Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77235 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #540 on: January 23, 2020, 08:35:38 am »
Thinking of buying this to play Paradox games while I wait for the chunks in between my university classes
https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345619203819&urlLangId=&quantity=1

Its pretty weak man, i would look around more. A 2 core cpu now adays is pretty whack. And the Vega 3 igpu has to be pretty weak. I was on Vega 8 igpu and i was barely playing most stuff. So i really doubt the Vega 3 could do much but idk it might be enough for paradox games. But tbh i am sure you can find a better deal then something HP. Look at Lenovo they usually have really good prices and are decent quality.
Will do

Here you go!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vega-HDMI-720p-Front-RAM-FHD-Black-8GB-display-AMD-Tuned-Radeon-14-Ryzen-THX-Graphics-IR-SSD-Laptop-MOTILE-5-Spatial-256GB-8-Performance-Audio-HD-Cam/587143396?selected=true

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #541 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:44 pm »
Thinking of buying this to play Paradox games while I wait for the chunks in between my university classes
https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345619203819&urlLangId=&quantity=1

Its pretty weak man, i would look around more. A 2 core cpu now adays is pretty whack. And the Vega 3 igpu has to be pretty weak. I was on Vega 8 igpu and i was barely playing most stuff. So i really doubt the Vega 3 could do much but idk it might be enough for paradox games. But tbh i am sure you can find a better deal then something HP. Look at Lenovo they usually have really good prices and are decent quality.
Will do

Here you go!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vega-HDMI-720p-Front-RAM-FHD-Black-8GB-display-AMD-Tuned-Radeon-14-Ryzen-THX-Graphics-IR-SSD-Laptop-MOTILE-5-Spatial-256GB-8-Performance-Audio-HD-Cam/587143396?selected=true
Shame, I needed that 6 months ago! I just got a simple acer laptop with an SSD that suits my note taking needs well. Thanks though
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Azwad

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
    • 10scopes
  • Nick: Azwad
« Reply #542 on: February 06, 2020, 07:51:10 am »
No matter how great is your PC, unless you have extremely good fans for cooling it :-X. I will recommend you to keep you PC cool by adding a mixure of both High CFM fans as well as High static pressure fans. There's tons of reviews out there on the internet.
You can also check this review:
https://10scopes.com/case-fans/
I found this list of different sized fans quite useful.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2020, 08:41:06 am »
Not only did nobody ask for this message it's also factually incorrect.

Is this reddit?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #544 on: April 05, 2020, 05:46:54 pm »
What would be the best setup for me? I want to be able to play games maxed out graphics with a very high fps so there is no lag and I will also be doing some (not that much) video editing and quite a lot photoshopping. I got this setup. But I don't know for which one I must go. Someone on Steam helped me a big deal, and also on a forum they suggested me a setup. But now I ask myself what is the best for me. My budget is 4.000 euros maximum.

i9-9900K + Dark Rock Pro 4 (with Prolimatech PK-3)
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
32GB DDR4-3600 G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Asus RoG Strix 2080 Ti 11GB
Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 2TB
Samsung 860 QVO 4TB
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Fractal Design Define 7 Dark (Tempered Glass)
3x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM (for the case)
Windows 10 64 Bit

Edit: Gaming will way far outweigh the video editing and using photoshop. I also heard the 9900k was also one of the best CPU's for gaming.

I appreciate all the help.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:01:51 pm by Skaen »

Offline lonedoge

• Captain
  • artist
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #545 on: April 05, 2020, 08:31:56 pm »
Apparently the 9900k runs hot so I think it might be a good thing to consider liquid cooling. This is just what I heard when searching for upgrades and im no expert

Skaen

« Reply #546 on: April 05, 2020, 08:32:53 pm »
Apparently the 9900k runs hot so I think it might be a good thing to consider liquid cooling. This is just what I heard when searching for upgrades and im no expert
Yeah I was afraid this was gonna be an issue. Are there any liquid coolers that work silent and effective?

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 05, 2020, 09:09:21 pm »
My current build:

Fractal Define R6 black - Glass
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (6x 3.6GHz / 4.2GHz Turbo)
Standard AMD Box Fan
MSI X470 Gaming Pro
16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz TridentZ RGB
250GB Crucial MX500 M.2 SATA-SSD (L 560MB/s ; S 510MB/s)
1000GB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm
8GB MSI GTX1070Ti GAMING
500W BeQuiet PurePower 10

I also replaced the tower-fan with the corsair ll140 rgb and I really like it. Furthermore got a 500 gb crucial mx500 ssd (not the M2 version).

Nothing too crazy at all, but handles everything really good and doesn´t get too hot. Next upgrade will probably be a better cpu fan, a new monitor and earlier or later a new gpu.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:17:25 pm by Lone »
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Skaen

« Reply #548 on: April 05, 2020, 11:43:18 pm »
What would be the best setup for me? I want to be able to play games maxed out graphics with a very high fps so there is no lag and I will also be doing some (not that much) video editing and quite a lot photoshopping. I got this setup. But I don't know for which one I must go. Someone on Steam helped me a big deal, and also on a forum they suggested me a setup. But now I ask myself what is the best for me. My budget is 4.000 euros maximum.

Spoiler
i9-9900K + Dark Rock Pro 4 (with Prolimatech PK-3)
32GB DDR4-3600 G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 2TB
Samsung 860 QVO 4TB
Fractal Design Define 7 Dark (Tempered Glass)
Windows 10 64 Bit
[close]

Edit: Gaming will way far outweigh the video editing and using photoshop. I also heard the 9900k was also one of the best CPU's for gaming.

I appreciate all the help.

I updated my settings.

i9-9900KS + Dark Rock Pro 4 (with Prolimatech PK-3)
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64GB 4x16 DDR4-3600 CL16
Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 2TB
SanDisk Ultra 3D 4TB
Fractal Vector RS Dark Tempered Glass
Windows 10 64 Bit

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2020, 03:25:19 am »
Cases are very subjective in terms of how you priorities aesthetics vs temperature and noise, but I would say that this will run very hot; this case has pretty poor airflow, plus having a very hot CPU on an air cooler. Remember that air coolers use the air already inside the case to cool the CPU, so as the air gets heated up inside the case from the CPU and GPU the cooling becomes less efficient. Low air turnover inside the case means it heats up more.
For that reason if you do go with a 9900KS I'd strongly recommend a 360mm radiator, the TDP on that thing is insane. Honestly I'd stick with a 9900KF if you're set on Intel. If you're willing to spend that much money on a CPU you need to be willing to spend a lot on cooling if needed.

I'm not sure that the Z390 boards can use Gen 4 PCIe, I was under the impression that it was a new feature on only x570 (AMD) boards at the moment, but I could be wrong. Either way I wouldn't go for Gen 4 SSDs as they run much hotter, are less stable at high temperatures and you genuinely will not notice the difference in speed; storage drives almost never actually reach full speed for any significant length of time. Crystalmark benchmark max speeds do not translate well into real world performance.
I'm glad to see you dropped the Samsung QVO from your initial list, they have significantly shorter lifespans than the EVOs (QLC in general is worse than TLC) which is one of the trade-offs to make them cheaper.

One other thing I would say is remember to save some budget for a monitor. Your PC might be generating 50000 FPS but if your monitor is a 1080p 60hz old wreck you'll miss out on 99% of the benefits of the new PC.
Happy to give a few basic points on that front or direct you towards some youtubers with a lot more knowledge than myself.

Whatever parts you end up using, good luck and enjoy it!

Skaen

« Reply #550 on: April 08, 2020, 10:19:38 am »
I am finally out of the dilemma. Thank you MrTiki for your informational messages. They helped me a lot! :)

Skaen

« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2020, 08:06:37 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know a good budget keyboard with a wrist rest included?

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2020, 09:14:47 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know a good budget keyboard with a wrist rest included?
Like I say to everyone for PC related stuff, better to post your actual budget first.

What price range are you looking at?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2020, 09:29:40 pm »
Around 50 to 70 euros.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile