Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77394 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »
$600 for a motherboard? What are you building? A PC to fly you to Mars??
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

AeroNinja

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2017, 07:45:11 pm »
"I make my own money so I spend it how I like." - Rae Sremmurd.

I'll post it here again so people haven't got to check a page back. Pls give feedback about the actual build and not money. xd
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:13:39 pm by NiPhix »

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2017, 08:16:31 pm »
You sure 1TB of storage data is enough for you? I know it sounds like a lot but with most games being between 50-80GB these days, 1TB is filled up very quickly.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

AeroNinja

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2017, 08:27:07 pm »
Yeah I was also wondering about it. Should I get 2 TB? I'll also record YouTube videos.

Are all these pieces compatible?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Cause it gives me this message, but I don't understand a word from it.

"2 EPS power connectors are needed. We are currently entering in EPS connector data for power supplies to verify this is compatible. In the meantime, please verify the power supply has sufficient EPS connectors for the motherboard."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:23:58 pm by NiPhix »

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2017, 08:30:28 pm »
Definitely get 2TB. As for the other thing, I have no idea. Your motherboard looks to be compatible with your CPU, that's the most important part.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »
Good build NiPhix, I might recommend a separate HDD to store videos and the like on just because a 2TB ssd is extremely expensive and they'll eventually go down in price so no point in dropping 400 on one.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2017, 08:50:29 pm »
Oh well I have a new build but thanks for your feedback I will look into that shortly. This is my new update. Also included a Sound card.

I might replace EVGA with MSI. As EVGA is not quite known in Belgium. :c

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rFxWpb

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2017, 09:33:37 pm »
900 dollars for a 2tb ssd!?!?!?  :-X :-X :-X
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »
Yeah, but I might change it like you said. :p

I really don't know what to do more on this point I'm kinda stuck. I think it's a strong build but I'm open to any other suggestions for the SSD and Sound Card and any other addition a gaming pc MUST have.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2017, 02:49:23 am »
I'd get a 3TB HDD for your videos, as they won't matter as much and will fill up space fast if they're high quality. The 1TB SSD should be fine for games for a while, assuming you don't install every single game you own.

I think the power thing is on about the connections from the PSU to the twin GPUs, as depending on how many extra things you have (maybe sound card?) you might fill up all the slots. I'd check where the sound card draws power from and count each individual slot.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2017, 03:25:54 am »
The new desktop PC I ordered.

Spoiler
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

AeroNinja

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2017, 08:49:19 am »
I'd get a 3TB HDD for your videos, as they won't matter as much and will fill up space fast if they're high quality. The 1TB SSD should be fine for games for a while, assuming you don't install every single game you own.

I think the power thing is on about the connections from the PSU to the twin GPUs, as depending on how many extra things you have (maybe sound card?) you might fill up all the slots. I'd check where the sound card draws power from and count each individual slot.

Thanks for explaining. I will let a friend who studied it build my PC. I'm a total newbie at it. I have a 2TB HDD used from an other PC. So I guess that's also plenty. The main thing is I don't know which sound card to get. Money should not be a problem. Can anyone suggest a high quality one?

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2017, 06:20:07 pm »
What's the cheapest way to get Windows 10 for a newbuild PC?

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »
Cheapest would involve things which cannot be condoned on this website. Not a particularly safe option though.

Edit: No idea about sound cards tbh, the inbuilt one has always been enough for me

AeroNinja

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »
Anyone? :c

Thanks for explaining. I will let a friend who studied it build my PC. I'm a total newbie at it. I have a 2TB HDD used from an other PC. So I guess that's also plenty. The main thing is I don't know which sound card to get. Money should not be a problem. Can anyone suggest a high quality one?