Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76754 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2018, 06:13:16 am »
I haven't gotten one yet going to be getting one from ebay on wednesday. Likely going for a Sapphire rx580 8gb special edition. Pretty sure ill be able to get one for about $150 with a little luck.

I will say for now though i am very impressed with the Vega 8 graphics. I turned the vram up to 2gb and it basically performs like a GT 1030. Like i am getting 150-250 fps at all times in csgo. And mass effect andromeda is giving me about 40+ or so fps with medium-high settings and it looks GREAT. I also overclocked my ram to 2933mhz and Ryzen absolutely lllllllllloooooovvvvvvveeeeeeesssssss it!

Also found some cheap but nice looking rgb fans i am going to add this week to brighten up the inside and add some more airflow.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DRBK74V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A35YSX3GLRRA77&psc=1
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 06:21:55 am by Marceaux »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2019, 09:37:14 pm »
Added the fans and an ADATA SU800 512gb ssd for more storage. These fans look amazing and have so many modes. Cant believe they are only $30. They also move a ton of air! :o Also went ahead and oc'd my ram to 3200 mhz. :P

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:38:50 pm by Marceaux »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2019, 10:46:20 pm »
Why not wait until you put a graphics card in it you pleb
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2019, 11:04:47 pm »
so uhhh why is everything on the floor, do you like lay down whilst you play???

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2019, 11:14:57 pm »
Why not wait until you put a graphics card in it you pleb

Waiting to get one for the right price and figure since i have an apu i might as well utilize it a little bit before i get the gpu. Plus i want to be done with all this cheap small stuff so that when i add the GPU it will all be done and will be the cherry on top. :P

so uhhh why is everything on the floor, do you like lay down whilst you play???

I just moved my mouse/keyboard and stuff down for the video/pictures. The pc is on the floor all the time however, at least until i get a bigger desk.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2019, 12:13:57 am »
8GB of RAM is just not enough imho. Also dw, building a PC is literally as easy as building a lego house.
^. Although there are sometimes cheap prebuilts but generally their internals are lesser known or cruddy brands. Generally you either want to build it for less or buy it from a custom PC vendor and pay extra.

Trust me i know 8gb is not enough overall but its certainly enough to get started. It will be my first priority to add 2 more 4gb sticks to get up to 16gb total after the initial build. 16gb kits are just to pricey upfront rn for my budget. I am getting all of these parts next week except the GPU because i am still trying to find one for cheaper or on a sale somewhere. But until then ill just run Vega 8 graphics for a week or 2.

And i have looked at tons of prebuilds recently and there is just NOWAY to get the quality of components as cheap as you can build it yourself. The system i am building would easily run 800-1000$ prebuilt and i am getting everything for just under $600. I am really excited to build it just nervous lol, do not wanna fuck anything up or put it all together and it not power on lol...
Tbh 8GB is enough for most current games. With the whole price gouging thing still working its way through the market, I'd only buy 8GB for the moment then get more later if you're building a new system.
If you've got a Ryzen system 8GB of high speed will get you the better performance than 16GB of crap stuff. There are comparisons on Youtube of different RAM setups which I found super helpful.
Obviously if you're doing video editing etc you need a boat load, but for gaming specifically you get very little performance increase from 16GB over 8GB. Better to spend the extra money on a better GPU.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2019, 02:50:28 am »
For sure Tiki! I already upgraded to 16gb total 4 x 4gb sticks. Stock speed is 2666mhz. I had the 2 sticks overclocked to 3200mhz but after adding 2 more sticks 3200 wasn't stable and i went back down to the stock speed of 2666mhz and i get better timings plus its not a huge difference from 3000-3200mhz in terms of performance. Also after i added more ram and some bios updates i have the Vega 8 igpu using 3gb dedicated vram. So its performing really good considering. Also after upgrading to 16gb total ram my entire system was running even smoother and now the system has plenty of breathing room and i haven't encountered any errors, but when i was on just 8gb some games were running terrible like Battlefront 2 for example after upgrading to 16gb however it started running great. ;D Here is my current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LymQvn

Still waiting on a GPU but ive got my sights set on a Sapphire RX580 8gb card. :D Should be able to get one on ebay for around $150. But ide like to get the special edition so might cost a little more depending. Also recently did a 10% oc on cpu and its running cool at 3.8ghz ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:01:19 am by Marceaux »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2019, 03:07:24 am »
Also as far as temps go, after my oc the temps constantly fluctuate between 28c-46c with the average being about 35c-40c while idle/web browsing or basic application use. Is it normal to change so much even while idle? Also the max temp i have hit is 74c while playing some heavier games. Is that good/safe?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2019, 03:37:01 am »
Anyone here upgraded to the Nvidia 2000 series?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2019, 05:14:24 am »
Anyone here upgraded to the Nvidia 2000 series?

Talking about the RTX cards?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2019, 06:07:22 am »
Also as far as temps go, after my oc the temps constantly fluctuate between 28c-46c with the average being about 35c-40c while idle/web browsing or basic application use. Is it normal to change so much even while idle? Also the max temp i have hit is 74c while playing some heavier games. Is that good/safe?

74c is good
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2019, 07:31:43 am »

74c is good

Ok ty :)

Offline Yete111

• First Sergeant
  • Bippity Boppity you are all my property
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yete/ButtLumps
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:38 pm »
Go big or go home

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2019, 12:32:52 am »
#ShamelessFlex

New Build I am about to hit buy, just checking the last few pieces, checking anymore fittings I need etc.
[close]

Will be my 2nd watercooled build. First one I had to redo the loop... twice but it was a learning curve.

Stuck with Thermaltake as they have some pretty good build kits and just tend to be reliable in general. Fans etc. I will be buying from a seperate website as I need static pressure ones with White LED's or RGB that doesn't cost £60+ from SCAN.

I am also about to grab some white PSU and SATA cables from CableMod (they finally have an EU store) which I will post lata.

So excited. Yet this is going to take me at least a whole day to build as I am still not used to watercooling yet. Its just nice to know as you grow older and moving further ahead at your job etc. you can afford to do crazy things like this.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:34:54 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2019, 01:36:35 am »
#ShamelessFlex

New Build I am about to hit buy, just checking the last few pieces, checking anymore fittings I need etc.
[close]

Will be my 2nd watercooled build. First one I had to redo the loop... twice but it was a learning curve.

Stuck with Thermaltake as they have some pretty good build kits and just tend to be reliable in general. Fans etc. I will be buying from a seperate website as I need static pressure ones with White LED's or RGB that doesn't cost £60+ from SCAN.

I am also about to grab some white PSU and SATA cables from CableMod (they finally have an EU store) which I will post lata.

So excited. Yet this is going to take me at least a whole day to build as I am still not used to watercooling yet. Its just nice to know as you grow older and moving further ahead at your job etc. you can afford to do crazy things like this.

all this needs is a vr kit  8)
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.