Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76769 times)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2018, 07:24:17 pm »
RX cards are for budget pc's. The GTX 1050TI which I put in my brothers pc only runs games at about 30-40 fps on Medium. Which is around the same price point as that card.

Whereas my GTX980TI runs games on Max at 60fps at 1080p. I turn Anti Aliasing down as I have a 1440p monitor then I still get 60fps even then.

So yeah, for about a 60-70% better card you pay the same price. Only issue being it would be second hand but graphics cards last a lifetime anyway.

Help me build a PC dad.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2018, 07:25:48 pm »
I actually had this same convo with Herishey a few months back. Not sure if he bought it in the end but he was going to buy a GTX 1060 but I talked him out of buying that junk card.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2018, 08:17:06 pm »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2018, 09:13:37 pm »
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126231

Well I'll be damned
But can it run Crysis 3 at 60 frames, 16:9 aspect ration, and a shitty 2007 1080i monitor I picked up from Microsoft during Cyber Monday?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 16, 2018, 08:06:35 pm »
Quick question: I kind of want to get a cheap second graphics card so I can run my monitors independently; What's a good, yet cheap GPU for that purpose?
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2018, 07:57:28 pm »
So i have changed up my build ALOT, going for ultimate budget banger so i can buy it all at once instead of over time. This will be my first build EVER but keep in mind i have taken some entry level A+ CompTIA courses in school and have watched ALOT of videos on components and builds/building etc in these last few weeks as well as spent tons of time on pcpartpicker doing different possible builds.

But how hard do you guys think it will be for me to build it properly and working on the 1st try? My biggest concern is getting windows 10 on it properly and making sure all drivers are working correctly. I am also in doubts as to where exactly to plug everything in. Although i will be watching and reading some more specific detailed tutorials soon i would like as many suggestions and help as possible.

This build is meant to be up to date (late 2017/2018 components/parts) on everything and using high quality but also budget oriented parts.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qRLmHh

I do plan to add a 120mm AIO water cooler for overclocking at a later point.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:37:20 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2018, 09:53:15 pm »
8GB of RAM is just not enough imho. Also dw, building a PC is literally as easy as building a lego house.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2018, 10:08:45 pm »
8GB of RAM is just not enough imho. Also dw, building a PC is literally as easy as building a lego house.
^. Although there are sometimes cheap prebuilts but generally their internals are lesser known or cruddy brands. Generally you either want to build it for less or buy it from a custom PC vendor and pay extra.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2018, 10:31:44 pm »
^. Although there are sometimes cheap prebuilts but generally their internals are lesser known or cruddy brands. Generally you either want to build it for less or buy it from a custom PC vendor and pay extra.

Trust me i know 8gb is not enough overall but its certainly enough to get started. It will be my first priority to add 2 more 4gb sticks to get up to 16gb total after the initial build. 16gb kits are just to pricey upfront rn for my budget. I am getting all of these parts next week except the GPU because i am still trying to find one for cheaper or on a sale somewhere. But until then ill just run Vega 8 graphics for a week or 2.

And i have looked at tons of prebuilds recently and there is just NOWAY to get the quality of components as cheap as you can build it yourself. The system i am building would easily run 800-1000$ prebuilt and i am getting everything for just under $600. I am really excited to build it just nervous lol, do not wanna fuck anything up or put it all together and it not power on lol...

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2018, 10:02:44 pm »
Anyone have experience using Ebay to buy used or open box GPU's? They are way better priced and according to some research i have done they are actually pretty safe to buy apparently. I found an Sapphire rx580 8gb card for $100 which is an amazing price.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2018, 10:04:53 pm »
I did it a couple of times and never had issues. But you need to watch out, because there are scammers around. Usually they take posession of another account. If they only offer payment outside of ebay (manual bank transfer for example) do not buy it from them. Any transfers on ebay are safe, buyer protection will get you your money back if you get scammed.

Ebay is great. I managed to get a 2080ti for 300 euro less. It works just fine and was delivered just as fast as ordering it from Amazon for example.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 10:06:43 pm by Olafson »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2018, 11:35:02 pm »
I did it a couple of times and never had issues. But you need to watch out, because there are scammers around. Usually they take posession of another account. If they only offer payment outside of ebay (manual bank transfer for example) do not buy it from them. Any transfers on ebay are safe, buyer protection will get you your money back if you get scammed.

Ebay is great. I managed to get a 2080ti for 300 euro less. It works just fine and was delivered just as fast as ordering it from Amazon for example.

Ok awesome i am very glad someone has personal experience with this and still thinks its safe! Ill definitely be buying my GPU from Ebay then, the prices are just unbeatable. Thanks for the response Olaf!

Should have my build completed within 1-2 weeks depending on shipping. Will be posting pictures and possibly a video then! ;D

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2018, 12:59:35 am »
Yeah just like I said before as long as you are careful with who you are buying from (rule of thumb to stay away from mining GPU's as they tend to be poorly kept) then the value difference is just way too good to pass up.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2018, 02:54:48 am »
Got everything and finished the build today! Was easier then i expected. Everything went fine on the first try. This case was amazing to build in. So streamlined and easy cable management. Overall could not be happier! ;D

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2018, 05:01:14 am »
What GPU did you go with?