Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 6]  (Read 356753 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 6] STARTS 2/7
« Reply #1620 on: February 27, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
Labels in charge of the admins. He ignored Jackies ref app,even though Jackie was the one who made the rules. Kek.

My point, label ignored a couple of experienced admins.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:00:39 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • MoskovGren Ody on steam
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Kpt_~Odysseus~
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1621 on: February 27, 2016, 07:00:42 pm »
for real, there should be a quiz to become a referee and the questions should revolve around controversial settings like OA while O is in mid of line or sitting on a hill for 3 minutes and remembering this sort of shit or have 2 refs per every LB and both ref are tasked to do two different jobs at once to maximize efficiency.

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #1622 on: February 27, 2016, 07:03:19 pm »
But we didn't even hillcamp that hard in our 1v1 against you.  :'(
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #1623 on: February 27, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »
for real, there should be a quiz to become a referee and the questions should revolve around controversial settings like OA while O is in mid of line or sitting on a hill for 3 minutes and remembering this sort of shit or have 2 refs per every LB and both ref are tasked to do two different jobs at once to maximize efficiency.
Not a bad idea
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #1624 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:30 pm »
Something that grinds my gears.

In my 1v1 today, when the 8th dropped to 9 people and I out numbered by 2, 9 v 11, I was told to balance not only by Banana but also Nathan. I mean it's a fundamental rule which is 10 is minimum nwl line and if less than 10 you may have 11 vs. "x".

Another thing that REALLY grinds my gears last week, in my 1v1 vs the 4th, the referees almost always forgot about the 3 hill minute rule and didn't tell the 4th to get off the hill once, in the video they even remembered to say it but since we got into melee or w.e happened it wasn't necessary.

My point is this, the referees are forgetting fundamental rules about this league. They're forgetting the rule that people probably abuse the most, the 3 min hill rule and I mean today, in my 1v1 the whole 11 vs 9 telling me to balance is bs.

It's like you're  at basketball game and the referee doesn't know what traveling is.

The thing is though, in our match I don't remember ever exceeding the 3 minute camping rule, combat that involved moving always took place before that. The thing about the rule is, if I'm on the hill, and you come onto the hill, and we start maneuvering around the hill and combat is taking place on the hill, then the camping rule is nullified. But you guys watch us camp for like 1 minute and start going "ISN'T THERE LIKE A 3 MINUTE RULE, WTF REFS??? DO SOMETHING  :'(  :'(  :'("

Also don't talk about refs messing up the rules in our match, slaying Rex for an OA that didn't happen certainly didn't hurt you guys winning.

Yes, we did, we camped pretty hard, I was playing super defensive, I think it was like 3 rounds where we advanced on them, but as I said, I have no regrets about camping that hard, nor do I feel like a scumbag for it, because I'm never going to do otherwise on like 30 minutes notice, with no warm up and with so many of our best guys missing, it's just not going to happen and it would be ridiculous to attempt to be the aggressor at 75% strength on a regiment at full strength.

The saddest thing about this though, is it was like 2 weeks ago and there's still crying going on about it lol, like you have all the rights to cry during and for like the day after the match, cry all you want about the camping, but 2 weeks from it happening, grow up and move on, like I'm not even still salty about losing, why are you still salty about winning lmao? I would make a recommendation for people who cry that long, but I don't want to get muted again, because I have a league of my own to run.

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 27, 2016, 08:01:09 pm »

In my 1v1 today, when the 8th dropped to 9 people and I out numbered by 2, 9 v 11, I was told to balance not only by Banana but also Nathan. I mean it's a fundamental rule which is 10 is minimum nwl line and if less than 10 you may have 11 vs. "x".

Another thing that REALLY grinds my gears last week, in my 1v1 vs the 4th, the referees almost always forgot about the 3 hill minute rule and didn't tell the 4th to get off the hill once, in the video they even remembered to say it but since we got into melee or w.e happened it wasn't necessary.

My point is this, the referees are forgetting fundamental rules about this league. They're forgetting the rule that people probably abuse the most, the 3 min hill rule and I mean today, in my 1v1 the whole 11 vs 9 telling me to balance is bs.

It's like you're  at basketball game and the referee doesn't know what traveling is.

The thing is though, in our match I don't remember ever exceeding the 3 minute camping rule, combat that involved moving always took place before that. The thing about the rule is, if I'm on the hill, and you come onto the hill, and we start maneuvering around the hill and combat is taking place on the hill, then the camping rule is nullified. But you guys watch us camp for like 1 minute and start going "ISN'T THERE LIKE A 3 MINUTE RULE, WTF REFS??? DO SOMETHING  :'(  :'(  :'("

Also don't talk about refs messing up the rules in our match, slaying Rex for an OA that didn't happen certainly didn't hurt you guys winning.

Yes, we did, we camped pretty hard, I was playing super defensive, I think it was like 3 rounds where we advanced on them, but as I said, I have no regrets about camping that hard, nor do I feel like a scumbag for it, because I'm never going to do otherwise on like 30 minutes notice, with no warm up and with so many of our best guys missing, it's just not going to happen and it would be ridiculous to attempt to be the aggressor at 75% strength on a regiment at full strength.

The saddest thing about this though, is it was like 2 weeks ago and there's still crying going on about it lol, like you have all the rights to cry during and for like the day after the match, cry all you want about the camping, but 2 weeks from it happening, grow up and move on, like I'm not even still salty about losing, why are you still salty about winning lmao? I would make a recommendation for people who cry that long, but I don't want to get muted again, because I have a league of my own to run.
There is so much wrong with what you said. lol.

Let's make some corrections:
1. I was missing a lot of people too lol and don't give me the b.s you were missing your best, you had rex, godfried and bill, unless you got bill's twin, you had your best.
2. I had just as little warm up before the LB as you did, I didn't even want to do it but it was the only day we could, to avoid extending it for next week.
3. Rex OA'd me and that's why I was slain, at the time of the OA I could of request a reset but I didn't want to, yw.
4. I'm not salty that I beat you bag of trolls for the 2nd time now, not in the slightest. I'm trying to bring to all the referees attention to pay attention to rules and detail like 3 minute hill rule. I was shocked Nathan the 63e Mod, whom btw I actually like, forgot about the 10 men min in my match last night. There needs to be a test or a quiz for referees hitting controversial questions so they don't take time out of the match to scratch their noggins and decide. Everything should be done quickly and swiftly. Everything  controversial needs to be discussed and cleared up so there is no gray area.

Fuck the format, I'm using my format.

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 27, 2016, 08:04:59 pm »
Not a bad idea
I approve +1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 27, 2016, 08:09:28 pm »
The camp rule is actually 5 mins, but its a trend with the refs to shorten it to 3

Lawbringer

« Reply #1628 on: February 27, 2016, 08:10:35 pm »
The camp rule is actually 5 mins, but its a trend with the refs to shorten it to 3

No actually last season it was shortened to 3 mins by the Cheeseypants administration and enacted as a rule.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:29 pm »
Front page says its 5

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 27, 2016, 08:13:39 pm »

1. I was missing a lot of people too lol and don't give me the b.s you were missing your best, you had rex, godfried and bill, unless you got bill's twin, you had your best.
2. I had just as little warm up before the LB as you did, I didn't even want to do it but it was the only day we could, to avoid extending it for next week.
3. Rex OA'd me and that's why I was slain, at the time of the OA I could of request a reset but I didn't want to, yw.

4. I'm not salty that I beat you bag of trolls for the 2nd time now, not in the slightest. I'm trying to bring to all the referees attention to pay attention to rules and detail like 3 minute hill rule. I was shocked Nathan the 63e Mod, whom btw I actually like, forgot about the 10 men min in my match last night. There needs to be a test or a quiz for referees hitting controversial questions so they don't take time out of the match to scratch their noggins and decide. Everything should be done quickly and swiftly. Everything  controversial needs to be discussed and cleared up so there is no gray area.

1) We have a lot more players on that level than just myself, Bill and Rex, who were missing. I don't believe JESUS, Ttown, OpponentMule or Dickhardrock were missing from your line up however.
2)Not true at all, I was the one who pointed out to Nico that you and your guys were already on Mount and Blade and remarked how we could have done the match, though I meant if we scheduled a lot earlier....not on the day.
3)You weren't at the end of your line though, you behind your line, you shouldn't have been given a reset and Rex should not have been slain.

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 27, 2016, 08:17:56 pm »
Spoiler

1) We have a lot more players on that level than just myself, Bill and Rex, who were missing. I don't believe JESUS, Ttown, OpponentMule or Dickhardrock were missing from your line up however.
2)Not true at all, I was the one who pointed out to Nico that you and your guys were already on Mount and Blade and remarked how we could have done the match, though I meant if we scheduled a lot earlier....not on the day.
3)You weren't at the end of your line though, you behind your line, you shouldn't have been given a reset and Rex should not have been slain.
[close]
1) Like who else lol? And No, Mule was missing.
2) We were planning on going to a pub event, with no formal warmup or practice beforehand, and Nico msg'd me and I was like fuck it.
3)It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what the rules state, an OA deems a slay.

Lawbringer

« Reply #1632 on: February 27, 2016, 08:18:27 pm »
Lol don't be shocked that Nathan is making mistakes. He has literally so little experience with this area of the community and he has never been a ref. He literally near the beginning said

"I thought Historical names were banned"

Clearly Nathan doesn't read the rules and just acts on what he is told so you cannot be surprised when newer admins and mods mess up.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1633 on: February 27, 2016, 08:21:59 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
2) We were planning on going to a pub event, with no formal warmup or practice beforehand, and Nico msg'd me and I was like fuck it.
3)It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what the rules state, an OA deems a slay.
actually if you move behind your line and get shot it's your own fault. No punishments are given. Read the rules 8)

Dickwad

Can my shitpost rank go up yet?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 27, 2016, 08:22:32 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
1)Ritz407, Mushroom, Shinto to name a few.
2)Formal warm up is not required, just playing the game for an hour beforehand is sufficient warm up, which we didn't even get.
3)"7. - No officer targeting! (Officers charging are fair game!) If a regiment chooses to use 2 officers, shooting either is officer aim! Shooting an officer can result in anything from a warning or if vital to the round, to a repetition of the round. If officers are targeted continuously, even after warning, you can be kicked from the event. If the line is stationary and the officer moves behind or in front of his line, it is his own fault"

It's not "what I think", it's literally in the rules. As the rule states, it was your own fault for being behind your line, so no slay or reset. Know the rules.