Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 311762 times)

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #1845 on: March 21, 2018, 01:08:51 am »
In fact, Macedonia would be far closer to merge with Greece rather than with fucking Ukraine, culture-wise.

I literally giggled :P Nothing personal with slavic and the rest really, but close geographical proximity has nothing to do with culture :P

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 21, 2018, 01:12:27 am »
Modern Macedonians are more Bulgar than Greek by far lmao

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 21, 2018, 02:56:53 am »
In fact, Macedonia would be far closer to merge with Greece rather than with fucking Ukraine, culture-wise.

I literally giggled :P Nothing personal with slavic and the rest really, but close geographical proximity has nothing to do with culture :P
alexander the great??

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 21, 2018, 03:04:53 am »

alexander the great??

Old Macedonians aren't modern Macedonians

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1849 on: March 21, 2018, 03:06:24 am »

alexander the great??

Old Macedonians aren't modern Macedonians

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #1850 on: March 21, 2018, 03:09:39 am »

Actually you're right, I thought I read somewhere Macedonia has a substantial percentage of ethnical greek people, but after verification, I mistook it for the percentage of macedonian-speaking people in northern Greece. I never said a Greece/Macedonia merge would be legitimate, I said it would still be less bullshit than Ukraine/Macedonia.

And yeah, ty Pierce, Imma rephrase that now :
In fact, Macedonia would be far closer to merge with Bulgaria rather than with fucking Ukraine, culture-wise.

lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #1851 on: March 21, 2018, 03:46:59 am »
Who actually gives a shit

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 21, 2018, 06:16:42 am »
"Credibility" is a better word, perhaps ?
This isn't about pleasing everyone, it's about logic, common sense.

If there's already a Yugoslavia team, and if the Serbia/Russia coalition has been splitted, then the Ukraine/Macedonia coalition has to be splitted too. Two coalitions that shouldn't have happened at all in the first place, btw.

I believe the sole reason why you would allow such preposterous coalitions is the so-called "lack of players" in both teams. Which is not the case anymore : Both Ukraine and Yugoslavia can make their own teams, and Macedonia is former Yougoslavia. Therefore, macedonian players should play for team Yougoslavia or for their own macedonian team if they have enough to field one - which I doubt.

I'd suggest you to focus more on the compliance with the concept of a Nations Cup rather than "pleasing" the highest amount of players involved in your tournament.

You've been doing a great job so far, would be a shame to ruin everything right before the start.

If i was focusing the most on the prospect of this being a "nations cup" you wouldn't have a team right now.  So i suggest you select your words wisely, as right now you're just contradicting yourself.  As technically it should be Team Great Britain.  Not Team Scotland, Wales and England. 

Nevertheless. I appreciate your opinion, but i just personally don't think you are the right person to "voice" that opinion....still......Noted and thankyou.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:19:10 am by Hercules »

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
« Reply #1853 on: March 21, 2018, 09:20:33 am »
Well since Wales and Scotland are constituent countries their situation is different in my opinion. So to say Dayboul is contradicting is a bit unfair.
As long as a constituent country can bring enough people they should be able to form a team.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 21, 2018, 09:35:53 am »
Well since Wales and Scotland are constituent countries their situation is different in my opinion. So to say Dayboul is contradicting is a bit unfair.
As long as a constituent country can bring enough people they should be able to form a team.

I don't know if you are aware (correct me if wrong), but in all these tournaments NWWC or NWEC. It has always been Team GB with the exception ofc with Scotland since like last 2 tournaments.  And this year Scotland was initially banned due to the whole bullshit with Illegitimate players last year.  Thankfully this year it has been drafted correctly.  But the point still stands.  I've allowed team Scotland and Wales, not because its a "Nations Cup"  But because it allows for a more interesting tournament as a whole....Anyone should understand this.  NW has slowly diminished in recent years.  The more teams we get, the better.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:39:44 am by Hercules »

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 21, 2018, 10:01:18 am »
Just because it happened recent years does not mean it should be done this year, so what you are doing with different/ more teams is good in my opinion. just put the boundary on something like only constituent countries.

In case of merges, I think you should only allow merges of countries with the same origins of language. since language unites people.
(map of language families)=> https://jakubmarian.com/map-of-languages-and-language-families-of-europe/
But only allow merges if the country itself cant bring enough people to field a roster.

Just my opinion of the matter.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1856 on: March 21, 2018, 10:04:00 am »

I don't know if you are aware (correct me if wrong), but in all these tournaments NWWC or NWEC. It has always been Team GB with the exception ofc with Scotland since like last 2 tournaments.  And this year Scotland was initially banned due to the whole bullshit with Illegitimate players last year.  Thankfully this year it has been drafted correctly.  But the point still stands.  I've allowed team Scotland and Wales, not because its a "Nations Cup"  But because it allows for a more interesting tournament as a whole....Anyone should understand this.  NW has slowly diminished in recent years.  The more teams we get, the better.
Okay I'll correct you. In NWEC 2014, NWWC 2015 there was a Welsh and Irish team as well.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 21, 2018, 10:10:16 am »

Okay I'll correct you. In NWEC 2014, NWWC 2015 there was a Welsh and Irish team as well.

Ah fuck, Herishey knows all my bad.  And ireland is irrelevant as there will be always an irish team.  Not talking about NI.   

You at work or summet?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:15:33 am by Hercules »

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1858 on: March 21, 2018, 10:16:24 am »
Spoiler

Ah fuck, Herishey knows all my bad.  And ireland is irrelevant as there will be always an irish team.  Not talking about NI.   

You at work or summet?
[close]
Yeah.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 21, 2018, 10:43:39 am »
Oh ye and technically the Netherlands is a constituent country, so the NWWC/ NWWE have always accepted constituent countries. So the welsh and Scottish were excluded for the first year(s) (idk for sure) i guess, they should always have been accepted if the Netherlands was accepted too:P.

But thats just some minor things that are mean to use.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:38:42 am by _Anubis_ »