Author Topic: It's been a pleasure.  (Read 9161 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
It's been a pleasure.
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:57:20 am »
I doubt it will come as a surprise to most of you after the recent events (me backing up from the 7v7 Tournament, leaving the 85e etc ..) but I'm going to stop Napoleonic Wars actively (and all other warband modules for that matter). Now I know that people saying they were 'leaving' has been a thing pretty much since the birth of the community and making a post to 'announce' it, can be seen as highly pathetic by a few. But I've always been one from cringe topics and it actually kind of bothered me to go without saying a lil' good bye.

I have been playing warband for nearly 7 years now and never really completed stopped it, only gave more focus to certain communities like native when I was a bit tired with NW in 2016 for instance. In every communities I've played in, warband wise, I've always felt the need to involve me as the best of my communities because I don't know any other way to do it, simple as. But despite me thinking at some point that Native was going to have the upper-hand on NW, forced to admit that it wasn't the case. Napoleonic Wars will always be my first and best community despite the amazing experiences and encounters I've made on Native too (also part of the reasons why I don't post a message on Taleworlds for example). I've also always told myself that the day I wouldn't feel the vibe, even not a little, I would stop. And this day has come. There is only very few stuff left to clear such as who is going to replace me as moderator of the French forum and its something Carabino and I have already been looking into but for the rest, my posts on the forums and my in game activity have already been decreasing by a large margin those last few days/weeks and it won't become better as the time goes.

I know many people are going to expect a 'Tardet's novel' or something along that line, with me thanking all the people who mattered in those seven years. Well you're going to get a novel one way or another because I can't summarize things for shit even if my whole life depended on it however, true is that to give to those people the recognition they actually deserve, it would take me approximatively the same time needed to write an actual novel, like a book one.

However, a question which often came back when I was discussing with people throughout the years was to explain what were the reason(s) which kept me interested and motived to involve myself in different aspect of the M&B communities and especially on Napoleonic Wars. Among all the answers I could have think of, from the weird-but-unique gameplay which has always fascinated me, to the high competition which never cease to existed, and the diversity of the events that are organised, there is one which always stood out more than any others.

Mount and Blade Warband effectively represents 7500h of my life, the time spent on Napoleonic War being approximatively 50% of it if not more. 7500h. 325 days. 450000 minutes. 2700000 seconds. Nearly a whole year playing that game. And if I don't regret a single second of it, this is mainly because I was given this unique chance to encounter thousands of exceptional people which all impacted my gaming experience in one way or another. I've never been part of the greatest players, never the most talented leader, certainly not the best event organizer. And despite what people may think, I do strongly believe there are hundreds of people who contributes daily into making this community a better, more enjoyable and more interesting place; way better than I will ever do, but who get eventually unnoticed. However, if there is one thing I've always been good at, it’s always seeing the best in most people. Or at least trying to.

My last message is dedicated this to all the wonderful members of this community I had the chance to meet. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Words will never do enough justice to your greatness.

I had a blast.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:03:43 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: It's been a pleasure.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 06:02:28 am »
have a wonderful life ahead it was good knowing you from the time we met and thanks for the tips even tho I didn't listen love - Kuni good luck tardet you did a lot of amazing stuff for nw
wheres the love?

|Viper|

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:51 am »
Though we both hate each other I wish you the best of luck in the future Tardet.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:04:43 am »
Even if we had our disagreements, it's sad to see such a veteran and someone who had a large impact on this community leave.

Best of luck in the future.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:19:04 am »
You're a great writer and although I never knew you, I always read the long posts and appreciated your formatting ability.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 07:29:58 am »
Happy to see this snake go, ditched me in the 5v5 league!

It's incredibly saddening to see you go Tardet, you truly were a luminary in this community and the mark you've left is immeasurable. Don't forget us please, as we'll certainly never forget you. <3

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 08:14:21 am »

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 08:32:06 am »
Good luck !

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58:24 am »
With that post you made me a bit prouder to be in our community, really an awesome text. You always had a talent for that.
Truly sad seeing you leaving, that's for sure.

I wish you best of luck for your future life!

Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 10:00:33 am »
"Its been a pleasure."

Has it really though?!

Good luck you old coon, I hope that when Bannerlord releases this year (Please lord) then we shall see you there.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 10:27:17 am »
I regret every minute you played this game.  :-*
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 10:53:16 am »
 :-*

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:38 pm »
We can only hope that someone comes along with just as much class and passion for this community as you have shown.
Good luck in the future and thanks for your work

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »
Happy to see this snake go, ditched me in the 5v5 league!

It's incredibly saddening to see you go Tardet, you truly were a luminary in this community and the mark you've left is immeasurable. Don't forget us please, as we'll certainly never forget you. <3
I'll miss my favorite frenchie  :'( :'( :'(