediate concern. Making sure everyone is represented IS.
The Voice Of The People is my Tool and I intend to use it!

Norwegian13

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 11:43:00 am »
Yeah, get it for PC then. It's not coming for consoles for a while, and the PC community is perhaps on it's last year.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 03:45:09 pm »
Why would they create a console port for an extremely outdated game which is dead on its feet in the PC community too. I'm not sure if you've realised this but both the Talewords and FSE developers are both working on their own games. There would literally be no profitability in making a port. It might cause a player increase for six months max and then it would die out. Definitely not worth it with two new games on the way which will forge an entire new community from the old one.

Not to mention the fact that I can imagine NW being the most annoying shit to play on console.

Offline Napoleon I

• Private
  • I Speak For the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 07:45:03 pm »
Why would they create a console port for an extremely outdated game which is dead on its feet in the PC community too. I'm not sure if you've realised this but both the Talewords and FSE developers are both working on their own games. There would literally be no profitability in making a port. It might cause a player increase for six months max and then it would die out. Definitely not worth it with two new games on the way which will forge an entire new community from the old one.

Not to mention the fact that I can imagine NW being the most annoying shit to play on console.
Maybe that is because you don't know how fluid the controls are on warband. either that or you don't don't have the console version. And yes I do understand that both companies are working on their own game but I am talking about after they release their upcoming projects.Not only are you wrong when it comes to business prospects but you also lack the knowledge  Of your very on community. Bring NW to console will make a profit regardless be a big or small profit does not matter because at the end the day its a profit not a deficit meaning Because of the lack of hard wired coding required to port a game it will always bring in a profit regardless of dying community. l

p.s I have several thousand people who would buy this for 10$ us for this DLC
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:49:26 pm by Napoleon I »

Offline Napoleon I

• Private
  • I Speak For the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:10 pm »
11:36 - Olafson: We already were in Talk with them about porting it over
11:36 - Olafson: like a year ago
11:36 - Olafson: but then bcof got busy and we didnt have time to work on it
11:36 - Olafson: it is still possible, but not right now
11:36 - Olafson: you know, I should actually post that there :P
11:36 - Olafson: thanks
Thank you for a moderate Response Good Sir!
You have My thanks

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 07:50:19 pm »
Yes because after they release their new games they're gonna decide to go back to one that is more outdated than Russia's navy. A small profit is not worth the investment.Time is money and spending a lot of it on a hopeless project is a waste. I'm sure you do have several thousand people sitting behind you whilst you type this message but even if you had say 2000 buy the game at the 10 that would only be a $20000 dollar income, without even factoring in company running costs. I think you're underestimating how much money a game developer needs for a video game venture to be considered successful. I hate to break it to you but it just ain't worth it.

Offline Napoleon I

• Private
  • I Speak For the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 09:39:12 pm »
Yes because after they release their new games they're gonna decide to go back to one that is more outdated than Russia's navy. A small profit is not worth the investment.Time is money and spending a lot of it on a hopeless project is a waste. I'm sure you do have several thousand people sitting behind you whilst you type this message but even if you had say 2000 buy the game at the 10 that would only be a $20000 dollar income, without even factoring in company running costs. I think you're underestimating how much money a game developer needs for a video game venture to be considered successful. I hate to break it to you but it just ain't worth it.
Well you may have a point on that.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 09:43:52 pm »
Good thing about Warbanter is that it can run on literally anything. I used to run Warband on my windows XP machine when it released.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 09:45:45 pm »
Having said that, a port for BCOF or Bannerlord is much more likely imo

Offline Napoleon I

• Private
  • I Speak For the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 10:03:43 pm »
Having said that, a port for BCOF or Bannerlord is much more likely imo
I would love to see a form a DLC on console for Bannerlord if possible.
And Yes you are right about the Probability it releasing on console but A great deal of people feel as if they have been scammed in terms of content for Warband: No MODs, No DLC, No Cheats, No Private Servers, And Lastly No Representation. I feel As though Many Paid the 20$ price for 75% Of the Game. While I understand their means in trying to see if their hand at the console market was good or not , I don't see the point in porting an old game like warband instead of NW. :-\
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:06:01 pm by Napoleon I »

Offline Getty

• Major
  • Leader of the Nr9.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr9_Oberst_Getty
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 04:26:25 am »
Hate to break it to you, but this will never ever happen.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 01:51:56 pm »
I've played with controller it's no where near as fluid as mouse and keyboard due to the melee mechanics. I think the more 'competitive' side of this game is never going to really port over to console well.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.