Poll

Which Date Would You Prefer This to be Hosted?

22nd of March
15th of March
Don't Care

Author Topic: 10th Regimental Groupfighting Tournament [EU 10v10] - March 22nd  (Read 53827 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 10th Regimental Groupfighting Tournament [EU 10v10] - March 22nd
« Reply #750 on: March 28, 2020, 02:10:54 am »
NW will be dead by then surely ?
People have predicted NW's death so many times in the past, I'm sure it will even - somehow - survive the release of Bannerlord.
Maybe for a few weeks. Then it should die. I hope.
If it doesn't die im nuking turkey

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #751 on: March 28, 2020, 02:58:20 am »
There's not gonna be dedicated servers on bannerlord for a while. So there's no reason for regiments to completely switch over... It would surprise me very much if anything changed for NW at all. A part form maybe a couple of events less because people will be doing some bannerlord stuff a couple times a week.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:19:19 pm by Rikkert »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #752 on: March 28, 2020, 05:50:21 am »
What did you all think was going to happen when it comes out?

We're not a flock of birds going on the great migration you pansies. Without custom servers NW will carry on.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #753 on: March 28, 2020, 12:31:13 pm »
Then it'll be the week after most likely, as I clearly put in my post 'if nothing else is organised then'.

Coco talk to Chriseh directly. I'm not having another shit storm on this thread. 96y are not rematching though they didn't play at all as they had no players on the server at all so I got the other matches to done and called it a day.

So tournament knockouts will be 12th April?

And since it’s basically a 3 week gap between group stages and knockouts can do like 3 swaps for players similar to NWWC cos many of my players want to quit NW totally once bannerlord comes out? These players swapped in would abide by the player rules of course regarding being in the reg for a specific set of time as listed in rules. Furthermore it’d seem fair as in 45thN situation, as I could imagine in other regs, some of our better players couldn’t come to the group stages for RGT at all on the day but informed me so we swapped them out the roster - however these players can play at the knockout stage being at a different date. Could we discuss the topic of swaps as it’d be a major help considering this tourney looks like it’ll be stretched out for ages.

I really doubt the release of Bannerlord (which is only replacing Native at the moment) is gonna stop attendance on 1 Sunday evening for a 2hour NW tournament.

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 28, 2020, 01:00:53 pm »
people 5yr from now still tryina win palmares for their steam wall calling it

Wursti

« Reply #755 on: March 28, 2020, 01:27:34 pm »
ppl thinking that bannerlord will kill NW actually have negative IQ

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #756 on: March 28, 2020, 02:55:43 pm »
Then it'll be the week after most likely, as I clearly put in my post 'if nothing else is organised then'.

Coco talk to Chriseh directly. I'm not having another shit storm on this thread. 96y are not rematching though they didn't play at all as they had no players on the server at all so I got the other matches to done and called it a day.

So tournament knockouts will be 12th April?

And since it’s basically a 3 week gap between group stages and knockouts can do like 3 swaps for players similar to NWWC cos many of my players want to quit NW totally once bannerlord comes out? These players swapped in would abide by the player rules of course regarding being in the reg for a specific set of time as listed in rules. Furthermore it’d seem fair as in 45thN situation, as I could imagine in other regs, some of our better players couldn’t come to the group stages for RGT at all on the day but informed me so we swapped them out the roster - however these players can play at the knockout stage being at a different date. Could we discuss the topic of swaps as it’d be a major help considering this tourney looks like it’ll be stretched out for ages.

I really doubt the release of Bannerlord (which is only replacing Native at the moment) is gonna stop attendance on 1 Sunday evening for a 2hour NW tournament.

honestly maskman, if your players are not willing to fight for you 2 weeks after the release of bannerlord, they are not "fully devoted" to you reg

But u got a point about some roster changes.
E.g. Caryon (in 2lr roster) lives in suisse and during his military service there, he was trained to be a medic. This friday he has to got back to the military because of corona.

So I think something about 1-3 swaps would be nice, as there are still more then 80% from the former team, when you decide to replace the maximum possible.
To prevent anyone getting legends in their reg, I'm totally fine about that, that everyone who wants to play, has to be in the reg since the day before RGT group stages

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #757 on: March 28, 2020, 03:32:17 pm »
Their was never any roster changes in the RGT especially after the matches were played in the groupstages.

Especially if you only want to change because suddenly you can have stronger players in Maskman his case that is dead retarded to allow swaps.
In the case of Darktemplar you could make a point about that being very unfortunate that he is being called upon to serve, but then again this is why you have a roster of 15 guys so that you always have some reserves.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #758 on: March 28, 2020, 03:43:49 pm »
True dat
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #759 on: March 28, 2020, 04:05:21 pm »
Their was never any roster changes in the RGT especially after the matches were played in the groupstages.

Especially if you only want to change because suddenly you can have stronger players in Maskman his case that is dead retarded to allow swaps.
In the case of Darktemplar you could make a point about that being very unfortunate that he is being called upon to serve, but then again this is why you have a roster of 15 guys so that you always have some reserves.

It wouldn't be a problem for us to play with 14 instead of 15
But I personally think no participating regiment has a problem with it, when they are able to swap players out, who said they are available last time, but aren't available in 2 weeks. Or the other way round, some good players of the regiment hadn't time last time, but are available in 2 weeks.

in the end it's, of course, organizers decision, as masks idea would mean more work for them, but I'm fine with whatever dicision they will take

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 28, 2020, 04:10:21 pm »
Yeah I understand maskman and templar. For the 15th Fralla couldn't make it to the previous date, so he was removed from the roster. Since we don't know what day it is going to be played at yet, some people might not be able to make it, whilst some others might be able to step in for them. This is not a question of getting stronger players in, but more so of having people available on the day itself.

And the fact that RGT never had roster swaps in the previous years is a non-argument. In those previous years it finished in one day, so there was no need for roster swaps. Other leagues that take longer than one day always allow for roster swaps. Those leagues might have an exception that people can't swap between regiments in playoffs, but  members 'new to the competition' / that weren't on any other regiment's roster before can always be added.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:14:09 pm by Rikkert »

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 28, 2020, 04:40:45 pm »
Yeah I understand maskman and templar. For the 15th Fralla couldn't make it to the previous date, so he was removed from the roster. Since we don't know what day it is going to be played at yet, some people might not be able to make it, whilst some others might be able to step in for them. This is not a question of getting stronger players in, but more so of having people available on the day itself.

And the fact that RGT never had roster swaps in the previous years is a non-argument. In those previous years it finished in one day, so there was no need for roster swaps. Other leagues that take longer than one day always allow for roster swaps. Those leagues might have an exception that people can't swap between regiments in playoffs, but  members 'new to the competition' / that weren't on any other regiment's roster before can always be added.

Yea I reckon you dont know as you didnt play back then but the 5th edition did

Wursti

« Reply #762 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:06 pm »
92nd still mad yikes

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #763 on: March 28, 2020, 05:05:36 pm »
people 5yr from now still tryina win palmares for their steam wall calling it
None of these losers are ever overtaking me. - Carriedshey
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 28, 2020, 05:07:12 pm »
92nd still mad yikes

Oh man blood boiling!!

Not  ;D