Author Topic: Casualty Report Removal  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Gaines2000

• Corporal
  • Sir Doctor Professor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Dr_Prf
  • Side: Confederacy
Casualty Report Removal
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:10:25 am »
Is there a server-side script that will disable the casualty board? If so, is anyone willing to make one? I'm planning a small murder-mystery event that would be ruined by casualty reports. Thanks in advance.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Casualty Report Removal
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 08:25:38 am »
Is there a server-side script that will disable the casualty board? If so, is anyone willing to make one? I'm planning a small murder-mystery event that would be ruined by casualty reports. Thanks in advance.
You can just turn the kill feed off in the options.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:36:42 pm »

You can't turn off casualty report server-side, but as always there is a trick you can do. Out of top of my mind, something like this should work:

-module_mission_templates: alter ti_on_agent_hit trigger for the mission template, adding stuff at bottom of "# run on server (try_begin)," code block, just before "(try_end)"
--check if damage made is greater than HP of agent being damaged
--if it is, do damage of same amount to the agent without specifying attacker agent (use agent_deliver_damage_to_agent and set attacker agent to be 0)
--change initial attack damage to 0 by using set_trigger_result

Last two items mentioned above will show a player died but won't display the name of the killer, nor will he get a kill on scoreboard. Of course if you want server to know who actual killer is you would also store his agent id somewhere or assign a value to one of his agent slots.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:55:20 pm by Grozni »

Offline Gaines2000

• Corporal
  • Sir Doctor Professor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Dr_Prf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »

You can't turn off casualty report server-side, but as always there is a trick you can do. Out of top of my mind, something like this should work:

-module_mission_templates: alter ti_on_agent_hit trigger for the mission template, adding stuff at bottom of "# run on server (try_begin)," code block, just before "(try_end)"
--if it is, do damage of same amount to the agent without specifying attacker agent (use agent_deliver_damage_to_agent and set attacker agent to be 0)

Last two items mentioned above will show a player died but won't display the name of the killer, nor will he get a kill on scoreboard. Of course if you want server to know who actual killer is you would also store his agent id somewhere or assign a value to one of his agent slots.
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

Offline JohannBrahms

• Sergeant
  • benis
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohannBrahms
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:47:35 am »

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.
NOICE WORK