Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76757 times)

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #510 on: August 15, 2019, 03:37:28 pm »
Literally get a YouTube video up and follow it

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #511 on: August 15, 2019, 10:19:05 pm »
I mean I already posted a video showing someone doing everything wrong and still having a functional PC.
If you've ever played with lego you can build a PC. Essentially the only way you do something wrong is dropping things or buying non-compatible parts/not realising you have to flash older mobos to use Zen 2.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2019, 05:47:02 am »
If anyone needs a legit Windows 10 key for $13 here you go. I just got mine and it worked instantly without issue.

Use code SStudio for 18% off to get it for $13.
https://www.scdkey.com/microsoft-windows-10-pro-oem-cd-key-global_1227-20.html

;D

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #513 on: August 21, 2019, 04:20:11 pm »
Thinking of buying this to play Paradox games while I wait for the chunks in between my university classes
https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345619203819&urlLangId=&quantity=1
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 21, 2019, 06:13:03 pm »
Thinking of buying this to play Paradox games while I wait for the chunks in between my university classes
https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=3074457345619203819&urlLangId=&quantity=1

Its pretty weak man, i would look around more. A 2 core cpu now adays is pretty whack. And the Vega 3 igpu has to be pretty weak. I was on Vega 8 igpu and i was barely playing most stuff. So i really doubt the Vega 3 could do much but idk it might be enough for paradox games. But tbh i am sure you can find a better deal then something HP. Look at Lenovo they usually have really good prices and are decent quality.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #515 on: August 21, 2019, 08:38:28 pm »

Its pretty weak man, i would look around more. A 2 core cpu now adays is pretty whack. And the Vega 3 igpu has to be pretty weak. I was on Vega 8 igpu and i was barely playing most stuff. So i really doubt the Vega 3 could do much but idk it might be enough for paradox games. But tbh i am sure you can find a better deal then something HP. Look at Lenovo they usually have really good prices and are decent quality.
Will do
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 24, 2019, 04:02:02 am »
Finally took some time in Aura sync to get a solid color scheme going instead of rainbow. And wow the wraith prism is gorgeous. So happy with it! Just need 2 more sticks of ram for 32gb total and to fill all 4 dimms with RGB beauty and a new keyboard with proper rgb software for more effects and better colors. Probably also going to get 7 white corsair LL120 rgb fans eventually for ultimate look and even better thermals/airflow. :P

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 04:05:35 am by Marceaux »

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
« Reply #517 on: November 16, 2019, 10:11:09 pm »
If anyone needs a legit Windows 10 key for $13 here you go. I just got mine and it worked instantly without issue.

;D

I tried buying a Windows key with that price, it expired after 1 year.

Should I go with RTX 2060 Super or RTX 2070 for 144hz 1080p gaming?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2019, 10:22:54 pm »

;D

I tried buying a Windows key with that price, it expired after 1 year.

Should I go with RTX 2060 Super or RTX 2070 for 144hz 1080p gaming?

2060 Super for sure. $100 cheaper and it is basically the exact same performance as the 2070.

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2019, 07:13:01 pm »
Anyone reckon there will be any GPU's on sale during black friday (EU)?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 24, 2019, 12:44:09 am »
Anyone reckon there will be any GPU's on sale during black friday (EU)?

I imagine there will be some decent sales on newegg. I would also check the EVGA website as they have alot of good sales pretty frequently. However to my knowledge PC parts are not known to get good black Friday deals like everything else. However i would still keep an eye out. And i am sure Amazon will have some decent sales.

Nock

« Reply #521 on: November 27, 2019, 11:08:52 pm »
i have a question:

months ago, i installed a new motherboard and a new cpu BUT by installing the new motherboard i had to do a clean install of windows
thing is, my key wasnt re-usable so now my windows licence isnt active anymore but it doesnt rly bother me, it just stops me from using Word, powerpoint or stuff like that (i dont use them so)

thing is, i purchased a new ssd today and i was wondering how i could put my windows files on it

should i do a clean windows install again ? but then, i wont be able to even boot it since my windows key isnt valid anymore ? or can i just drop the files from my hdd to my new ssd ?

im sorry if it sounds dumb or if my english isnt great, honestly i'm just tired today and i dont know shit about windows licence stuff, i'm just into hardware

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #522 on: November 27, 2019, 11:24:21 pm »
easiest way would probably be with a cloning tool like Acronis or Clonezilla

Those softwares should also have something like a guide what you have to do

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Nock

« Reply #523 on: November 28, 2019, 01:09:04 am »
aight tyyy

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 28, 2019, 01:09:26 am »
i have a question:

months ago, i installed a new motherboard and a new cpu BUT by installing the new motherboard i had to do a clean install of windows
thing is, my key wasnt re-usable so now my windows licence isnt active anymore but it doesnt rly bother me, it just stops me from using Word, powerpoint or stuff like that (i dont use them so)

thing is, i purchased a new ssd today and i was wondering how i could put my windows files on it

should i do a clean windows install again ? but then, i wont be able to even boot it since my windows key isnt valid anymore ? or can i just drop the files from my hdd to my new ssd ?

im sorry if it sounds dumb or if my english isnt great, honestly i'm just tired today and i dont know shit about windows licence stuff, i'm just into hardware

Ide personally just do a clean install. It will ask you for a key but you can just skip it. And it will boot just fine and work perfectly without one. :)
And if you're just adding an SSD and keeping your HDD it will just add a new drive and you can drag and drop any files you want to move over.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 01:11:22 am by Marceaux »