Author Topic: Unban Request- Johannes_Brahms  (Read 699 times)

Offline JohannBrahms

• Sergeant
  • benis
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohannBrahms
  • Side: Neutral
Unban Request- Johannes_Brahms
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:53:13 pm »
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/547507488809369891/6595AE0B6C03417434BDB6134D9858ADE513423E/

Name under which you were banned - Johannes_Brahms
Server(s) you are banned from- NW Official NA_1
What was happening when you got banned:
I made a comment about the British being being cowards by sitting right next to the map border.
Someone assumed I was complaining because I had died (due to a failure to recognize the invisible border), I told the guy "negro, I just joined." Meaning that I had yet to die due to my own stupidity.

An admin said "No slurs" or something, and I asked if "negro" was a slur- it's actually not, it's just considered to be an offensive term. From Wikipedia:
"Negro" superseded "colored" as the most polite terminology, at a time when "black" was more offensive.[3] This usage was accepted as normal, even by people classified as Negroes, until the later Civil Rights movement in the late 1960s. One well-known example is the identification by Martin Luther King, Jr. of his own race as "Negro" in his famous 1963 speech I Have a Dream.

Time and date when the account was banned: 3:40PM EST, September 6, 2014
Timezone: EST (GMT -5 if I recall correctly)
User Identification Number* 307809

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Request- Johannes_Brahms
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:27:41 am »
Word is not allowed in the server.

I will go ahead and put this here.

- Do not harass or argue with admins. In the event that you are unhappy with an admins behaviour or ruling on a matter, please take a record and appeal to Deofuta, Thunderstormer, or Littleguy for NA, or Crusader, Tiki, Cinzii for EU.

Breaking a rule an admin just asked you not to is not a good idea in any server.  Nor is arguing with in admin.  Best to do the above.

Bump this thread on 9/9/14 to be unbanned.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline JohannBrahms

• Sergeant
  • benis
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohannBrahms
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 03:36:00 am »
Word is not allowed in the server.

I will go ahead and put this here.

- Do not harass or argue with admins. In the event that you are unhappy with an admins behaviour or ruling on a matter, please take a record and appeal to Deofuta, Thunderstormer, or Littleguy for NA, or Crusader, Tiki, Cinzii for EU.

Breaking a rule an admin just asked you not to is not a good idea in any server.  Nor is arguing with in admin.  Best to do the above.

Bump this thread on 9/9/14 to be unbanned.
Bump

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 05:59:31 am »
Unbanned, should be able to rejoin within the hour.

Be sure to reread the rules as to not be banned again or next time it will be longer.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.